Predators Hockey Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Yeah, I saw some of it on the scroll bar on NHLN but since I was paying attention to the games I didn't really see if there was new updates or just the week+ old stuff like we have with the Preds. I don't get on Twitter so don't have a clue about those updates.

Neal, Spurgeon among others testing positive prior to Winter Classic

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville

Good point. I guess I figured they wouldn't be as susceptible to catching it because they aren't in as big of groups as the players but I guess omicron is contiguous enough that if you are out in public and traveling you're going to get it.

Man, are we lucky it's less dangerous and so many are protected from serious illness.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Went to the stats page to get a quick mental refresher of where everyone sits point wise...

Anyone else notice something wrong here?

Attachments

• www.nhl.com_predators_stats.png
    www.nhl.com_predators_stats.png
    58 KB · Views: 9

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Went to the stats page to get a quick mental refresher of where everyone sits point wise...

Anyone else notice something wrong here?

I noticed a few games ago. It looks like they're omitting players from IR. My best guess is that it's an automated scraper that compiles based on the roster page and it's overlooking the IR list.

Reactions: nine_inch_fang

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
I noticed a few games ago. It looks like they're omitting players from IR. My best guess is that it's an automated scraper that compiles based on the roster page and it's overlooking the IR list.
I wouldn't have noticed the Roster page not having IR players on it without you mentioning it. When did they start doing that? They used to just put an asterisk next to their name to signify being on IR.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Hynes can't think much of Myers when he's icing Harpur out there.. just yikes.
I'm just surprised there isn't more of an effort to get some game feedback into the process. As it drags out to "months" that they are working with him, I'd think at some point you want to see him handle more game action in order to get another level of evaluation on how things are going with the rebuild. Even if that means a conditioning stint in Milwaukee - or maybe especially with conditioning stints in Milwaukee.

I'm really curious to see how this pans out, I can't remember ever seeing a case like this before. Not with a player who has progressed past the "rookie" phase in his NHL career, anyway.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
The identity is there among the forward lines and 3rd defensive pairing. Harpur is making a minimum of one catastrophic mistake per game (even with the fewest number of shifts among d-men last night).

Our big salary forwards have to start getting the puck on net at even strength ... there isn't enough PP time for them to only hit the net with the man advantage (Granlund, Duchene, Johansen with zero combined ES SOG at Columbus ... Rittich with one).

Now that the rust should be off, back to putting together full 60 minute games. Can't have just a good second period at Washington and two good periods at Columbus and expect to get the needed points.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Harper must have the goat pics. Not impressed with a coaching staff that keeps putting such a liability out there.

Harper was unconditionally waived and currently playing in Finland. Harpur made a boneheaded play trying to clear a puck and cost the team a goal (far from the first Pred to do so). But yeah ... it's the coaching staff that is unimpressive as the team has the #7 PP%, #13 PK%, and a team on pace for over 100 points as things sit today.

There are reasons why Harpur is a #7/8/9 d-man ... he got out of position on one of Washington's goals and forced a clearing attempt right to Texier. He probably held his Gatorade bottle improperly as Laine scored as well.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Starting to get a little worried about the return from that Ellis trade tbh. Not sure magic beans of a lottery protected first round pick wouldn't be better at this point.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Starting to get a little worried about the return from that Ellis trade tbh. Not sure magic beans of a lottery protected first round pick wouldn't be better at this point.

Meh. Worst case we still get addition by subtraction clearing a spot for Carrier and saving Ellis cap hit. I also think Glass will still pan out.

Reactions: Roman Yoshi

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Meh. Worst case we still get addition by subtraction clearing a spot for Carrier and saving Ellis cap hit. I also think Glass will still pan out.

I hear you, but Ellis was still a very, very good asset. Seems like a waste at the moment to trade him for an 8th d-man and a maybe. Can't disagree Carrier was ready, just wonder what else was available.

The team's success, while great, is starting to remind me of the Cancuks/Ducks from a few years ago. I really like our hard working guys, Trenin, Jeannot, Sissons, Novak and Kunin. I'm really not huge fan of Boro, McCarron, Benning and obviously Cousins.

Granlund remains this massive mystery to me. How was he so bad under Lavi? Completely different player now under Hynes.

Reactions: LCPreds
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad