Predators Hockey Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Yikes....

The capped-out team that should rebuild but doesn’t want to and maybe couldn’t and is therefore doomed

The 2021-22 inspiration: Nashville Predators

I didn't read the article like it was a bad thing though in terms of how the header was written. But let's be honest, that header is kind of right in a way in terms of how some folks felt starting the season. I was one of them. Just really felt like we were destined to be fighting for that WC spot for awhile with no clear path to anything other than that. Glad I was wrong (as of Jan 6th, 2022).

Reactions: Scoresberg

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I didn't read the article like it was a bad thing though in terms of how the header was written. But let's be honest, that header is kind of right in a way in terms of how some folks felt starting the season. I was one of them. Just really felt like we were destined to be fighting for that WC spot for awhile with no clear path to anything other than that. Glad I was wrong (as of Jan 6th, 2022).

Yeah I don't think anything he wrote was particularly inaccurate besides us being cap strapped. He's not saying that description is what we currently are, but rather what we looked like going into the season and now we've turned it around and look like a contender again.

Reactions: LCPreds

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I genuinely dislike the Twitter presence surrounding the Preds. The rush to claim we’re in first when it was impossible to end the day that way … the so and so has a better xg/60 than Forsberg while ignoring the glaring actual performance difference … the absolute lack of any depth of coverage. That includes the team, local traditional media, bloggers.

That is why I call them "Twits".

You would be hard pressed to find people who know less about hockey than some people on Twitter.

BTW, NHL.com shows Nashville in first place by one point over the Blues. They have both played 34 games.

I like seeing that the Preds are 8-1-1 in their last ten games, as is 3rd place Colorado. Vancouver is the only other NHL team that can match that record. Pittsburgh was 9-1 for the best record.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Colorado and wild can still pass by winning some games in hand but Edmonton is tumbling hard so there’s some separation between us and falling out of the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad