Prospect Info: Predators Development Camp 2014

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
agreed . ILIILI is old, but it's ours and the casual fan knows it. I wish the PFO would quit trying to remake us into some clone hockey team.

Gold on the Ceiling is horrid. It is too SLOW. pick a song that is fast and jumpy and rock/roll, don't choose a song just because it has the dam word "gold" in it for branding purposes.

Agreed, if we can't have r&r pt 2, then let's go with kernkraft or like "This Is How We Roll "by Florida/ Ga line

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Agreed, if we can't have r&r pt 2, then let's go with kernkraft or like "This Is How We Roll "by Florida/ Ga line

just went and listened to this ^^ it's got a good rocking beat and fits

gold on the ceiling is so much worse after I went and listened to this^^

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
agreed . ILIILI is old, but it's ours and the casual fan knows it. I wish the PFO would quit trying to remake us into some clone hockey team.

Gold on the Ceiling is horrid. It is too SLOW. pick a song that is fast and jumpy and rock/roll, don't choose a song just because it has the dam word "gold" in it for branding purposes.

We get it Wendy ... you hate the Gold sweaters ;)

justinbbradford

Jul 11, 2014
Undrafted goalie at camp

He kind of flew under the radar, but bringing in Devin Williams, who's currently with Erie in the OHL, showed good poise and footwork at development camp. He could be good to add for goaltending depth. Milwaukee is pretty much set, but why not get him in the system. I spoke with him after the scrimmage. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders. He's dedicated and getting good training in the OHL.

Undrafted Williams Has Sights Set On NHL Training Camp

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
He kind of flew under the radar, but bringing in Devin Williams, who's currently with Erie in the OHL, showed good poise and footwork at development camp. He could be good to add for goaltending depth. Milwaukee is pretty much set, but why not get him in the system. I spoke with him after the scrimmage. Good kid with a good head on his shoulders. He's dedicated and getting good training in the OHL.

the biggest obstacle to signing a guy like this is the 50 total contract rule…

Im not sure where we stand right now but adding a 5th or 6th goalie probably isn't a high priority, especially with Saros likely coming over next year or the year after.

justinbbradford

Jul 11, 2014
the biggest obstacle to signing a guy like this is the 50 total contract rule…

Im not sure where we stand right now but adding a 5th or 6th goalie probably isn't a high priority, especially with Saros likely coming over next year or the year after.

Very true. I do see some team signing him in the near future though. Too much of an upside to not sign him. He'll at least be playing in the AHL in his career. That's for sure.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC

nice to see Williams had a good camp in Nashville. I saw he earned an invite to main camp. He's a great kid and a great goalie. Took over the starting job late in the season when CBJ pick Oscar Dansk fell apart and played great aside from the final series against Guelph (no one from Erie played well in that series).

He has probably the best footwork for a goalie I've ever seen in Erie. So, so quick. His biggest issues right now are size (he is about six feet now, not quite as small as Nashville has him listed), and getting caught too deep in his net. If he could learn to play an aggressive to make up for his lack of size he could be an excellent goalie. Could see him playing a Jonathan Quick style, he has that kind of quickness.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
For those that want more info on Brendan Leipsic. Basically, he likes offense. Does that have you turned on? haha

http://www.penaltyboxradio.com/leipsic-is-prepared-to-perfect-his-game-in-first-pro-season/

I think he could be a real special player for us in a few years. He's fast. He's smart. He gets under your skin. He knows how to put the puck in the net. Yeah, he's on the smaller side but as the article said it never stopped Sully or St. Louis. Plenty of big guys out there with great skill sets and no heart. This kid seems to have the heart of a warrior. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

justinbbradford

Jul 11, 2014
I think he could be a real special player for us in a few years. He's fast. He's smart. He gets under your skin. He knows how to put the puck in the net. Yeah, he's on the smaller side but as the article said it never stopped Sully or St. Louis. Plenty of big guys out there with great skill sets and no heart. This kid seems to have the heart of a warrior. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

He definitely gets under the opposing team's skin. Everyone remember the water bottle incident? haha

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
If you all get tired of me posting these, just let me know! haha I figured I'd continue to post articles on the prospects from development camp whenever I can get them written. This one is on Jimmy Vesey. It was his third dev camp and he's going to be a junior at Harvard this fall.

http://penaltyboxradio.com/blog/2014/07/27/vesey-has-goals-to-accomplish-before-turning-pro/

No man, keep em coming. Your articles confirm the notion of OTF's obsolescence and provide great Offseason reading.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
how did you like Kirkland?

I liked him a lot. Didn't seem like it was his first camp, a pretty smooth skater for his size. I think, realistically, he is a 3rd line guy who can put up points and his ceiling is a very good 2nd line PWF that gets PP time. Love the kid, I think it'll be a long road for him to reach Nashville though. Similar to Taylor Beck

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
I liked him a lot. Didn't seem like it was his first camp, a pretty smooth skater for his size. I think, realistically, he is a 3rd line guy who can put up points and his ceiling is a very good 2nd line PWF that gets PP time. Love the kid, I think it'll be a long road for him to reach Nashville though. Similar to Taylor Beck

Funny thing is when I went I wasn't keying in on him at all but he caught my eye. I agree with the above assessment and will be watching him closely from here on out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad