Prospect Info: Predators Development Camp 2014

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
Who's going to the camp? Would be cool to see your reports especially on the new guys.

I can't go to the camp, due to living out of town, but I'm coming for the final scrimmage on Saturday. Hopefully we can have some guys who really stands out. I'll try get as much info on the players

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Aberg and Fiala will be interesting. Both are reputed to have very good speed and very good offensive skill. Can they play effectively at this level? Will their games translate? If so, bodes well for our future.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Mazanec has been going around town this morning with a few other prospects posting pictures on twitter. He's posted several pictures all with the same players, not sure who the other prospects are (Maybe Hellberg is one).

https://twitter.com/mazanec222

Br84bSWCcAAHnlG.jpg

Edit: so apparently it was a scavenger hunt

Brandon Walker @bgwalker18 said:
“@Jonathan_Diaby: @Tavern96 done pic.twitter.com/dtzPJeFoMa” Development Camp scavenger hunt champs!!!
Br9Jif2CIAAcYLk.jpg

Last edited:

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
Outside of Lame Ass Cooper not one 1 update about the first day of camp. NOT ONE. SMDH. At least the Thrashers fans/site/blog had robust coverage of prospects camp(all we had to look fwd to ), but I'm expecting more out of a first class Preds Org/Fan Base

SMDH

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Outside of Lame Ass Cooper not one 1 update about the first day of camp. NOT ONE. SMDH. At least the Thrashers fans/site/blog had robust coverage of prospects camp(all we had to look fwd to ), but I'm expecting more out of a first class Preds Org/Fan Base

SMDH

I'm pretty sure there were no on ice activities for the fans to watch, that's why I didn't go. I think it was physicals and things like that today. On ice stuff starts tomorrow.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
I'm pretty sure there were no on ice activities for the fans to watch, that's why I didn't go. I think it was physicals and things like that today. On ice stuff starts tomorrow.

Yes it was all off-ice condition testing today. Closed to media also.

Predsboro

Feb 29, 2008
Pretty pissed I gave my manager off Saturday .... didn't realize the scrimmage on that date. :/ Joys of owning a business ... gotta have the doors open so ...

Looking forward to reading updates here ...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Some comments I saw on Twitter:

Justin Bradford @justinbbradford said:
Forsberg looked like a pro in puck handling drills. Moved through them quickly with few mistakes.

Quick #analysis on today's drills: Fiala obviously has work to do but flashes of brilliance. Sissons was strong in drills. Diaby is HUGE.

Forsberg, Aberg, Gortz and Murphy working a drill. #Preds @ Bridgestone Arena http://instagram.com/p/qPUgTWLW29/

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
More comments on Diaby
Another note on Diaby. Great skater and he has one helluva shot. Kid is already a beast and will only get better.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Yeah, I'm seeing a lot of the "Diaby is huge" or "Diaby is a monster" someone said he looked like a defensive end on skates...

We heard much the same about Yonkman, would like to know if he can actually skate. If so its will be interesting in a couple years.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
We heard much the same about Yonkman, would like to know if he can actually skate. If so its will be interesting in a couple years.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Diaby won the D-man of the year in the Q last year. Good start for the kid.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com

Early scouting reports said his skating was one of his biggest strengths and even today reports like the one above have boasted his speed.

I'll get down later this week for a first hand view.

I know for a fact I'll be there Saturday with little triggrman and Hipcheck.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Early scouting reports said his skating was one of his biggest strengths and even today reports like the one above have boasted his speed.

I'll get down later this week for a first hand view.

I know for a fact I'll be there Saturday with little triggrman and Hipcheck.

Yep Sat should be fun.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
I was impressed with some of the agility drills employed by the staff. There were quite a few standouts, although some were to be expected. Forsberg was very comfortable and confident out there and showed he has the tools to play in the NHL. I was surprised at the ability and size of Pontus Aberg (for some reason I thought he was a smaller player, but is closer to 6 foot and 200 pounds). Diaby is very large and he appears to have very good skating skills. He should be ready for the NHL in 1 to 2 years. Fiala looked to be a promising young player with a lot of skill. Others that looked promising were Gortz, Leipsec, Maenalanen, and Salomaki. Of course this was all on first impression. On a side note, I was one of about 40 people who attended the very first Predator practice and the rookies I watched today would have easily beaten that first team in 8 out of 10 contests.

originalpredfan

Oct 27, 2013
By the way either I totally missed him, or I never saw Vladislav Kamenev at the camp today. Does anyone know why he wasn't there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad