Predators block ticket sales for Pens fans

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Chicago also had ownership who didn't care one bit about the team's fans. Nashville's ownership has a different approach that has grown the local fan base.

It's just a different perspective. Being a teenager going to a Wings/Hawks game in '98 when the teams was still "supposed" to be good and all over the audience were winged wheeled jerseys topped with backwards baseball caps atop some often foul mouthed cocky humans then add a large amount of tension/nastiness in the atmosphere I must say I've seen "it" first hand. Talk about small mentality: I still get goosebumps if anything with a last name ending in -ov comes near the 'Hawks :laugh:

Come to realized it's happened around Manhattan, all over Canada, and around that bottom corner of California too.

That's why I hate the policy, call me old fashioned but that attachment to the real world even when it's negative in the home fans favor is a big part of the charm of hockey. I've never though of home ice as guaranteeing a safe space and I've always rooted hard against nearby rivals taking home trophies for that very reason, you'll never hear/see the end of it.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
It's just a different perspective. Being a teenager going to a Wings/Hawks game in '98 when the teams was still "supposed" to be good and all over the audience were winged wheeled jerseys topped with backwards baseball caps atop some often foul mouthed cocky humans then add a large amount of tension/nastiness in the atmosphere I must say I've seen "it" first hand. Talk about small mentality: I still get goosebumps if anything with a last name ending in -ov comes near the 'Hawks :laugh:

Come to realized it's happened around Manhattan, all over Canada, and around that bottom corner of California too.

That's why I hate the policy, call me old fashioned but that attachment to the real world even when it's negative in the home fans favor is a big part of the charm of hockey. I've never though of home ice as guaranteeing a safe space and I've always rooted hard against nearby rivals taking home trophies for that very reason, you'll never hear/see the end of it.
If you enjoyed it then fine but I don't like attending games where my wife and child are a risk of physical violence. When it got to that point, something had to be done and the ticket restrictions have done that. The visiting fans are still there but they don't have the safety in numbers mentality.

Add to that I don't see the appeal in invading another team's arena and acting violently and arrogant. Why ruin the home team's fans enjoyment of watching their team play?

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If you enjoyed it then fine but I don't like attending games where my wife and child are a risk of physical violence. When it got to that point, something had to be done and the ticket restrictions have done that. The visiting fans are still there but they don't have the safety in numbers mentality.

Add to that I don't see the appeal in invading another team's arena and acting violently and arrogant. Why ruin the home team's fans enjoyment of watching their team play?

And yet, we're all patronizing a league where it's completely okay to cross check someone in the head and give them a concussion because, hey "it's playoff hockey!"

Life sure is funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad