GDT: Predators @ Avalanche The New Toy Edition!

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Bad luck with those broken sticks but we almost got it killed. Stop the penalties and you don't have to be on the PK so much.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I don't know if I'd call any of the goals tonight "softies." What I will say though is that he hasn't made an extraordinary saves. And you expect that from him.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well our offense improved but the bad plays/mistakes on defense, PK, and penalties didn't. Except for our top line, the other three lines and defense/goaltending needs work.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Valiant effort at the end, but you can't win with that many penalties against a lethal power play. Save the doom and gloom please; on to Arizona.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
At least 50% of my post Johansen trade enthusiasm is gone, even though he was awesome. Thanks Rinne and the entire PK

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
The only reason we're still in the playoffs right now is because we've played one less game than Colorado.

7 of the next 10 on the road. No easy games. We could easily be 6 to 8 points out of a playoff spot by the end of the month.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Well, Mike fisher -2 pims, Craig smith -4 awful pims, and salomaki with 2 pims .... What an absolutely awful line tonight.

Gaustad with just stupid penalty killing.

Third pairing was shaky early on.

Our fourth line was not very good, especially in comparison to their fourth line.

Good game. We took too many bad penalties, and lost the game on the pk again.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
That was a nice way to welcome Johansen to the team, spoiling his 2pt début with too many penalties. Even if they'd tied it, though, you just know that they would've lost in OT, anyways, since they couldn't keep up with the Avs all game (hence, the penalties).

XxSmashville18Xx

Nov 14, 2015
Smashville, TN
Goose is the reason why we lost that damn game, left to get a stick and Barrie was so wide open!! A body on someone is better than no body, forget the damn stick especially with 6 seconds left when he went to get one. And pekka played decently tonight made saves when he had too. Can't do much when we're shorthanded all night!! Iggys goal was one that couldn't be stop and codys goal was just a good play. This team is just trying to find themselves these next 5 games will be huge! This team will turn it around. Even if we don't we sure have a lot of good reasons to be happy for the future. Let goose walk call up the Russian Kalv and sign Foresy and Ryan Jo to long term deals!

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Valiant effort at the end, but you can't win with that many penalties against a lethal power play. Save the doom and gloom please; on to Arizona.

I will not save one ounce of doom and gloom when the beat writer himself is saying it is "A critical loss for the Predators. The first half of the season ends and this team is decidedly average."

RyJo is nice, and can score, but he isn't making up for 20 important minutes a night now gone on an already overrated D and fading goalie.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Well I'm hoping Lav will keep the Forsberg/Neal/RyJo line and then change up/fix the other three lines as those lines were bad/a bad matchup which lead to the penalties. These lines just couldn't keep up w/ the speed of Colorado. Think if we could fix/tighten some things up we will get better results for the next game.

Last edited:

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I will not save one ounce of doom and gloom when the beat writer himself is saying it is "A critical loss for the Predators. The first half of the season ends and this team is decidedly average."

RyJo is nice, and can score, but he isn't making up for 20 important minutes a night now gone on an already overrated D and fading goalie.

Jones didn't play 20 important minutes. He played 20 of the easiest minutes the coach could possibly give him. Seriously, look at his QoC, it's insanely low. He certainly wouldn't have helped the PK either, so I don't know what point you're trying to make. The guys that failed us were Weber and Josi, not the third pairing.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I can handle penalties if they're caused by working hard, but the majority of them were simply lazy.

Fisher watches the play go the other direction, trips his man at the skates.
Salomaki doesn't get in good position, waits till he's side by side then grabs onto him.
Smith has THREE other players around him, but still goes for the hook at the hands.

Just not smart.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Jones doesn't change a thing about that game. We were losing with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad