GDT: Predators @ Avalanche The New Toy Edition!

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Wilson Johansen Neal
Forsberg Ribeiro Jarnkrok
Salomaki Fisher Smith
Nystrom Gaustad Watson

Josi Weber
Ekholm Ellis
Bitetto Jackman

Rinne I presume.

Figured I would do this for the first time since we have a #1C for the first time.

Go Preds.

Last edited:

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
That moment when you're getting a new toy to play with

1033.gif

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I hope Johansen pulls a Duchene and scores after being offside. Then, Roy challenges it, it stands even though it was clear as day offside and Roy goes ape ****.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
I'm actually more concerned how the third pair works/doesn't tonight than anything. Hope Bitetto has improved tremendously while practicing on his PS3 NHL 16

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
TO be honest, I share the same sentiments as 303. I have a feeling that the Preds have to trade Jackman as well.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I'm actually more concerned how the third pair works/doesn't tonight than anything. Hope Bitetto has improved tremendously while practicing on his PS3 NHL 16

Bitetto is the last defenseman I would choose to be playing. Granberg should get the first shot IMHO.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Ditto The new toy is great and all but we took a step back defensively, and that has not been a strong suit this year. It was needed I have been saying that all along but one player is not going to magically make this offense sound.

I fully expect the team to be up tonight but they better be serious about defending Colorado is on a roll right now and a loss puts them in the wildcard spot and moves the Preds out. That would be a big kick in the nads if that happens after the last two days.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Bitetto is the last defenseman I would choose to be playing. Granberg should get the first shot IMHO.

I don't understand why Granberg is not getting a look. My guess is he will get his shot. Don't know if the injury has put a damper on this but he has not been afraid to mix it up in the past, which might be the type player we need some nights.

This is what Hockey Future's says about him:

"Granberg is a defensive defender with very good size. He has both strong defensive acumen and can chip in offensively on occasion with a strong first-pass. He plays a smart defensive game and is rarely caught out of position. Granberg does a good job containing opposition forwards in the defensive zone due to his large wing span and body position. He plays a similar style to one-time Maple Leaf defender Carl Gunnarsson but with more of a physical edge to his game. He is expected to become an even more dominant defender as he matures"

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't understand why Granberg is not getting a look. My guess is he will get his shot. Don't know if the injury has put a damper on this but he has not been afraid to mix it up in the past, which might be the type player we need some nights.

This is what Hockey Future's says about him:

"Granberg is a defensive defender with very good size. He has both strong defensive acumen and can chip in offensively on occasion with a strong first-pass. He plays a smart defensive game and is rarely caught out of position. Granberg does a good job containing opposition forwards in the defensive zone due to his large wing span and body position. He plays a similar style to one-time Maple Leaf defender Carl Gunnarsson but with more of a physical edge to his game. He is expected to become an even more dominant defender as he matures"

Reason given was Bitetto has earned first shot by riding the bench all season.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN

And against a forward group that can race down the ice. We'll be very interested in the forwards Lavy puts in front of them to help them out.

If it's Nystrom, Gaustad and player du'jour, that's not going to be pretty.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
Reason given was Bitetto has earned first shot by riding the bench all season.

what I don't get (if we start Bitetto) is that Bitetto is a lefty, and here we put the guy out there in his off hand position? from the time we picked up Granberg it was obvious the reason we got him was if we traded one of our RH defensemen. Now I admit, I know nothing about Granberg's ability to handle the puck, maybe Bitetto is much better as a puck handler and that's why we look at him first with Jackman. Someone on that pair is going to have to be the puck handler or we have a Hulse-Holder combo again lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad