GDT: Predators @ Avalanche The New Toy Edition!

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I can handle penalties if they're caused by working hard, but the majority of them were simply lazy.

Fisher watches the play go the other direction, trips his man at the skates.
Salomaki doesn't get in good position, waits till he's side by side then grabs onto him.
Smith has THREE other players around him, but still goes for the hook at the hands.

Just not smart.

Yeah the Fisher Smith combo wasn't good. Think Smith plays better w/ Ribeiro and Fisher w/ Wilson.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Very tough loss. We needed a W and couldn't get it.

RyJo looked incredible. Great shot, great passes...everything. He did look suspect in the defensive zone, but that's not his job. Hopefully it doesn't bite us later.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Tomorrow isn't looking good either. I know winning the 2nd of a B2B is tough but the Preds make it look nearly impossible.

4 wins going back to 12/13:

12/30/14 vs the Blues
4/5/14 vs the Sharks
3/11/14 vs the Sabres
12/28/13 vs the Kings

Against 13 losses. Terrible.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
There are 125 people viewing this thread and we have people acting like Leafs fans.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site

The 3rd pair can be fixed:

There will be teams willing to trade D at the trade deadline. Its not too expensive to trade for a decent 3rd pairing D with some experience (to replace Bitetto). Its a lot harder to find a Ryan Johansen:)

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Johansen looked reborn to me tonight. It was if he recaptured his form of the last 2 seasons the second he heard that he was traded out of Columbus.

The kid is happy again. Ever since he didn't genuflect to the low ball RFA bridge offer of Columbus management, he was under the gun. His work ethic was publicly questioned. He was told he didn't "earn" a decent offer. He was told that "he might regress". When Tortorella came in, it just got worse. He was told "he didn't know how to be a pro".

"A change of scenery" is often an empty sports cliche. It most definitely isn't in Johansen's case. Enjoy the kid! I know he'll enjoy being in Nashville.

I apologize for the overuse of quotation marks:)

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
There are 125 people viewing this thread and we have people acting like Leafs fans.

I'm not that disappointed, I didn't expect to see anything we haven't seen already.

This game was going to be tough, and you could tell it. Quick team and we have guys spread all over the place. We are slower anyways, but when you are thinking more and reacting less you are going to be even slower.

Even the first was a bit disjointed as well as they played. You could tell the guys are going to need to get used to being ready to score I stead of needing to generate it themselves. Given time I think it's gonna be pretty dang good.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I'm not that disappointed, I didn't expect to see anything we haven't seen already.

This game was going to be tough, and you could tell it. Quick team and we have guys spread all over the place. We are slower anyways, but when you are thinking more and reacting less you are going to be even slower.

Even the first was a bit disjointed as well as they played. You could tell the guys are going to need to get used to being ready to score I stead of needing to generate it themselves. Given time I think it's gonna be pretty dang good.

I agree, was pleased with RJ. Really concerned about Josi. He is gonna be a walking bruise tomorrow.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Really need to try something new on the PK. I believe we're last in the league, or maybe it was 2nd to last. These combos aren't working

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
He would help. Also didn't help the Fisher was out for one. Defensive forwards that have some agility are a weak point atm.

Well if you watch when Fisher's stick was broken he didn't try to go get a stick but instead just stayed on his man to block shots and block a shooting lane; only when the Preds got possession of the puck and cleared it did he go to get another stick. Gaustad should have done the same especially w/ just 6 secs left on the penalty but instead when Gaustad's stick broke and the opponent moved towards the bench he was close to the bench and so thought he would have enough time to get a second stick and stay on his man but it just took a second for his man to capitalize on that mistake and get some space and a shooting lane to score on that last goal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad