Post-Game Talk: Predators 3, Penguins 1 - Tip of the Hat to Regular Season Rinne

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Some will say the shots/chances were there and they just couldn't get more past Rinne but the lines are going stale.
Rust should 100% be off Sid's line.
Phil should 100% be tried with your best 2-way C atm, Bjugs.
Also PP1 is still terrible or terribly inconsistent.
#FireRecchi

Reactions: Ryder71 and Andy99

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Jordon Binnington, Carter Hart and Pekka Rinne...what do they have in common? Last three home games and they all stoned us ...it’s not the goalie....Pens O was MIA...it’s not just missing G and Letang...we’re not getting deflections, not getting to rebounds, not holding on to pucks and using skill to get the goalies moving or off their angle...it’s the Pens forwards as well as a lack of good shooting D men who make a well placed shot from the point...

other than the third line, our net presence is non existent

Reactions: ncm7772 and Andy99

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Schultz is coming off a broken ankle and is not Letang. Maatta just coming back and moving Dumo on the right is not optimal. But it gets Maatta some playing time. At this point I think the team is confident and just as content to start a series on the road in any building. I think they have another gear in them.

Reactions: BladeRunner66

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Anyway, big game against CAR Sunday as they could move within 2 points of us with a win...we haven’t clinched a PO spot..

Also, don’t look now but DET can’t be penciled in as a sure win either...no tanking there...they’ve won 6 of their last 7 games with really solid D and goaltending...no gimme

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Maybe we will be a WC after all

I think playing as an underdog to the Caps might be the best thing that could happen to the Pens...they hate when there’s no adversity and they’d be favored over the Isles...it might be a trap series, with too many formerly injured players returning who have yet to find their form in the lineup...

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Anyway, big game against CAR Sunday as they could move within 2 points of us with a win...we haven’t clinched a PO spot..

Also, don’t look now but DET can’t be penciled in as a sure win either...no tanking there...they’ve won 6 of their last 7 games with really solid D and goaltending...no gimme

7ec.png

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They've been their worst lately at home so maybe starting on the road in the PO's isn't a terrible thing.

I hate that they're probably gonna go with Dumo on his offside again on Sunday...
I hate that they're probably gonna go with the same forward lines on Sunday...
Setting themselves up for failure right off the hop.

Reactions: Andy99

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Olli's gettin' torched vs DET. Bank on it.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Jordon Binnington, Carter Hart and Pekka Rinne...what do they have in common? Last three home games and they all stoned us ...it’s not the goalie....Pens O was MIA...it’s not just missing G and Letang...we’re not getting deflections, not getting to rebounds, not holding on to pucks and using skill to get the goalies moving or off their angle...it’s the Pens forwards as well as a lack of good shooting D men who make a well placed shot from the point...

Binnington and Hart have been studs the second half of the year and Rinne was very good tonight. They could have had more traffic and tips, but it wasn't that they didn't have that game plan. Rinne just played really well.

That isn't to say you don't have a point overall.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens were OK. Never really sustain anything but Pens were OK. But the Pens need to beat the Canes Sunday. Nothing is has to but that is pretty close to that. Letang and Malkin will need to play a couple games here to get back into the flow. Pens can win the next 4 and wrap up 2nd place in the Metro.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Binnington and Hart have been studs the second half of the year and Rinne was very good tonight. They could have had more traffic and tips, but it wasn't that they didn't have that game plan. Rinne just played really well.

That isn't to say you don't have a point overall.

I just think they overthink things and try to play too cute at home...not playing that smart simple road game which helped them get wins recently...gotta change the mindset for Sunday’s game..

Reactions: Shady Machine

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Jack johnson-Schultz is horrible. Id put Maatta with Schultz but i cant say its really Johnson who is at fault, Schultz has stunk of late.

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad