Pre-WWII ATD Draft - Sign-ups & Preliminary discussions

Professor What

Sep 16, 2020
Gallifrey
Did we ever discuss coach eligibility? Some guys would have been player coaches, which makes them obviously eligible, but some guys that fit the player eligibility had their coaching careers later.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Did we ever discuss coach eligibility? Some guys would have been player coaches, which makes them obviously eligible, but some guys that fit the player eligibility had their coaching careers later.

Check the eligibility thread, I had a post on this.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Just occurred to me I was born a block away from where the old Montreal (Westmount) Arena stood, which is a block from the old Montreal Forum as well. Kind of cool I get to be the Montreal Wanderers. And as an ex-pat Montrealer, I literally am a Montreal Wanderer. Though the Canadiens did win their first Cup in the Westmount Arena (which became a warehouse after it burned down, and is now a block of condos, of course). Ok, enough about moi.

Halifax Crescents.
Currently an hfboards thread about where indoor hockey was born- Halifax or Montreal. I'm a huge fan of the Halifax Civic Centre (I think it was? A cool old arena) and of Halifax in general. I have family out there as well.

Reactions: seventieslord

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Currently an hfboards thread about where indoor hockey was born- Halifax or Montreal. I'm a huge fan of the Halifax Civic Centre (I think it was? A cool old arena) and of Halifax in general. I have family out there as well.
My Crescents will be playing out of the Forum (which the smaller Civic Centre is a part of), a nearly 100-year-old rink that's always teetering on the edge of being torn down in favour of a new complex. We will see if it gets to the century mark. As it stands, it makes for a great host site for Christmas craft shows - snagged some tasty fudge at the big annual show last weekend. Hopefully the Crescents will put butts in seats for hockey.

Reactions: tinyzombies

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Here is the randomized draft order:
  1. rmartin65 - Montreal Victorias
  2. tinyzombies - Montreal Wanderers
  3. BenchBrawl - Seattle Metropolitans
  4. Habsfan18 - Portage Lakes Hockey Club
  5. Dr John Carlson - Halifax Crescents
  6. seventieslord - Regina Pats
  7. jigglysquishy - Regina Capitals
  8. Professor What - Ottawa Senators
  9. Claude The Fraud - TBA

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Here is the randomized draft order:
  1. rmartin65 - Montreal Victorias
  2. tinyzombies - Montreal Wanderers
  3. BenchBrawl - Seattle Metropolitans
  4. Habsfan18 - Portage Lakes Hockey Club
  5. Dr John Carlson - Halifax Crescents
  6. seventieslord - Regina Pats
  7. jigglysquishy - Regina Capitals
  8. Professor What - Ottawa Senators
  9. Claude The Fraud - TBA

Thanks a lot Theokritos for yet again doing this for us!

This shall be an interesting draft.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Draft thread is up!

Drafting can begin!

@rmartin65 is up

Reactions: jigglysquishy

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
To be clear: my idea was 18 forwards, a coach and ONLY 1 goalie.... a 20-round draft.

Early era diamonds only.

A 2nd goalie, the 15th to 18th best goalie pre 1940s will be unworthy of the others drafted, journeymen selected that would never touch the light of ATD day.

Ugh.

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
To be clear: my idea was 18 forwards, a coach and ONLY 1 goalie.... a 20-round draft.

Early era diamonds only.

A 2nd goalie, the 15th to 18th best goalie pre 1940s will be unworthy of the others drafted, journeymen selected that would never touch the light of ATD day.

Ugh.
ok

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Shit, this just occurred to me today! You know what we could have done, is have a "1945 ATD". Just pretend it is the summer of 1945 and we are historians drafting at that point in time. Anyone is available, but only their achievements up to that moment count. No worrying about a DOB cutoff!

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Shit, this just occurred to me today! You know what we could have done, is have a "1945 ATD". Just pretend it is the summer of 1945 and we are historians drafting at that point in time. Anyone is available, but only their achievements up to that moment count. No worrying about a DOB cutoff!
BTW... this was MY idea. Not sure how everyone else gets credit for it. I'm the Era Draft dude. You're welcome. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad