GDT: Pre Super Bowl Casual Skate (SJ @ CAR)

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
The great thing about Dundon is that he has no allegiance or sentimentality to anyone in this organization. He can make the moves that need to be made.
I’m just worried he doesn’t have the hockey knowledge to feel comfortable making those moves. We may be stuck with Francis and Peters not knowing a better option is available out there, or how to address the issue in the first place.

andy500

Jul 5, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
That's dedication. Someone should make Dundon aware of this regardless. Maybe he'll treat you to a suite or something for a game or two.

First time in 10 years of following I've seen the team live. It's an exciting vacation for me - no need for any special treatment! Plus, I already bought all my tickets! Haha.

A win against Philly and we're right back in there.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
The great thing about Dundon is that he has no allegiance or sentimentality to anyone in this organization. He can make the moves that need to be made.
I really hope this is true because it means Francis is not long for this world. We desperately need fresh blood in this organization and a clean start. No/extremely limited holdovers from the Rutherford era.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
It’s so infuriating knowing that if Skinner or Faulk just did their jobs instead of completely forgetting what the net looks like the Canes would be sitting in a playoff spot today, despite all their other warts.
Even with them playing like dunces every night, a few stolen games by our 16 million dollar goaltender and we're in a playoff spot right now.

Since this thread turned in a goalie debate, I'm going there.

But for whatever reasons, the team Francis currently constructed and Peters is actively coaching can't get it done. It's nice and easy to blame a few players but ultimately the blame comes down to the guys at the top.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
I really hope this is true because it means Francis is not long for this world. We desperately need fresh blood in this organization and a clean start. No/extremely limited holdovers from the Rutherford era.

I know you don't like RF, but I think he deserves a shot under TD. I believe PK was a major road block to change. That's obviously not the case anymore, but the big question mark is what can be done soon to salvage this season. That's ultimately what the new owner wants. He's not ok with rolling over. Nor should he be when his team he just paid hundreds of millions for, sits 2 points out. If it means a trade, or bringing up AHLers, so be it. Averaging 1-2 goals per game is obviously a way to very quickly sink the season.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
It’s so infuriating knowing that if Skinner or Faulk just did their jobs instead of completely forgetting what the net looks like the Canes would be sitting in a playoff spot today, despite all their other warts.

My frustration stems from not playing our best 20 guys because our GM is dead-set on having "organizational depth" instead of winning games at the NHL level. You simply can't convince me we're better with Kruger than Wallmark. I'm also aggravated that the coach can't get anything more out of Skinner, Lindholm and Faulk. Those guys each need to sit a game or something. It's infuriating, you got that right.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Why the **** are we arguing about how much Darling sucks in a game when everyone agrees that Ward played fine?

What a completely unnecessary derail just to get the last word on Darling’s umpteenth consecutive horrible game three days ago.

I didn't bring up Darling. Others did.

The sentiment going into the offseason last year was that our goaltending (Ward and Lack at the time) was the reason for our X consecutive missed playoffs and if we could get better goaltending, we'd be a lock.

At the time, I argued the same thing I'm arguing now. Given how little our team scores, changing goalies won't make a lick of a difference. Unless we're expecting a Vezina performance from Ward/Darling/Fleury/Bishop/whoever, goaltending was not and is not the biggest issue for this team.

I was dismissed as a "Ward defender", as if the thought that an offense that produced as little as it did last year (and unsurprisingly has this year) could have any affect on a team's playoff chances.

So when I see the same arguments being made again this year, with the idea that Darling is somehow the biggest issue on the team and not the fact that our offense has essentially been 1 guy for the entire season (TT in the first few months and Aho since then)...

Jun 21, 2016
Latvia
My frustration stems from not playing our best 20 guys because our GM is dead-set on having "organizational depth" instead of winning games at the NHL level. You simply can't convince me we're better with Kruger than Wallmark. I'm also aggravated that the coach can't get anything more out of Skinner, Lindholm and Faulk. Those guys each need to sit a game or something. It's infuriating, you got that right.
Pretty sure that Pastor Bill is the one deciding who is going to play and who is going to sit or be at minors.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I know you don't like RF, but I think he deserves a shot under TD. I believe PK was a major road block to change. That's obviously not the case anymore, but the big question mark is what can be done soon to salvage this season. That's ultimately what the new owner wants. He's not ok with rolling over. Nor should he be when his team he just paid hundreds of millions for, sits 2 points out. If it means a trade, or bringing up AHLers, so be it. Averaging 1-2 goals per game is obviously a way to very quickly sink the season.
I still go back to draft night after he stockpiled all of the draft picks with the sole intention of trading them, DOING NOTHING, and coming away saying the trades weren’t there. If that doesn’t paint a perfect picture of his mentality, nothing will. He set himself up perfectly to make a big change for this team and let it pass on like a fart in the wind because it wasn’t easy. Sometimes YOU have to make the move, even if it means not squeezing every little drop out of your assets

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
trade jeff skinner to the raptors for drake

Screw that. Hate that guy. Honestly have no clue how he’s so popular.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad