GDT: Pre-Season: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 7:00pm EST: TSN5, RDS (HD), TSN 690

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Rebuild time is tied to how long it takes to develop top Ds and a starter goalie.
Most young defensemen need 3-4 years before coming into their own in the NHL despite where they were drafted. I wonder how tough it would have been for Rasmus Dahlin to have been drafted by Montreal, he was considered to be a star leading up to his draft and despite putting up points there have been plenty of questions/criticisms about his NHL game.

Reactions: morhilane

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I don’t know that Melnyk’s daughters will necesssrily be running the franchise in the same shortsighted manner as their father. Plus, they’re looking to relocate downtown, so they maybe operating differently than they have, with new partners and new revenue streams.
I doubt they move. Not easy to always work with the NCC. I have a feeling the daughters are getting the franchise’s value up before putting it for sale.

Reactions: Runner77

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Pitlick/Evans/Armia work as a line and it will probably be the 4th line to start the season unless someone is waived/traded. But I think Drouin must be a the top of the trade or waive list right now...but he won't be him because he's the "petit gars de chez nous" on the lineup.
To make the point that effort counts, we could switch Drouin out for Anthony Richard and save $375,000 on the cap. Now you have a local guy who is there because at least he works his a55 off.

Reactions: Unclewhalebone

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Drouin and Hoffman playing a lot of minutes is the key to the tank.

Hoffman actively sucks in your face.
Drouin sucks in the margins, he stays off the highlight reel of bad because he's off in the corner doing nothing every shift.
C’mon. I know it has been a while since you have seen it, but Drouin loves the highlight reel “skate it in, out to the wall, button-hook, backhand pass on the stick of the opposition” play. Generally it is spectacular in how actively it sucks.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
To make the point that effort counts, we could switch Drouin out for Anthony Richard and save $375,000 on the cap. Now you have a local guy who is there because at least he works his a55 off.
I don’t think Drouin is getting switched out but I have enjoyed watching Richard play in preseason. He has wheels and a nose for the net.

Reactions: Redux91

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Drouin didn't play for 6 months+, give the kid some time geez...
Drouin played in the scrimmage games and he looked better a week ago than he did last night. He looked like someone who didn't want to be there against Ottawa. He's so scared of getting injured again that it shows in how he's playing. I doubt that's going away once the season start.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Drouin played in the scrimmage games and he looked better a week ago than he did last night. He looked like someone who didn't want to be there against Ottawa. He's so scared of getting injured again that it shows in how he's playing. I doubt that's going away once the season start.
Scrimmages against your own teammates and games against real opposition are two different things.

And I don't blame him for not going at 100% in meaningless games after coming back from an injury.

We'll see how he looks when games actually matter.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Scrimmages against your own teammates and games against real opposition are two different things.

And I don't blame him for not going at 100% in meaningless games after coming back from an injury.

We'll see how he looks when games actually matter.
MSL asked the vets to give their 100% and be example for the youngsters. He also said that as a vets you always want to do your best in pre-season to set the right mental/atmosphere for the season.

And it's not meaningless games since the Habs have 15 NHL forward signed and will only keep 13 of them. Drouin and Hoffman are actually fighting for a spot on the team right now...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
MSL asked the vets to give their 100% and be example for the youngsters. He also said that as a vets you always want to do your best in pre-season to set the right mental/atmosphere for the season.

And it's not meaningless games since the Habs have 15 NHL forward signed and will only keep 13 of them. Drouin and Hoffman are actually fighting for a spot on the team right now...
We still have 4 games to go till the camp is done, Drouin and company will probably play at least 2 of them. They still have time to up their pace/tempo.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We still have 4 games to go till the camp is done, Drouin and company will probably play at least 2 of them. They still have time to up their pace/tempo.
Their problems aren't pace/tempo. Did you even watch yesterday game?

Reactions: the

Expos94

May 13, 2022
Yeah I wasn't sure whether to put him in there or not. He could still be a decent player. Last year could have been a bad year. It's too early to judge him. The contract is not good though.
Love him but the league is just too fast for him now . Still 5 years to go gonna be hard to watch

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Given his explosive speed, perhaps we could nickname him Rocket?
That's one giant leap as there was only one Rocket.

Even Rocket's brother couldn't earn a flattering moniker and yet Henri won 11 Stanley Cups. He had to settle for The Pocket Rocket.

Anthony Richard, The Laval Rocket, is probably appropriate given where he's likely to end up.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
That's one giant leap as there was only one Rocket.

Even Rocket's brother couldn't earn a flattering moniker and yet Henri won 11 Stanley Cups. He had to settle for The Pocket Rocket.

Anthony Richard, The Laval Rocket, is probably appropriate given where he's likely to end up.
93 years from now, when Slafkovsky's reincarnated self returns to play in Laval, they will bring out for the season opening ceremony the great grand-daughter of Anthony Richard, the man who finally gave the team meaning for its name

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I’m not saying anything bad about Drou-Drou because I don’t want to be accused about making fun of him.
Just say the truth, he’s horrible, and his little fan boys say the same thing every season “this is his year!” . He’s garbage, hot garbage, any team would be worse with him on it.

Reactions: the and EXPOS123

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Watching the game between the Nashville Preds and SC Bern in Switzerland on their big ice surface.

Between whistles, they occasionally have 10 guys with shovels skating up and down the surface, scraping off snow, like when you play shinny on outside neighborhood rinks. :laugh:

SC Bern’s jersey is cluttered with ads and is distracting, with several bright rectangles plastered across their dark jerseys.

Both NHL and Euros are officiating.

Only the Preds’ and the refs’ jerseys make this semi-watchable. Nice to see several Nashville fans in the stands sporting Preds merch. Peter Forsberg got the broadcasters’ attention as he’s attending the game.

That humongous ice surface takes some time to get used to. So much space between the players, rarely does anyone get hard hit.

And … here come the shovelers again, lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad