GDT: pre-season LA Kings vs Vegas Golden Knights 7:00pm 9/28/18

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
JAD sticking around for 9 games and filling in on occassion until Vilardi is back is also a scenario that could play out. That process could drag out for 6-8 weeks, with JAD practicing with the team, being part of the culture, and getting into occasional games.

Was thinking that as well. Almost serendipitous depending on Vilardi's timing. As Vilardi could come back and do a similar thing when JAD goes down.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm ok with this reffing standard because i'm pretty ****ing sick of Vegas' hacking and stickwork. Like, you're fast enough to skate circles around most teams, lay the body you ****ing hacks. I feel like dudes like Haula and Marchessault get away with murder because they haven't been around the league long enough to get a bad rep, and they try hard enough that their 'penalties' aren't laziness.

Watched the game last night and can I just say having recently watched five games in a row of it, especially Marchassault, this is one hundred percent true. Went to game two of the Final and you can really see how prevalent it was when you can see the entire ice. They went to team you wanted to root for to a really dirty team real fast.

I wonder when the love-fest the league has for the GK ends and they get treated like the rest of us.

Last edited:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Looks like the refs got the memo from Bettman that they’re allowed to start calling penalties on VGK. And that stick of Reeves was high on that goal.

Reactions: Butch 19

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Both Clifford & Thompson need to be replaced by Etem (temporarily) and JAD

and whoever says JAD isn't ready, i'll bet you JAD will have a greater positive impact on the team than Thompson
Etem played 7 minutes and was invisible all game. No thanks.

Have JAD center Clifford and Lewis on the 4th.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Watched the game last night and can I just say having recently watched five games in a row of it, especially Marchassault, this is one hundred percent true. Went to game two of the Final and you can really see how prevalent it was when you can see the entire ice. They went to team you wanted to root for to a really dirty team real fast.

I wonder when the love-fest the league has for the GK ends and they get treated like the rest of us.

Oh we surely know it.

Watching Kopitar get buttended by Haula and busted in the dome by McNabb on non-hockey plays and having the league look straight at it with a straight face and say 'it's fine' while suspending Doughty was all we needed to know. They constantly get away with it because--to their credit--they're always moving and husting so surely there's no way they're committing penalties, and most of those guys aren't well-known enough yet to have the rep. Hopefully that's changing now.

Thank you for the jonathan M meme though, that's fantastic :laugh:

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Also this moment cracked me a up a little. Whiffs on the open net, has a bit of an 'aw man' moment where he lets up before getting absolutely cleaned out by McNabb :laugh:

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
That Vegas team is better than LA when compared objectively, but they’ll go only as far as Fluery takes them with their D. They might have missed their true chance at winning a cup by not closing the deal on EK65 last February.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That Vegas team is better than LA when compared objectively, but they’ll go only as far as Fluery takes them with their D. They might have missed their true chance at winning a cup by not closing the deal on EK65 last February.

I kind of agree. No problem admitting they're probably better than the Kings as a team if not in top end talent. But they blew it by not going for it.

While EK gives the Sharks the best D in the league, imagining him prowling around as the VGK #1 and slotting every other d-man into proper spots would have made them terrifying. Something like Karlsson-Schmidt, Theodore-Engelland(?), McNabb-Miller is a huge upgrade. Our b-team was tooling their d-men in their own zone last night.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
They celebrated the empty net goal like it was a playoff clincher. It was insane.

Shake Shack in the arena though. **** those *******s. Staples is in LA and the best they can do is McDonald's? Garbage.

By Adam Hill / Las Vegas Review-Journal
September 28, 2018 - 11:01 pm

Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves never has been shy about expressing his distaste for the Kings.
He took out his frustration through more than just his physical play, scoring the first goal of the Knights’ 2-0 preseason win over Los Angeles on Friday night at T-Mobile Arena.
“I get up for the game anytime we play them,” Reaves said of competing against a Kings squad that left most of its stars home. “It goes back years for me, and the hatred is never going to leave.”

like jesus christ guys its preseason..

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Golden Knights forward Ryan Reaves never has been shy about expressing his distaste for the Kings.
He took out his frustration through more than just his physical play, scoring the first goal of the Knights’ 2-0 preseason win over Los Angeles on Friday night at T-Mobile Arena.
“I get up for the game anytime we play them,” Reaves said of competing against a Kings squad that left most of its stars home. “It goes back years for me, and the hatred is never going to leave.

Neither are the crushing playoff defeats the Kings have dealt you, jabroni.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah

“I get up for the game anytime we play them,” Reaves said of competing against a Kings squad that left most of its stars home. “It goes back years for me, and the hatred is never going to leave.”

He's still sour that the Kings eliminated the Blues in 2012 and 2013.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Considering how poorly the Kings have performed against a few of the opponents from the golden years recently, especially at home, maybe they need a little illogical and unhinged motivation themselves.

William Briscoe

Apr 13, 2018
Looks like the refs got the memo from Bettman that they’re allowed to start calling penalties on VGK. And that stick of Reeves was high on that goal.

Yeah it was. No review. Then Reaves after the game talking about he gets up for Kings games and how he was on point tonight....lmao, against a B team. I hope we smash them this year.

William Briscoe

Apr 13, 2018

Midgetssault needs to be dealt with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad