GDT: Pre-Season LA Kings vs Anaheim Ducks @7:00pm 10/3/23

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
So far so good with this group, but not exactly playing the best teams in the league. Encouraging though

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
Atleast we didn't get 1st overall in 2020 and had picked the consensus #1 Alexis Lafreniere

Talk about a lost cause

Byfield at a whole year younger, load of injuries, and less time played still has us Kings fans hoping and coping

Hopefully all the coping pays off

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I've given him a longer leash than others and keep saying patience patience, but goodness kid is just a ghost and shows no sign of any improvement. *sigh*
You’d think he’d show some signs of life in games like this where the opposition is non existent. He of all people has the most to prove but has done nothing.

Reactions: ru4reals

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Atleast we didn't get 1st overall in 2020 and had picked the consensus #1 Alexis Lafreniere

Talk about a lost cause

Byfield at a whole year younger, load of injuries, and less time played still has us Kings fans hoping and coping

Hopefully all the coping pays off

Lafreniere has a higher career points per game than Byfield.

Reactions: ibleedkings and Sol

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Rough game for Byfield. And Kopitar, really. They started the game with a lot of energy and pace, and then they both started fading before the first ended.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
A few suppositions:

1. PLD and Fiala have very little chemistry
2. Byfield sucks
3. Kaliyev sucks

Turcotte - PLD - Kempe
Fiala - Danault - Arvidsson
Moore - Kopitar - Laferriere
Grundstrom - Lizotte - Lewis

Send Byfield and Kaliyev to Ontario for even more seasoning with our crack team of development professionals. You’ve got noted offensive dynamos like Jarret Stoll, Derek Armstrong, and Nate Thompson down there teaching these guys how to score at the NHL level.

Just try it Todd you’ll like it I swear.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I do think it’s weird byfield has only played 2 games this season considering all the excuses that has been drummed up for him. You’d think they’d want him to start the season firing on all cylinders.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
I do think it’s weird byfield has only played 2 games this season considering all the excuses that has been drummed up for him. You’d think they’d want him to start the season firing on all cylinders.

Coaches and management felt the travel and time change would really impact the players that went to Australia, as noted in the recent video:

Edit: Woah. They took down the 50 or so min full video and instead uploaded a mere 1 min trailer version (had just watched it earlier today around lunch).

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
You're not noticing much flash from QB, but you're not noticing mistakes either. He's playing a solid complimentary game. You want more from a 2OA pick of course, but it's not a lost cause.

I think that is a fair assessment. I still think a PLD is the ceiling and probably a really good 3rd liner is his floor. I think the Kings would happily meet in the middle and take a quality 2C.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
The shiny new toys are always better!

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad