Post-Game Talk: Pre-Season GM 8: Oilers 2 @ Canucks 3 - No witty pun until TPM shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsjezz

Nov 28, 2011
mccann was very down-beat in his post-game. he's the guy who deserves it most - it's just a logistical question. but in every role he's been put in, he makes it work. virtanen, on the other hand, remains impressive - some great passing in this game - but (maybe counter-intuitively) doesn't seem to work that well up and down the line. i'd like to have seen him with sutter, but i'd much sooner see him go down to juniors over mccann. just doubt that's the way it pans out.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
The only thing I'm worry is that they can't lose the puck. Twins don't have the speed to recover.

Not sure this has been said yet, but they did lose the puck, but they played well positionally and did a great job retrieving it. Both Edler and Miller were part of the whole thing.

Allow a stoppable shot, retrieve puck, profit!

That's the Sedin's whole game in a nutshell. Using all the players on the ice. Their most dominant seasons were always with players they could trust to think and play the game well.

Sedins with Burrows and either Edler and Tanev or Biega and Hutton. That's 5 on 5.

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
Well this is about where I am at for the moment:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata
Higgins* - Sutter - Burrows
Baerts - Horvat - Virtanen
Dorsett/Prust - McCann - Hansen
Dorsett/Prust, Cracknell
(and in honesty, Kenins > Dorsett/Prust, and would look good with McCann and Hansen to boot)

*While Higgins is here, we have room to make this roster work WITH Vey still here, but I think when Higgins is off LTIR, if the team is still healthy at that point, that is when you choose who to waive (or which of Virt/McCann to send back to junior). That's if everyone stays healthy.

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Hutton - Sbisa
Bart
(Scratches split pretty even across Hutton/Weber/Sbisa/Bart)

Miller
Markstrom (and I actually think Markstrom > Miller, but we know how that goes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad