Miller
Cannata

San Jose Sharks' Starting Lineup:

To Be Posted.

Last edited by a moderator:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I wonder if Kenins will skate with the Twins. If so, it's a bit of a silly line, but it's a numbers game.

The Centres are Henrik, Vey, McCann, Cassels and Freisen. Obviously not room for all 5.

The veteran wingers are Daniel, Burrows, Dorsett, Prust and Kenins.

Guys under the spotlight are Virtanen, Shinkaruk, McCann and Cassels

Wacey Hamilton and Dane Fox are just there to complete the roster / lines.

Vey with Dorsett and Prust are likely Willie's everyday 4th line, but they will likely be split up to balance the veterans out. I could see Willie moving Vey to the wing tonight to see Friesen at C.

Daniel Henrik Kenins
Virtanen McCann Burrows
Shinkaruk Cassels Dorsett
Prust Freisen Vey/Fox/Hamilton

Personally, my lineup would be:

Daniel Henrik Vey
Virtanen McCann Burrows
Shinkaruk Cassels Kenins
Prust Freisen Dorsett

Fox/Hamilton

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Will be at Rogers tonite, looking forward to seeing some of the prospects. Hoping Jones is in net for SJ for some of the game.

Assuming Sedin-Sedin-Burrows and Prust-Vey-Dorsett are two of our forward lines.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Hopefully Shinkaruk can continue to improve
Looked great in the past in preseason games
Hope he gets long looks, even if he's most likely going to Utica for the season

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Interesting that Grenier and Hutton are in action again this evening. Sign that the powers that be liked what they saw? Or that there's some kinks they want to work out quickly?

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I wanted to see fox as well

This.

Apparently, both were on practicing with the "Utica" group early this morning at Rogers Arena.

I hope that doesn't mean that the guys in that group won't see any pre-season games. Even if their chances of making the big squad are pretty well nil, it's good experience for all of them.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Kenins experiment...

I wonder if they are trying to recreate the Burrows effect...

If he somehow pulls off the Burrows role of being the puck retrieval winger for the twins, and effectively finds a way to finish some of the chances he'll get or manages to effectively keep possession alive thru offensive zone puck battles... it would do wonders for his job security and our depth.

Can't wait see what it looks like.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Hope Patrick McNally plays tonight...

Fresh off seeing a good aggressive skating Hutton game... it's kind of the what i've always pictured McNally to play like. It would be my first chance to really watch him play.
See if I see any glimpses of him being worth any of the bru ha ha.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I hope the bottom-6 gets a lot of looks tonight. Although I do expect that 2nd line to provide some moments of hilarity. Are the Sharks dressing any hired goons so Prust or Dorsett can serve a purpose tonight?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Just saw a tweet by Brad Ziemer that said Brisebois and Zhukenov have been returned to their junior teams.

So they don't even get a look in preseason. I recall this often happens with our team. Subban just got the one game last year even though he scored.

This coaching staff pretty much already has their team picked out. It's ridiculous.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Better to get Brisebois and Zhukenov going with their teams in the Q as their seasons have already started, no ?
Particularly when they pretty much are guaranteed to not crack the roster anyways

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
Just saw a tweet by Brad Ziemer that said Brisebois and Zhukenov have been returned to their junior teams.

So they don't even get a look in preseason. I recall this often happens with our team. Subban just got the one game last year even though he scored.

This coaching staff pretty much already has their team picked out. It's ridiculous.

Yeah I don't understand why they rode Edler/Tanev so hard last night and will likely do the same with Hammer/Weber tonight.

I think everyone knows management is full of crap. Some youngster is thanking his lucky stars that Higgins was injured.

arsmaster*

Better to get Brisebois and Zhukenov going with their teams in the Q as their seasons have already started, no ?
Particularly when they pretty much are guaranteed to not crack the roster anyways

Totally agree. Don't understand the complaining at all.

These two kids have less than a 0.001% chance of cracking the team.

We already got to the see them vs their peers in Penticton.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC

Yes, but the idea of preseason is that, technically, everyone has a chance. This stage of the hockey season was designed so that prospects of all shapes, sizes and draft positions, like Brisebois and Zhukenov, can get a chance to get in some NHL action and show the coaching staff and themselves where they're at. It's disappointing that they got sent down without so much as a game. It goes against what preseason and the idea of tryouts is for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad