GDT: Pre-Season Game #7 Grand Rapids Red Wings @ Toronto Maple Marlies 7:00 PM ET

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Red Wings:
Miller - Glendening - Ott
Bertuzzi - Lorito - Frrrrrk
Street - Aubry - Callahan
Svechnikov - Criscuolo - Tangradi

Lashoff - Sproul
Paetsch - Jensen
Hicketts - Russo

Howard
(Coreau)

Leafs:
Greening - Holland - Kapanen
Leivo - Laich - Leipsic
Rychel - Froese - Timashov
Clune - Smith - Lindberg

Dermott - Polak
Valiev - Corrado
Loov - Holl

Enroth
(Sparks)

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
This fast break system is going to be entertaining to watch.

But our last D should be careful when trying to head up the ice. if puck is turned over during breakout in our zone, goalie will be all alone by himself. After winning board battle in the corner and before trying to breakout straight up, our last D man back should skate towards crease before heading out just to be safe.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This fast break system is going to be entertaining to watch.

But our last D should be careful when trying to head up the ice. if puck is turned over during breakout in our zone, goalie will be all alone by himself. After winning board battle in the corner and before trying to breakout straight up, our last D man back should skate towards crease before heading out just to be safe.

This was the breakout system I expected them to use more last year. In GR the last D-man generally did come up the middle. Hopefully Blashill can get them running it consistently. It is going to have to be shorter a lot of nights, but both him and Cooper use this particular plan in terms of a breakout a lot more than other coaches.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just like his uncle Todd, Tyler has a habit of playing with one hand on his stick a little too often. Still like him a ton, just saying there are times he needs to put both hands on his stick and he is trying to pull the one handed stuff.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
This was the breakout system I expected them to use more last year. In GR the last D-man generally did come up the middle. Hopefully Blashill can get them running it consistently. It is going to have to be shorter a lot of nights, but both him and Cooper use this particular plan in terms of a breakout a lot more than other coaches.

I see. It is just my observation but this type of system tends to be kinda weak in covering own crease in general. And especially weak against opponents throwing puck at the net because there will be more Wings guys high up in zone and if the puck is kicked to the side by goalie, there wont be as many Wings covering and opponent F doing drive by will have easy scoring chances.

Of course, it's just my opinion. obviously somewhat skeptic whether it will be as effective till later in this season but will be interesting to watch for sure.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
my hunch is that Howard is going to have a tough year. I hope I'm wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad