GDT: Pre-season Game #6 vs. Ottawa Senators (7PM ET on RDS, TSN2, TSN5, TSN690 & 98.5 FM)

Scott1243

Oct 17, 2017
Young players usually play worse when tired until they get used to NHL pace play. It's a marathon not a track meet, but rookies try to go all out, all the time to impress.

He just looked tired to me.

Thought overall he was involved, wanted the puck & tried to be creative. He didn't really have chemistry with Suzuki/Caufield. He deferred to them too much.

He & Dach seemed to be developing some chemistry, and a top 9 position is better for him right now. Suzuki attracts a lot of attention and the best defensive players.
He looked exhausted and not to pile on the kid but man he looked like the 2nd incarnation of Kotki falling all over the place. He needs time in the AHL...

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
So… Caufield is a one trick pony now but when people call them out on how many goals and points he had on even strength last year, it’s silent :laugh:

Welcome to this season,

Last season has come and gone

How many PP goals vs regular strength does he have so far?

Reactions: Habs4Life

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If a decent goalie was waived I would grab him and send both Monty and Primeau to the minors.

As long as Primeau plays the lion share of games in Laval. I'd like another vet also so that if a goalie in Montreal gets hurt, Primeau doesn't have to be called up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1909 and Tyson

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I hope he felt good the day after because he wasn't playing tentative by the time the second period started.
One word: titanium. :sarcasm:

You can also add that he was playing “within his element” or rather with that element in him.

Thanks!

I'm travelling now and my Internet is bad, so may not get to watch the video any time soon?

How did he look?
Surprisingly mobile.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
So… Caufield is a one trick pony now but when people call them out on how many goals and points he had on even strength last year, it’s silent :laugh:

Trying to knock on the team’s best player and the only one who can score. Who woul’ve thought lol.
Just to put it into context both Suzuki and Caufield lit it up under Marty. The one downside was their -9 during that time. Eventually they will have to be net + players if we hope to do anything down the road. The inclusion of Dach and Monahan should help take some of the focus off Suzuki who IS our best player so I'm expecting an improvement on that front.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Just to put it into context both Suzuki and Caufield lit it up under Marty. The one downside was their -9 during that time. Eventually they will have to be net + players if we hope to do anything down the road. The inclusion of Dach and Monahan should help take some of the focus off Suzuki who IS our best player so I'm expecting an improvement on that front.

They played with guys like Anderson, Hoffman, Pitlick… no one can complete them that’s the thing. And i’m almost not one that is against trying them with other players too when there’s some down in production.

Last edited:

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021

Trying to knock on the team’s best player and the only one who can score. Who woul’ve thought lol.
That's why society is in the state that it's in today...

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
He looked exhausted and not to pile on the kid but man he looked like the 2nd incarnation of Kotki falling all over the place. He needs time in the AHL...
He had nothing in the tank, that much was clear.

From personal experience of stretches of playing hockey with no stamina whatsoever,, you just can't do anything and you look like a talentless moron. Conditionning is so important to be able to show what you've really got.

Reactions: themilosh

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Éphrem was Symphorien's dim witted cousin and his trademark was reciting these truly horrible jokes.

Sample:

Éphrem: J'ai installé 4 antennes sur mon auto.

Symphorien: Ah, oui! Pourquoi 4 antennes?

Éphrem: Parce que mon char a 4 pneus radio (radiaux).

:facepalm:
Well...not exactly. In your example, Ephrem is telling the joke correctly.
In the show, Symphorien was the one telling the jokes to Ephrem correctly.
Ephrem would try to tell the same joke to someone else but would miss the punch line every time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well...not exactly. In your example, Ephrem is telling the joke correctly.
In the show, Symphorien was the one telling the jokes to Ephrem correctly.
Ephrem would try to tell the same joke to someone else but would miss the punch line every time.
The particular joke I quoted came from Éphrem as he said it to Symphorien, as I viewed that particular segment. It only stuck with me on account of how incredibly lame that joke was.

I never said that the joke was said “incorrectly”. That’s your editorial take. Éphrem said the joke as I recounted it. It was a lame joke to begin with, which was the point.

However, I suspect nothing I say will convince you otherwise so we’ll agree to disagree.

I watched more of that show than I care to admit as there was nothing else on at the time. Later I got to meet Gilles Latulippe while I was on my bike at a red light and he was waiting to cross the street. He told me he lived close to Maisonneuve Park, where I spent a lot of time.

I also met Janine Sutto. She was starring in a play at Le Rideau Vert and she allowed audience members to interact with her after her performance. All I remember is how incredibly nice and generous she was with her time and I was grateful.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
The particular joke I quoted came from Éphrem as he said it to Symphorien, as I viewed that particular segment. It only stuck with me on account of how incredibly lame that joke was.

I never said that the joke was said “incorrectly”. That’s your editorial take. Éphrem said the joke as I recounted it. It was a lame joke to begin with, which was the point.

However, I suspect nothing I say will convince you otherwise so we’ll agree to disagree.

I watched more of that show than I care to admit as there was nothing else on at the time. Later I got to meet Gilles Latulippe while I was on my bike at a red light and he was waiting to cross the street. He told me he lived close to Maisonneuve Park, where I spent a lot of time.

I also met Janine Sutto. She was starring in a play at Le Rideau Vert and she allowed audience members to interact with her after her performance. All I remember is how incredibly nice and generous she was with her time and I was grateful.
Cool that you met both Latulippe and Suto.

Now that I rethink about it, Ephrem told some of his "own" jokes to Symphorien. The main concept though was Ephrem retelling a joke he learnt from Symphorien and completely missing the punch line.
2 examples

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad