GDT: Pre-season Game #6 vs. Ottawa Senators (7PM ET on RDS, TSN2, TSN5, TSN690 & 98.5 FM)

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
je sais un peu de francais. Mais les choses comme conjugaisons est mal pour moi.
I know no French but I do know enough of another Romance language that I can tell that the last 4 words there, and the first sentence, are in written English grammar form/style, translated word by word individually into French but not using Romance-style grammar. A bilingual person can probably easily tell what you are trying to say here though so it's all good. Not at all talking shit because you did exactly what I do when I don't know how to say or write a phrase in another language; translate word for word.

However, what was made abundantly clear to me when I visited Quebec city a few years ago is that no matter how hard I studied a phrase in French the locals responded to me politely in English because they could spot my terrible accent from a mile away. I'm a Great Lakes American, my nose, throat and mouth are incapable of producing a proper French accent lol, you have to learn it when you're young I guess. But I think showing the effort is a nice gesture to show respect to the official language of the province where Montreal resides, and I bet others would think so too.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Wait, we had PP goals last season?
72C3084D-89B7-4604-A70A-6273CAD1B77A.gif

Reactions: PaulD

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
watching highlights now

Suzuki play on Armia's goal was so sick 🔥

the guy barely celebrates he's ice cold. looks like captain material to me

Suzuki's technique on the pass for Caufield's goal was insane too, his mechanics disguised the pass so well

oof Guhle giveaway was so bad, he was stuck in molasses. i got a feeling he won't forget that one

Xhekaj goal was nice, good quick accurate release, nothin' fancy but he put it on target. this guy looks like the complete package on defense

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
St-Louis looked sad…

I have met extremists and they tend to go from very happy to very sad. Wanting to change the World one day and not wanting to leave their bed the next. And taking such an undertaking as coaching for the Habs in Montreal during a rebuilding period with little coaching experience was quite an extremist move. I hope it's not the case and it was fairly well calculated. Because I don't want to see another Rocket Richard in Quebec situation with Marty. We need a level-headed mature calm dude for a few years who's not too excited and not too down to mold these kids. I hope it's Marty.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
They were tied up away from the play. Kastelic tossed the gloves and started throwing before Xhekaj knew what was happening. Never landed anything serious, while Arber tried to get free but couldn’t, he (Xhekaj) did throw a big left that landed or at least sent his helmet flying before they went to the ice. After they got up, Xhekaj wasn’t impressed and called him a “f*cking loser” on the way to the box lol… Kastelic should have got an instigator but they just gave him an extra two for roughing instead.
Well, I hope that ends Ottawa's desire for payback. I mean they played a game in between, so already it's late for retaliation. It should be over now, they have to get over it.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I have met extremists and they tend to go from very happy to very sad. Wanting to change the World one day and not wanting to leave their bed the next. And taking such an undertaking as coaching for the Habs in Montreal during a rebuilding period with little coaching experience was quite an extremist move. I hope it's not the case and it was fairly well calculated. Because I don't want to see another Rocket Richard in Quebec situation with Marty. We need a level-headed mature calm dude for a few years who's not too excited and not too down to mold these kids. I hope it's Marty.
He great for the tank.

• Haha
Reactions: Kimota

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great start to the season and it has not even started yet.

* If you want tank, keep Eddy out as long as possible. Our D is thin with him and without him, way too many fringe NHL guys in that mix with youth learning on the job. Wideman and Schueneman are great tank assets in terms of exposing our goalies.

* If you don't want a tank and for us to have a better season this year, Eddy needs to play ASAP. Eddy, Matheson, Savard with Guhle and Barron is the best we got. Is the last guy Harris, Xhekaj, or Norlinder? Not sure. Wideman should be used in a depth role

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
We played against their NHL opening day roster. Half our lineup won’t play in the NHL. It’s a miracle it ended 5-4. The loss was baked in the process before the puck was dropped.
I thought our undermanned team was surprisingly competitive against a full and talented Senators team. As I noted earlier, its very insightful to canvas other teams' forums to gauge their fans' opinions. I find those opinions to be less ingrained and influenced with familiarity and personal bias. The reaction of the Senators fans (once they overcame their intense hatred of Xhekaj) was not one of jubilation. They worriedly asked why their full team had difficulty with a split squad Canadiens' team. It becomes quickly apparent that the game of finger pointing is not restricted to Montreal fans.

Last night's game provided a good example of the margin of error theory. Superior teams have a much larger margin of error when they play lesser teams. Superior teams have the talent and ability to overcome errors and bad plays that lesser teams cannot. For Montreal to have won last night, Evans has to score on that break-away and Guhle can't turn over the puck at our blueline and gift the Senators a 2 on 0 with the game on the line. We simply don’t have the talent and depth to overcome those and other errors.

But I'm encouraged with the overall effort the team showed last night and perhaps with our full roster playing and the growing experience of our younger players, the margin of error that we play under will become larger. And if not: that's why God created Fantilli.

Last edited:

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
So… Caufield is a one trick pony now but when people call them out on how many goals and points he had on even strength last year, it’s silent :laugh:

Trying to knock on the team’s best player and the only one who can score. Who woul’ve thought lol.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad