GDT: Pre-Season Game #5 Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks 8:30 PM ET

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Isn't this Howard's first start this pre-season? And also against by far the best competition we've faced?

Let the guy loosen up people... not saying he won't most likely be bad, but come on.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Isn't this Howard's first start this pre-season? And also against by far the best competition we've faced?

Let the guy loosen up people... not saying he won't most likely be bad, but come on.

Played the whole Boston game on the 30th and half the Penguins game.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Bury them both in the minors. Seriously, send a message saying I dont care how much you earn. If dont play like you belong in the NHL, then go and play in the AHL. The only negative I see for Coreau is sitting most of the year instead of playing day in day out if we swap the two.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
I'm pulling hard for Sproul so I may be biased but I don't think you can blame him too much on the first goal.

Howard and Ericsson on the other hand...:shakehead

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Mantha looks so out of place out there. Athanasiou making plays left and right and they all die when mantha gets within 3ft of the puck

man, ive been a huge fan of mantha since his days in valdor, I want him to do well but I'm not seeing it

I feel like hes uncomfortable out there, like hes scared of the puck

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Mantha looks so out of place out there. Athanasiou making plays left and right and they all die when mantha gets within 3ft of the puck

man, ive been a huge fan of mantha since his days in valdor, I want him to do well but I'm not seeing it

The recent chance was pretty much the opposite. Mantha did a great job forechecking the puck free. Got the puck over sharply to AA and got spaced out correctly then AA put it in his feet way too hard with a bad pass.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Larkin deserves to be mentioned among the worst players of the night. Just not looking good. Pulkkinen also completely invisible.

Sproul I think makes some minor mistakes, but I still think he seems to bring more out there on the ice than XO does.

I think Mantha's playing solid but he's not really as sharp as he should be in the offensive zone.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Howard buyout at next summer:

Jimmy Howard is 33 years old at the date of the buyout
Salary remaining: $9,250,000
The buyout ratio is 2/3, which results in a total buyout cost of $6,166,667
There are 2 years remaining on this contract
The buyout will be spread out over 4 years
The annual buyout cost is $1,541,667
The buyout cap hit is displayed in the far right column

2017-18 buyout caphit: $1,833,334 (go with Coreau for 612k + Mrazek 4.0M) = total 6.45M for goalies
2018-19 buyout caphit: $2,583,334
2019-20 buyout caphit: $1,541,667
2020-21 buyout caphit: $1,541,667

Will be ugly, but still saving a lot of cap space and Jimmy takes the "torch" from Weiss.

I don't think no one would take him even with 50% retention for a 7th rounder.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad