GDT: Pre-Season Game #5 Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago Blackhawks 8:30 PM ET

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
No sustained offensive pressure, trouble getting the puck up the ice from the backend, and shoddy goaltending. Not a fun game to watch at all. Pretty boring, actually.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Lashoff. :facepalm:

That's why he is an AHLr.

Would be nice time to tank though.

Just put Jimmy THE TANK COMMANDER in net. 82 losses. 0 points.

Then don't win a lottery and get 4th overall in a bad draft. :facepalm:

Sad game to watch. Guys gave up too early when they saw Howard can't stop anything smaller than football. Only Tyler Bertuzzi showed some proud and hated to lose even when it was 5-1. Had heart and did some things.

Last edited:

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009

Hard to play goaltending when the opposing team can do whatever they want. Not excusing his play because it wasn't great, but I don't think there was a positive for Detroit at all tonight.

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
In our defense they played with Crawford, Kane, Panarin, Anisimov, Keith, Seabrook.

We played with....Larkin and AA...that's about it.

But my god that was ugly. Ericsson sucks, he really needs to go. Get rid of him. Bertuzzi was the only one who had a good game. The rest did nothing but turn the puck over, and couldn't notice anyone else on the ice all night.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills

Sad game to watch. Guys gave up too early when they saw Howard can't stop anything smaller than football. Only Tyler Bertuzzi showed some proud and hated to lose even when it was 5-1. Had heart and did some things.

Lmao, the tank commander. I have nothing to add but that was hilarious.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
No matter how bad our team was, 0.813 SV% is unacceptable from a NHL Goalie.

I had an awful stream so can't comment much but yeah, Howard gave up. He looked frustrated and I could see why, the team in front of him was that bad. Sad night at least a lot of guys never quit skating.

We'll be better when Tatar, Nielsen, and Vanek, are returned. Game tomorrow and this weekend vs. Toronto will be telling.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia

Is the 2017 draft actually bad?

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Is the 2017 draft actually bad?

I don't really know.

What I've learned, Nolan Patrick is he is like Jeff Carter, good/great player of course, but not star potential.

Swedish Timothy Liljegren is a maniac goal-scoring defenseman, but small-sized (6'0 Righty), and his defensive game is question mark. Guy could be kind of "Gostisbehere" with a better/more accurate shot. He snipes those wristers almost like Laine from D position.

Don't know what the talent level is after these two current top names.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
In our defense they played with Crawford, Kane, Panarin, Anisimov, Keith, Seabrook.

We played with....Larkin and AA...that's about it.

But my god that was ugly. Ericsson sucks, he really needs to go. Get rid of him. Bertuzzi was the only one who had a good game. The rest did nothing but turn the puck over, and couldn't notice anyone else on the ice all night.

Figures we'd lose like 6-1 and Ericsson was in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad