GDT: Pre Season Game 4: Red Wings at hawks 10/1/22 8:30 pm et (NHLN)

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Veleno needs a crash course on faceoffs if he wants to stick at center. 38% isn't going to cut it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Three takeaways from tonight:

1) Great to see Raymond rewarded for all that solid work both on and off the puck. Shades of Zetterberg for a moment or two there, with all that determination.

2) Never a bad time to post a shutout, and never a bad time to do it to Chicago.

3) I'm glad I don't use talcum powder and didn't drink the water at Camp LeJeune.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I've seen some say Vrana and Raymond are too similar and it might be better to separate them, but they seem to have some natural chemistry and are both elite scorers. Has seemed like Perron and Larkin are a tick off with everything leading to miscommunications. I know it's still early but maybe Perron-Copp-Bertuzzi is the way to go.
Against good teams especially bigger physical ones I would rather have Bert there witg Raymond and Larkin. I think we need some physicality on the top line to create room. Yes Raymond and Vrana have some chemistry but we played against which should finish in the bottom 3 this year.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Just got home and watched the highlights and wow. I think this season is going to be fun to watch.

The above statement is not intended to be taken as an expectation of hoisting the Stanley Cup in 2023. The above statement is intended for entertainment purposes only. Readers reading unrealistic and/or unstated meaning into the above statement are encouraged to call our help line for clarification. Do not taunt the above statement. The above statement loves the Yangs and hates the Khoms. The above statement did her on her birthday, and Scottie doesn't know. The above statement wishes you and yours a happy and safe holiday season.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Suprise Suprise that all the debbie downers of the forum aren’t posting since the wings put up a pretty good game. You know who you are

Chicago played a shit lineup and Detroit couldn't find the back of the net until the third period.
I didn't see a lot of greatness tonight.
Cossa looked OKay. Jittery. Couple bad rebounds. But really wasn't tested.
Raymond had a great third period and some moments earlier in the game.
Veleno skated like Larkin but can't seem to execute at all with the puck.
Hanas created some nice chances.
Berggren had a couple good plays - but can't seem to get his way to the slot and spends his games around the perimeter, wheeling around the boards.
Johansson looked pretty weak and timid with the puck.
Viro looked pretty good.
Smith had some powerful shifts early.
Larkin looked totally out of it. So did Perron.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Veleno needs a crash course on faceoffs if he wants to stick at center. 38% isn't going to cut it.
He was out there for 10 faceoffs against Toews. Guessing a lot of losses game right there.
He won 48 percent of his draws as a rookie. That's pretty good for a rookie.
I want to see him carry the puck and make passes while he's cruising around the ice, or skate fast to open areas so he can get clean shots away.

brett89

Jun 29, 2016
is perron playing? guy has been invisable.
good looks with vrana with raymond and larkin
seider playing physical
hanas has been impressive

veleno and fabbri might be out of jobs

Reactions: Ulysses31

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
Raymond reminded me of Datsyuk last night.

Yeah I loved Datsyuk's goals and Datsyukian dekes, of course, but the things that made my eyes bug out was just that it wasn't safe to let him near you if you had the puck because often he could just... take it from you. Didn't always turn into a scoring chance, but if Raymond can bring a little of that back to the ice, yikes.

Reactions: lilidk

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Yeah I loved Datsyuk's goals and Datsyukian dekes, of course, but the things that made my eyes bug out was just that it wasn't safe to let him near you if you had the puck because often he could just... take it from you. Didn't always turn into a scoring chance, but if Raymond can bring a little of that back to the ice, yikes.
In his draft year that was one of the thing that really caught my attention. Not only was he your typical smaller ultra skilled winger but his 2 way game and his forechecking ability was at a level you rarely see in these skilled young players. Now, at the NHL level, it seems like he'll be able to use that trait of his to his advantage once again. The remaining thing for him is confidence in his abilities and showing more consistency from period to period. He often start the games slow.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
That 3rd period by Raymond was great. He's got all-star potential for sure. No doubt in my mind he'll be a point per game player at some point during his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad