GDT: Pre-Season Game 4 - Coyotes @ Sharks - 7:30PM

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Deangelo is out for tomorrow too, crap. I just go tickets for the Saturday game, and was hoping to see him.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Garland getting some PP time with Strome. Sharks radio folks speaking highly of Garland's play tonight. Really this unit isn't a whole lot different from the rookie camp game vs the Kings. Not much veteran presence out there except a handful of guys.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Gallant such a badass fighting a teenager (picking a fight). What a sack of ****.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Was it really three months ago that we were watching the Stanley Cup final? Feel like it was just on. Man, time flies as you get old. That, and I was drunk a lot this summer.
33 QMJHL games, 0 points, 133 PIM

legit
Dude couldn't even score in the SPHL, against illustrious competition like the Pensacola Ice Flyers, Louisiana IceGators, Knoxville Ice Bears and Fayetteville FireAntz. Yes, there's a team called the FireAntz. With a Z and without a space.
Am I the only one who had to look up who "Martyman17" is?

Nice to see Bunting's name on the scoresheet; he already has a year of pro hockey unlike Dvorak, Perlini and MacInnis, so maybe he takes a step up this year.

How was Domingue?

Re: does Garland have a chance ... like the guy as a prospect but I've gotta think the time and space will dry up in a couple weeks, when SJS scratches Patrick McNally and dresses Brent Burns and scratches Tim Heed and dresses Marc-Edouard Vlasic. Even if he's spectacular, he belongs in the AHL for a few months at a minimum.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Garland has some eye-popping puck skills but he'll need at least a year or two in the AHL before he gets a whiff of NHL action. He's got some bad habits in the offensive end, and he's still kind of a wreck defensively before you even consider his size. I see no reason he can't have a similar AHL rookie campaign to Andy Miele's (16-38-54 in 69 games) but he should be well above a point per game at that level before he gets a call-up.

Bunting is sort of the opposite. His motor and peskiness make me think he'd be ready to play a fourth line role already. I'd still like him to spend another full year in the AHL, though. If he can develop a little bit more offense, he could be what we've wanted Downie, Torres and Carcillo to be: a chippy bottom six wing who can change the tone of a game and contribute a few points here and there. And he'll probably have a couple years before he develops the sort of reputation those guys all had.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm waiting for that 19 year old phenom who takes one of our training camps by storm and never looks back, a la Johnny Hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad