Pre-Season Game #4/ Chicago Blackhawks @ Detroit Red Wings 6:00 PM ET

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Can't we just make the AA Larkin Mantha line our 2nd line? Trade Vanek get a decent dman and we should be set. No?

They would get destroyed. They cant even generate any type of sustained pressure against an AHL lineup.

I want them to all make the team, but I don't want this to be a line. None of them have any chemistry with each other.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
They would get destroyed. They cant even generate any type of sustained pressure against an AHL lineup.

I want them to all make the team, but I don't want this to be a line. None of them have any chemistry with each other.
Ok the 3rd line. Lol

Yzerman1919*

Feb 10, 2013
Ok the 3rd line. Lol

SO much speed with AA and Larkin. It'd be cool to see them as a third line.

BUT, Mantha needs line mates who are smarter to pass him the puck and to take smart shots. I don't think AA is that guy and I don't think Larkin is. I'd much rather have Mantha with smarter guys who can dish like Nielson.

Could be a good experiment both ways though.

Mijatovic

Jan 23, 2014
Western Australia
Yeah I liked Frks game. I liked Aubrys game as well. I was pretty happy with Smith. For a game we win 6-3, I didnt see a huge amount to get excited about.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
Was Sproul any good?

IT suggests he ran the PP and got an assist. They gave him an assist on the Larkin goal but that looked more like Russo?

It's a shame AA will likely start in GR, he's an absolute weapon and he's demonstrating the ability to slow down the play at times and bring in others.

Don't mind Ott at all on the 4th line TBH. Guy can skate and pass reasonably well. Get Miller out of there and put AA in at least.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Was Sproul any good?

IT suggests he ran the PP and got an assist. They gave him an assist on the Larkin goal but that looked more like Russo?

It's a shame AA will likely start in GR, he's an absolute weapon and he's demonstrating the ability to slow down the play at times and bring in others.

Don't mind Ott at all on the 4th line TBH. Guy can skate and pass reasonably well. Get Miller out of there and put AA in at least.

The score paints a better picture than the game actually was. Chicago was awful. The team they iced was slow and unskilled. With the exception of two breakaways they weren't a threat at all. Mrazek saw about 4 shots a period. Really, this game isn't a good way to judge any players' performance.

Leronziia

kenorH
Jan 10, 2016
Melbourne, Australia
The score paints a better picture than the game actually was. Chicago was awful. The team they iced was slow and unskilled. With the exception of two breakaways they weren't a threat at all. Mrazek saw about 4 shots a period. Really, this game isn't a good way to judge any players' performance.

Just had a look at CHI roster...

Did they ice any NHL player?

Oct 18, 2006
I really like Frk. What a shot. I feel like he'll eventually get waived, claimed, and go on to forge a decent career elsewhere. Wish he got a shot up here.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I really like Frk. What a shot. I feel like he'll eventually get waived, claimed, and go on to forge a decent career elsewhere. Wish he got a shot up here.

A lot of players pass around this time due to their rosters being set, more so healthy roster than mid season and having their own players they have to pass. I think Frk could get claimed at this point though, I'd call it 60/40 of him passing.

I'm looking at injuries in preseason for a potential team. I think Calgary makes sense regardless though. Lack of a RH shot, and not exactly great on the wings.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI

Who knows. Frk is great. In a Griffins games I watched Frk had 2 goals in the 1st period. I laughed someone commented he was big, he is Tatar small but he also reminds me a lot of Tatar, in good ways. I think he's a keeper. Some of the other guys Cambell, G. Smith, Turgeon are either underdeveloped or not there yet. Nosek was a little out of sync but good game from him and a lot of others. I'm excited because some find a way to the big-league, others don't, we get to watch the process.

Another great win by the Wings. I always hear how insignificant and unimportant pre-season is but for me it's the exact opposite.

I finally understand why the Wings don't have to rush to bring up draftees, despite what the fans want. Devellano and Co. wait until the last minute of waiver eligibility to decide on players, why not? AA and Mantha are 100% ready to be thrown to the wolves, and this season they will be. Be patient, the Wings aren't that stupid. VERY FEW last season proclaimed in training camp Larkin would make the team- it shows management isn't that inflexible when it comes down to having to win.

As was said, a couple of our "regulars"... don't get me started. I'll rant all night but this is a forum not a blog-spot!

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
If Larkin is up, AA should be up as well. He's clearly an NHL player. He could be helping us win.

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I don't like Oulette. Never did. He's not an NHL player. Way too slow. It seems like he's fighting the game out there, like it doesn't come natural to him.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Looking forward to seeing some of these guys against tougher competition. Frk probably needs to have some good showings against lineups much closer to an actual NHL team in order to have any chance of making the roster.

Oct 18, 2006
I don't like Oulette. Never did. He's not an NHL player. Way too slow. It seems like he's fighting the game out there, like it doesn't come natural to him.
I agree, which is a shame, because the hype train was real to start.

Cal Vandelay

Apr 1, 2008
How nice would it be to watch Glenny & Ott drive other teams completely insane while contributing on the score sheet like they've been doing thus far in pre-season.

I also get it that they aren't playing against the top dogs just yet, but they've looked solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad