GDT: Pre-Season Game #3 - 9.26.14 - at Tampa Bay - 6:30 PM

ginblossoms

Apr 1, 2002
Visit site
i thought that last insight on that dude spearing fiddler on the back of the knee (and fiddler not diving) was interesting. also like the "ugghh"s and "oh no"s under his breath when a tb guy makes a bad play are kinda funny. espo (and mishkin the pbp guy too actually) were pretty objective about their comments too... made some complimentary statements about stars players.

NukeJukes43

Well we lost this one but it's not too big of a surprise. On the plus side, we learned a lot tonight about some of our young guys and line combinations. I really liked Spezza and Nichushkin together, something there to build off of no doubt. Klingberg needs AHL time and that's all there is too it. Our center depth is greater than we even care to acknowledge sometimes. Seguin/Spezza/Eakin*/Fiddler/Horcoff and if injury strikes we have Faksa to call up and if the plague hits, Dickinson woudn't look as out of place as most would suggest.

Only thing that worries me is this goalie situation. I can only hope Campbell or Lindback do some standing on their head this season because I'm not so sure Kari can do it anymore.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Dickinson and Ritchie both helped themselves out tonight. It was all about the forward prospects for a change tonight. Dickinson is gonna be really, really good. And just to think that most people think Shore might be the better of the two should give us a lot to look forward to.

Wow did Honka and Klingberg have a rough one tonight....wow.

NukeJukes43

Dickinson and Ritchie both helped themselves out tonight. It was all about the forward prospects for a change tonight. Dickinson is gonna be really, really good. And just to think that most people think Shore might be the better of the two should give us a lot to look forward to.

Wow did Honka and Klingberg have a rough one tonight....wow.

You think Ritchie had a good game, eh? Idk I didn't see much from him other than the nice pass to Spezza. He is coming off injury though so I'm hoping to see more from him moving forward. I think Randford fed himself tonight. Kid's a machine and I think he's a better version of Garbutt. Pair him or Mckenzie up with Roussel and hopefully Eakin. Boom. Beautiful 3rd line.

NukeJukes43

Has Faksa played in any games yet?

He wasn't in the Blue's game. I didn't get a chance to catch the Panther's game so have no idea really. I'd love to see him and Dickinson play in a pre-season game just to have some visual comparisons. Not that one game tells a whole story.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Has Faksa played in any games yet?

Florida, and he looked as good as advertised. He's ready to take a regular shift on the 3rd/4th line and PK duty. Be great if he could try and re-find his offensive game in the AHL though.

If Roussel and Garbutt can turn junior/NCAA grinder careers into 15 goal scorers, I've got to think Faksa might have it in him as well. You get a consistent 15-20 goals and 25-40 points out of the 3rd or 4th line in the future and you've got yourself a potentially top end, shut down center that can handle the big boys in the West.

Dowling was mostly invisible, but it was also his first ever NHL experience. I still think he has the potential to at least be as good as Morin at the AHL level. Would love to see what he can maybe next camp after he has another year under his belt.

Morin's played well, and I thought Peters was also invisible.

I did notice they have played Horcoff at center yet in the pre-season.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
You think Ritchie had a good game, eh? Idk I didn't see much from him other than the nice pass to Spezza. He is coming off injury though so I'm hoping to see more from him moving forward. I think Randford fed himself tonight. Kid's a machine and I think he's a better version of Garbutt. Pair him or Mckenzie up with Roussel and hopefully Eakin. Boom. Beautiful 3rd line.

Agreed. I think McKenzie is ready for the NHL. McKenzie and Roussel would cause chaos for other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad