Dominik Simon - Jake Guentzel . Tom Kühnhackl
Tom Sestito - JeanSebastien Dea - Josh Archibald

Derrick Pouliot - Justin Schultz
Ian Cole - Steve Oleksy
Ryan Segalla - Stuart Percy
Reid McNeill

Marc-Andre Fleury / Casey DeSmith

Reid MacNeill - Steve Oleksy

Five guys were regulars at SC finals (Sheary, Kuhnhackl, Pouliot, Schultz, Cole)

Red Wings will also dress 5 NHL regulars (Sheahan, Helm, Nyquist, Ericsson, Green)

Sheahan - Helm - Nyquist
Tangradi - Lorito - Callahan
Svechnikov - Street - Borkowski
G. Smith - Aubry - Campbell

Ericsson - Green
Paetsch - Jensen
Raneuf - Hicketts

Jimmy and Coreau will split on goal.

Basicly Grand Rapids Griffins vs. Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, AHL-game "on steroids".

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Just picked up 2 tickets for 3$ a piece! I'm excited to watch Svech, Smith, Jensen, Hicketts, Callahan, etc. for the 1st time in person. Looking forward to the Sheahan, Helm, Nyquist line together seems to be the 3rd line for now. Green and Ericsson we'll see how that pans out...

I know absolutely nothing about Borkowski, Street, and Lorito but should learn something tonight.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Really not a fan of how this Green-Ericsson pairing seems to be a shaking out.

I'd like
Top 4 of: Kronwall, Dekeyser, Green, Marchenko
Bottom Pairing of: Ericsson/Smith/Oullette/whoever makes it

See if our best guys can make it work and then never let the 3rd pairing on the ice during 5 on 5 unless you don't have a choice. Don't saddle Green with a guy with no puck skills

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
So what is this logical and valid fear of Cleary being a warm body participating in the preseason? That he will somehow make his way onto the Wings roster opening night?

No, I'm not concerned about him making the opening night roster.

The logical and valid fear is that I'm tired of him being a topic, a foot note, a needless contract, and a warm body replacing literally anyone else on the roster, anywhere.

Him making a preseason game with players banged up or still away at the world cup is a time he *could* find a place in a Wings jersey - a jersey which he should never take the ice wearing again.

Just tired of it.

Datstromberg

Nov 12, 2007
am I the only one who thinks it's weird that chris chelios is skipping training camp and preseason to yuck it up with brett hull at espn? i can't imagine babcock or bowman letting that fly.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
so strange that the stream on the red wings website between pittsburgh and detroit is only viewable in islanders market????

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
am I the only one who thinks it's weird that chris chelios is skipping training camp and preseason to yuck it up with brett hull at espn? i can't imagine babcock or bowman letting that fly.

Chelios plays a minor role in the coaching staff. He's not even behind the bench.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Really not a fan of how this Green-Ericsson pairing seems to be a shaking out.

I'd like
Top 4 of: Kronwall, Dekeyser, Green, Marchenko
Bottom Pairing of: Ericsson/Smith/Oullette/whoever makes it

See if our best guys can make it work and then never let the 3rd pairing on the ice during 5 on 5 unless you don't have a choice. Don't saddle Green with a guy with no puck skills

They have been pairing Smith with DeKeyser in practice.

You could say that is Marchenko's spot when he gets back though I guess. I actually would like to see Smith and DeKeyser together for a little bit.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
so strange that the stream on the red wings website between pittsburgh and detroit is only viewable in islanders market????

Can anyone explain that to me?

The **** do the Islanders have to do with this game?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
i think there being any video stream link on the wings site was a mistake. I don't think there was any video stream of this game planned

That is a good assumption. NHLTV has the game greyed out, which doesn't happen even if I'm blacked out of a game.

NervousPerson

Apr 11, 2010
Detroit Red Wings ‏@DetroitRedWings 1m1 minute ago

Detroit Red Wings

We're experiencing some technical issues with the stream. Follow tonight's action on @WWJ950.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad