GDT: Pre-Season Fake Frozen Fury LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @6:00pm 10/5/23

head eyes

Oct 8, 2015
I actually don't think Byfield played poorly. He was much better this game than the last couple.

Not getting a point =/= bad game.

No denying Laferriere outplayed him though. Clarke was also off quite a bit.
We're way past the point now where "umm ackshully he played pretty good... he just didn't score, get an assist, or do much of anything other than win a couple board battles" isn't gonna cut it.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
We're way past the point now where "umm ackshully he played pretty good... he just didn't score, get an assist, or do much of anything other than win a couple board battles" isn't gonna cut it.
That sounds like a "we" problem then.

JTeller97

Dec 25, 2020
Got a nice glimpse of what PLD can do for this team, he played like a legit 1C tonight and was a complete pain in the ass for the opposition. Hated having to trade Vilardi but if performances like this one are the norm for PL it was a must do deal. As sh***y as the Blake regime has been with drafting and development, you have to give props to the pro side, Danault, Arvidsson, Fiala, Gavrikov, and now hopefully Dubois have all been really good additions to a team that's trying to "compete".

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Gonna watch the game now. Kempe and Kopitar with goals and Byfield with no points. Oh boy is this gonna be a CLASSIC byfield game

Last edited:

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Thanks to all the posters who replied.

That is so disappointing. I just can't believe both Byfield and LAF have disappointed to this extent - I could see one but both?
I think with Laf it’s more surprising because he showed some high end talent. I think with Byfield it isn’t because he didn’t look very impressive even when he was drafted.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Moore is a 40+ point two way player. I feel like people don't understand what 4 million buys you these days. Lotta guys in this league getting paid a lot more to do a lot less.
Toffoli Tyler: G:34, P:73
Lehkonen Arturi G:21, P:51 /all that in 64 games
Verhaege Carter: G:42, P:73

Those guys come instantly in my mind and i am sure there are more examples, it's not that the 4 mill range is a black hole for garbage players.
In general it's the winning teams that have great players in that range like Colorado or Carolina.

Now we look at Moore: G:10, P:29, he also cracked the 40 points only once and usually creeps around the 20+ points which is an utter waste of 4 mill exactly like his buddy Iafallo was.
I assume Moore will take the same route as well.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Watching the first period it’s pretty impressive how Laferriere had 1 shift already that’s better than any shift Byfield has had lol

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012

Those guys come instantly in my mind and i am sure there are more examples, it's not that the 4 mill range is a black hole for garbage players.
In general it's the winning teams that have great players in that range like Colorado or Carolina.

Now we look at Moore: G:10, P:29, he also cracked the 40 points only once and usually creeps around the 20+ points which is an utter waste of 4 mill exactly like his buddy Iafallo was.
Pretty disingenuous he only played 59 games last year and if I remember correctly was dealing with a concussion.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego

I see what you’re saying, but those are all players who broke into top six roles after being acquired by contenders. Toffoli signed that deal during the height of the pandemic coming off a down year. Lekhonen was exactly what Moore is until he played with MacKinnon, Rantanen, etc. Verhaeghe was a wild card and shrewd scouting and a deployment with Barkov, Tkachuk, Bennett, Reinhart, etc helped him blossom. Moore hasn’t been playing with guys like Kopitar, Dubois, Kempe, and Fiala. His production and utility is actually worth $3-4M, whereas the three players you cherry-picked could all be $6-7M+ players on their next deals. Look at what Nichushkin got.

I’d also point to Moore’s linemates to say we do have great depth players signed to bargain deals for their production and impact in Arvidsson and Danault. Sure, Moore at $3-3.5M would be better, but Danault and Arvidsson could both be making $6M for what they bring.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Lizotte is horrible in the playoffs.

Moore is overpaid, hopefully he is healthy.

I am fine with Trevor Lewis as a person, but he is taking a spot away from someone like Fagemo (now gone) or Akil Thomas on that 4th RW.
With Fagemo gone I hope Idiot Bore Blake has learned his lesson of not bringing Europeans over at 20 cause they aren't ready and if they aren't ready for the NHL why bother and the shit about Adjustment to Life(Culture) and Ice surface is weak really

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Gonna watch the game now. Kempe and Kopitar with goals and Byfield with no points. Oh boy is this gonna be a CLASSIC byfield game
Byfield played fine. Hes doing enough to please the coaches and stay in an NHL role. The problem is he wont take charge and live up to his draft hype.

Reactions: David Lunch

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Byfield has to think the game better and make up his mind what kind of player is he...A goal scorer a shooter,passer,cornermen...he has the size use or lose it. BYfield's lack of confidence comes from turning players Pro at 18 when they aren't the Next Coming of the "Saviour" or is that Connor McSavoiur! Having him play in the AHL with a tonne of other good Prospects was the Brain child the Idiot-bore Blake who was hired before a real Hockey Genius in Mike Futa! Who at the very least would have had our Europeans developing in Europe rather than competing with our North American Junior and College "Graduates" in Manchester or Ontario or where ever they are! Plain Stupidity and the Waiver wire players,(Fagemo...),teams in the NHL thank-you for such short sightedness! I could figure that out and I'am a ArmChair-GM but at least I think the game better than numbnuts...he'll make it "All"better by trading all our Draft Picks,all our Prospects just for a chance for a Stanley Cup...They aren't the best team in the West even...perhaps the 3rd-4th...Edmonton,Dallas.Colorado come up quickly...but he'll trade the "Farm" for Hellebuyck

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hopefully Byfield learns a little bit of the 'f*** you' from PLD

Didn't take him long to tell Hertl he didn't appreciate the hacks, say something to him on the ground after dropping him, tell Burroughs plug ass to piss off and walk away while cartooning him with one hand

I love it and if THAT guy shows up every night I'll forget the trade happened

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I actually don't think Byfield played poorly. He was much better this game than the last couple.

Not getting a point =/= bad game.

No denying Laferriere outplayed him though. Clarke was also off quite a bit.
Laferriere played and impressed in the Pre-season right? Lets see how he does in Ontario before I'll pass judgement. He brings something the Kings have lacked but is he a Top 6-9 Forward?Another year in Harvard would have improved his chances these kids need to see the "Game" for what it is...and not be drawn to and blighted by the Bright Lights and Hype...That's my take so far

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
tell Burroughs plug ass to piss off and walk away while cartooning him with one hand

I love it and if THAT guy shows up every night I'll forget the trade happened
i noticed that too, he had burroughs in total lockdown even from the bottom, sneaky strong i guess

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It’s preseason. Stop bitching about players. Be a fan. A real fan of the Kings.
I hear what you are saying and understand your point of view. But seriously, is this your first time and only place you go online for a fan/team online message board?!? This place is actually relatively tame compared to the main boards or other teams/sports message boards. But even so, that's what you get -- it's not the random occasional fan who thinks the team can do no wrong. It's people fully invested and knowledgeable (way too much) about the team & organization 365 days out of the year.

Your comment is like going to a sports bar and saying hey we're here to watch the game, can people stop drinking and be a fan. No -- it's a bar! Just like this is a message board. It's not rahh, rahh soccer mom pep rally. Fans celebrate....and fans vent. Best of both worlds. That's what you get on a message board. You're really in the wrong place if you don't want to hear any negativity/criticism at all.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Laferriere played and impressed in the Pre-season right? Lets see how he does in Ontario before I'll pass judgement. He brings something the Kings have lacked but is he a Top 6-9 Forward?Another year in Harvard would have improved his chances these kids need to see the "Game" for what it is...and not be drawn to and blighted by the Bright Lights and Hype...That's my take so far
Harvard wasnt going to do much for him. He’s as ready for the pro game as he will ever be.

He was thinking way ahead of most of his teammates last year, except for Coronato.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
IMO Dollar Store AF looked much better than Kaliyev. Arty should be worried and taking notes
Laferriere is a better fit for that line.

Kaliyev would be better in a role like Kempe (no, I'm not saying he should replace Kempe). But Kempe is a trigger man while Byfield and Kopitar do the heavy work.

If Arvidsson moves on, Kaliyev would benefit from an extended look with Danault and Moore, in my opinion.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Harvard wasnt going to do much for him. He’s as ready for the pro game as he will ever be.

He was thinking way ahead of most of his teammates last year, except for Coronato.
Before moving to the next step one should Dominate and I don't think from the games I watched he Dominated... was he good yep dominate,no...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad