GDT: Pre-Season Fake Frozen Fury LA Kings vs San Jose Sharks @6:00pm 10/5/23

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Copley was adequate, all three goalies have been better than quick/Petersen to start last year, hopefully it holds uo
i feel like copley looked pretty strong aside from that massive rebound for the hoffman goal

nobody stops that high tip goal and a fluke bounce in off lewis' skate doesn't leave me with much to fault him for

VILARGOD

Sep 16, 2020
Los Angeles, CA
As someone from the Great White North, how has Byfield by doing? With LAF <bleeping> the bed, I am hoping for some good Canadian news.
Looked better than last game, but honestly that's not a very high bar. I thought he got some good touches, nothing special though. My mind still references the rare NHL games earlier in his career where he was getting good-great touches all night, and making plays. We want to see that Byfield, every night

If he continues to middle about he needs to take another trip down to Ontario

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Kempe has 5 preseason goals already. Save some for the season Adrian. Can we just play the kids again for the last Pre-season game. I think the vets are ready.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
its hard to tell. He's fallen into a deferential role on the line he's on which is his nature. He rarely drives play. He's good at digging pucks off the boards I guess
Thanks to all the posters who replied.

That is so disappointing. I just can't believe both Byfield and LAF have disappointed to this extent - I could see one but both?

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Thanks to all the posters who replied.

That is so disappointing. I just can't believe both Byfield and LAF have disappointed to this extent - I could see one but both?
Yes its really disappointing. I think mgt got Dubois to fill the role they had hoped QB wouldve been close to by now.. So they are not developing him as a center yet. We are all hoping for Tage Thompson breakout soon... but so far no signs of it.

Reactions: Mcsorley47

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Yes its really disappointing. I think mgt got Dubois to fill the role they had hoped QB wouldve been close to by now.. So they are not developing him as a center yet. We are all hoping for Tage Thompson breakout soon... but so far no signs of it.
Re : "We are all hoping for Tage Thompson breakout soon"

Exactly. Me too.

Thanks, again, for the insight.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Byfield is definitely just adjusting to the extra 20 pounds he put on over the summer! It's why he's looked a smidge slower out there...

Goddamn I'm running out of ways to cope about Byfield
good you can admit it! what stage of grief are we in? i got out of denial sometime last year

• Haha
Reactions: VILARGOD

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
At this point I'm convinced Byfield would perform better off of the top line

Ruttu wanted Stutzle all the way and I'm heartbroken he didn't get his way

Byfield is being an Iafallo when we need him to be a Byfield.

It's not about where he's at in the lineup anymore, he looks less confident than last preseason, he's comfortable being a complementary player, a 'good teammate', more than a 'f*** you I've got this' guy.

We'll probably never see that until Kopitar et. al. are long gone if we see it at all.

I'm holding out hope that it's just preseason because that whole line has been half-speed/vanilla but he's not playing like a guy who wants to show everyone what he's got. He's playing like he's comfortable spending a long career as a 6'5" Andrew Cogliano.

On the bright side this will be a fun year, but it's hard to shake the feeling it's the last hurrah. No cap, no assets, youth regressing, vets aging.

All that's left to do is pour a cocktail and light a cigarette while we ride the Hindenburg

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
At this point just hoping Byfield turns into a poor man's Jason Allison. Big body, control puck and have some moments

I mean it really just seems like he's going to be plodding along doing his thing then one day just freaking awaken. He's already a 'useful player' as evidenced by him supercharging Kopitar-Kempe last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad