GDT: Pre-Season #6: Thu, Sept. 26 2019, FLYERS at Rangers, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
When certain people thought out loud this summer that AV had a bias towards Hagg-types and Stewart-types, it was met with guffaws. Who cares if he did in the past? Glass only played like 5, 10, or 60 games.....who cares?! The roster is much too deep where he can have these pet types, like our most recent coach.

There's still time to sort things out -- and I'm not sold they use Niskanen (!) on the 3rd pair and Sanheim (!) on the top pair, but I'll at least give a premature maybe "oops." Myers won't be sent down, but if a Manning/Sanheim platoon situation happens, that's within the realm of possibility.

Hagg is a cockroach on this team, and they didn't trade him because they must still value him to some degree, although coach and GM could disagree to the degree. Stewart sure is gunning towards a roster spot as well. Hagg is probably more worrisome, so here's hoping he doesn't have his annual PDO bender to disguise his wretched play. Some early regression is the doctor's orders.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
a ton of wasted* potential. He didn't look very impressive in preseason games. Same went for NAK

Not even slightly true.

10 things: The Philippe Myers question; Nicolas Aube-Kubel,...

Aube-Kubel has been a high-end play-driver at 5-on-5 for two seasons in the AHL, as a result of his tenacious play and hockey smarts. The latter were on display Monday. His best moment came in the third period, when Rubtsov attempted to send a pass to him just after entering the Bruins’ zone. The feed was misplaced, and headed toward the Boston skater covering Aube-Kubel, rather than leading the Flyers forward past the checker. But Aube-Kubel wasn’t about to relinquish possession; he lifted the opponent’s stick just as the Bruin was about to intercept the pass, collected the pass himself and then ripped a wrist shot that required a deceptively tough save via the shaft of Vladar’s stick. That’s split-second hockey intelligence at work, and it’s why Aube-Kubel has been so effective in preseason.

Reactions: CapnZin

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Patrick is headed for a sub par year again likely...only plus is he’s going to get paid pennies and like it.
Says who?

Even if he’s misses a month, so long as he eventually gets healthy there’s no reason to think he can’t have a good year when he does play.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Forget point totals when talking about a player who might miss a chunk of time, think in terms of p/pg.

Personally, if Patrick hits 0.50 p/pg I’ll be happy.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Says who?

Even if he’s misses a month, so long as he eventually gets healthy there’s no reason to think he can’t have a good year when he does play.

It’s not going to help to be a month behind. Even in ppg. Could be longer or shorter. Nylander missed much more time than that but was healthy and see what that got him.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
It’s not going to help to be a month behind. Even in ppg. Could be longer or shorter. Nylander missed much more time than that but was healthy and see what that got him.
Well p/pg vs just raw point totals make a huge difference

If he misses 20 games (I don't think he will, just hypothetically) it's much more likely he paces for 45 points (which would be scoring 34) than actually hits 45 it in 62 games (which would be a 60 point pace).

Yeah, missing time hurts him, but I'm just saying we need to keep our expectations in check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad