GDT: Pre-Season #5: Mon, Sept. 23 2019, FLYERS at Bruins, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Jack isn't even the main problem - it's ****ing Brick. He sounds like a lawbstuh crawled around behind him and stuck a claw up his chute and is working his mouth like a Southie ventriloquist who spent the night being violated by Sam Adams at Fenway Park. We all have accent problems to one degree or another - not so much me, since I am Midwestern and totally charming, but most people do - but that one is a huge ****ing problem. His voice is more sputum than sound. God, it's awful.

No offense intended, believe it or not.
E3F791D2-A6EB-4DCC-9DC2-B35911E7560E.jpeg

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
My best friend is a huge Bruins fan. We were on a pub crawl that night. When watched the last 5 minutes with him sitting on a chair in the middle of an empty dance floor with him looking devastated while I literally jumped around celebrating as all the girls we were worth either looked at us like we were insane or consoled him. It was amazing.

The Bruins winning the cup the next year was the worst thing ever. It took all the sting out of it for him haha.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
There is ZERO to suggest that could happen, other than your attempts to rile people up
“Zero.” Really?

Who has played in more preseason games?

What kids have knocked down the door for a roster spot besides Twarynski?

Are Patrick & Pitlick not injured?

Do you not see that he fills a role they want, & that his minimal competition is worse?

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
You think other teams when they’re playing the Flyers think, “Aw, man, I’ve gotta deal with Nicolas Aube-Kubel tonight.”

Stewart, not a great player, may not make it, but....a guy opponents would prefer isn’t on your team. And a guy your teammates feel way better knowing is on their bench. That stuff does matter, even if some want to act like it’s all computers & there’s no human psychology involved.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
You think other teams when they’re playing the Flyers think, “Aw, man, I’ve gotta deal with Nicolas Aube-Kubel tonight.”

Stewart, not a great player, may not make it, but....a guy opponents would prefer isn’t on your team. And a guy your teammates feel way better knowing is on their bench. That stuff does matter, even if some want to act like it’s all computers & there’s no human psychology involved.

If teams last year weren't afraid of us while we had Simmonds, i hate to break it to you, teams won't be afraid even more so with a guy like Stewart

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"Aw, man, I've gotta deal with Chris Stewart tonight. He last played on the 3rd line in the EIHL. He'll play 5 minutes, be 3 seconds late on every play, is too slow to forecheck or hit, can't do anything with the puck, may fight an AHL call-up, already got his clock cleaned in preseason, and will send us to the PP once a game."

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
“Zero.” Really?

Who has played in more preseason games?

What kids have knocked down the door for a roster spot besides Twarynski?

Are Patrick & Pitlick not injured?

Do you not see that he fills a role they want, & that his minimal competition is worse?

I'd prefer guys who don't get beaten by AHL dmen to be on my NHL team.

PhlthyRich

Mar 26, 2019
Philadelphia
Hahahahaha It just sucks when the big prospect haven't shown much and it pisses them off. Hope that laughton line plays well again. All 3 played solid including big not. Little Carsen T. Great pick hexy.

Speaking a fact of teams not being afraid of us with Simmonds vs Stewart has absolutely nothing to do with prospects

Reactions: Beef Invictus

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

Hmmm so teams should be clamoring for him then correct? If teams fear him greatly and teammates love him, why is he trying out for a team and not signed?

Reactions: Striiker

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Jack isn't even the main problem - it's ****ing Brick. He sounds like a lawbstuh crawled around behind him and stuck a claw up his chute and is working his mouth like a Southie ventriloquist who spent the night being violated by Sam Adams at Fenway Park. We all have accent problems to one degree or another - not so much me, since I am Midwestern and totally charming, but most people do - but that one is a huge ****ing problem. His voice is more sputum than sound. God, it's awful.

No offense intended, believe it or not.
Brick is from just north of Boston so his accent is thick. Surprisingly, most people from Boston proper don't have a real pronounced accent but you will hear it on certain words and phrases.

Our lines for tonight

Here is to a good game!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Brick is from just north of Boston so his accent is thick. Surprisingly, most people from Boston proper don't have a real pronounced accent but you will hear it on certain words and phrases.

I know, and that's why he bugs me so much - I know he (probably) isn't trying to exaggerate, but it SOUNDS like he is trying to break my ears.

Just for the record, I should know about these things - this is my company's logo:

twTlWvZ.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad