GDT: Pre-Season #4: Sat., Sept. 21, 2019, Rangers at FLYERS, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Because AV wants Hagg in the lineup... someone has to make the move over

There is no doubt in my mind he sees Bieksa in Hagg... AV loves those types of players... AV was basically the best coach the Flyers could have got for Hagg to play
Then he could have just made it Sanheim-Hagg instead...

Sanheim should be on the left and Hagg has mostly played right side here. So having them flipped makes no sense.

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
AV was basically the best coach the Flyers could have got for Hagg to play

No, they fired that guy.

giphy.gif

Hagg doesn’t have a starting roster spot. He is likely the #7.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Well, it’s preseason and Couturier is on a maintenance day (read: contracted Patrick’s flesh eating bacteria), so I can see a new coaching staff trying it out, especially given we don’t have a lock 3rd center with Patrick’s situation. It’s not really something I’m concerned about. If they send Frost down, which is still very plausible given hockey guy stuff, it’s better than Laughton at 3C. Of course, they should very much not send Frost down. My worry tonight is if he gets good wingers and not Raffl/Twarynski.

I can't even buy the new coaching staff trying it for hockey guy reasons excuse. The numbers are the numbers. The difference in both 5v5 point totals and fancy stats are mind blowing when comparing his center vs wing play over the last few years.

Frost, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Bunnaman, Raffl, or Laughton literally could not perform worse than what Giroux has done at center lately. You're just wasting your best winger.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I can't even buy the new coaching staff trying it for hockey guy reasons excuse. The numbers are the numbers. The difference in both 5v5 point totals and fancy stats are mind blowing when comparing his center vs wing play over the last few years.

Frost, Rubtsov, Vorobyev, Bunnaman, Raffl, or Laughton literally could not perform worse than what Giroux has done at center lately. You're just wasting your best winger.
Think it has more to do with NOT playing with Coots as opposed to not playing on the wing. Everyone is exponentially better 5v5 playing with Coots.

Giving G one preseason game at center makes a hell of a lot more sense than playing Sanheim on his off side, 2 games in a row, with a plug.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Av’s thinking

Center depth
Coots
Giroux
Hayes
Patrick
Frost

Genius

Hayes is the lock for 2nd line Center and appears with JVR and Jake, how do you have him at 3 on the depth chart ? Of all the games so far, that was our best line, makes sense to play them tonight again

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hayes is the lock for 2nd line Center and appears with JVR and Jake, how do you have him at 3 on the depth chart ? Of all the games so far, that was our best line, makes sense to play them tonight again
Im teasing. But what if giroux playa well at center? That is essentially what our depth chart would look like

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Im teasing. But what if giroux playa well at center? That is essentially what our depth chart would look like

Giroux will play good at Center tonight, but he an Couts will be a tandem for as long as they are here imo.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This is it for Stewart. Playing on a line that is exactly what they’re looking for. With Andreoff being invisible, he can win a spot with a good game tonight in that role. Not saying it will happen, but it’s a huge opportunity for him personally.

I can’t agree with those who think Frost has been “stellar.” None of the kids, unfortunately, have stood out as clearly NHL ready. Certainly flashes here & there, but a lot of work to be done.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
This is it for Stewart. Playing on a line that is exactly what they’re looking for. With Andreoff being invisible, he can win a spot with a good game tonight in that role. Not saying it will happen, but it’s a huge opportunity for him personally.

I can’t agree with those who think Frost has been “stellar.” None of the kids, unfortunately, have stood out as clearly NHL ready. Certainly flashes here & there, but a lot of work to be done.
No kids have stood out. Carsen T has played a hard solid two way game so far and could have a chance.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
No kids have stood out. Carsen T has played a hard solid two way game so far and could have a chance.
I agree. Twarynski has been rock solid & with no one standing out he could steal the physical depth winger role. Has been good on the wall & forecheck. Huge game for him tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad