GDT: Pre-Season #4: Sat., Sept. 21, 2019, Rangers at FLYERS, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
It hasn’t been for the last two years.

He’s a LW now.

No, he's top line player who can play 2 positions.

Coots isn't playing. What's AV supposed to do? Breakup up the 2nd line and move Hayes up just to make sure G NEVER plays center again?

Or maybe play some scrub at top line C cuz G is type cast as a winger for life now?

if AV refuses to play G at center when Hayes or Coots are absent...he should be fired immediately.

In McDavids absence, Drai plays center, his natural position. It's common sense

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
No, he's top line player who can play 2 positions.

Coots isn't playing. What's AV supposed to do? Breakup up the 2nd line and move Hayes up just to make sure G NEVER plays center again?

Or maybe play some scrub at top line C cuz G is type cast as a winger for life now?

if AV refuses to play G at center when Hayes or Coots are absent...he should be fired immediately.

In McDavids absence, Drai plays center, his natural position. It's common sense
Sure, just toss someone like Raffl on the top line to fill in. The point is to simulate real games by having the roster as close as possible, so keep the key players where they belong and full in the gaps as needed. They do this type of thing in morning skates or practice all the time.

This isn’t regular season game where we can’t afford to have Raffl on the top line. It’s really not a big deal.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Sure, just toss someone like Raffl on the top line to fill in. The point is to simulate real games by having the roster as close as possible, so keep the key players where they belong and full in the gaps as needed. They do this type of thing in morning skates or practice all the time.

This isn’t regular season game where we can’t afford to have Raffl on the top line. It’s really not a big deal.

Now that would be stupid, to sacrifice Farabees camp just for the sake of keeping G at wing.

AV said he wants to play the vets more. His line combos are not Hakstols.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Were you not just excited because AV said that he didn’t want Frost or Farabee playing with scrubs?

Because this is what he’s doing. Putting Raffl up there is playing him with a scrub.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Maybe it’s the whole AV wants Farabee to play with talent thing and with Couts not playing this was the next best option.

Im sure this is it , AV being at a Honk level will be somes narrative though.

Hope we can ignite some Offense tonight, Rags have a weak lineup. Hope Hayes gets 25 and 93 going again too

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
If you plan on Farabee with someone like Raffl, you might as well send him down. Raffl shouldnt even a lock for 4th line with the talent we have.

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
I’m excited to see this preseason game get WAY over-analyzed and the insane overreactions that come with it.

I’d ask that people try to keep context in mind, but lol nope, won’t happen. There’s gonna be some meltdowns tonight.
kinda like your meltdown to av's quotes about hagg and sanheim.:laugh:

Reactions: God Bless Mr Gritty

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Now that would be stupid, to sacrifice Farabees camp just for the sake of keeping G at wing.

AV said he wants to play the vets more. His line combos are not Hakstols.

Were you not just excited because AV said that he didn’t want Frost or Farabee playing with scrubs?

Because this is what he’s doing. Putting Raffl up there is playing him with a scrub.

Uh no... both of you are wrong.

The lineup would be

Giroux-Raffl-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Farabee-Frost-Lindblom
Twarynski-Laughton-Stewart

If Farabee makes the team it won't be on the top line anyway and even in this lineup he's not playing with scrubs. It keeps the lineup as close as possible to what the real lineup would be, so long as Couturier is sitting out. If they want, they can also scramble up that middle six to balance youth/vets more and still neither line would suffer.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

GIROUX AT CENTER?!?!?!? :mad:

tenor.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
So, we could be halfway through preseason and Sanheim will only have played with Hagg and on his right side. No bueno. But he’s just a bridge player and needs to deal with it.

Anyone taking odds on which defenseman is on PP1?

Hagg. At least for a tone setting first shift.

(We know it will 100% be Provorov)

occultist goat

Mar 16, 2019
Uh no... both of you are wrong.

The lineup would be

Giroux-Raffl-TK
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Farabee-Frost-Lindblom
Twarynski-Laughton-Stewart

If Farabee makes the team it won't be on the top line anyway and even in this lineup he's not playing with scrubs. It keeps the lineup as close as possible to what the real lineup would be, so long as Couturier is sitting out. If they want, they can also scramble up that middle six to balance youth/vets more and still neither line would suffer.
i dont think farabee is going to make the team this year niether is frost thier both going to lv.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
GIROUX AT CENTER?!?!?!? :mad:

tenor.gif

Well, it’s preseason and Couturier is on a maintenance day (read: contracted Patrick’s flesh eating bacteria), so I can see a new coaching staff trying it out, especially given we don’t have a lock 3rd center with Patrick’s situation. It’s not really something I’m concerned about. If they send Frost down, which is still very plausible given hockey guy stuff, it’s better than Laughton at 3C. Of course, they should very much not send Frost down. My worry tonight is if he gets good wingers and not Raffl/Twarynski.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Yeah, Sanheim on the right is still stupid but please swarm me with turd polishing and crazy reaches to explain why it's actually a good thing.

Because AV wants Hagg in the lineup... someone has to make the move over

There is no doubt in my mind he sees Bieksa in Hagg... AV loves those types of players... AV was basically the best coach the Flyers could have got for Hagg to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad