GDT: Pre-Season #4 | New York Islanders @ New Jersey Devils | Brocktober 2nd | 7:00 PM | F/L 6-5

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Devils are a team with great skaters, but bad goalies. If they had someone like Sorokin, they'd probably win like 3-4 Cups in a row.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Sorokin is also a slow starter. He isn't stopping anything tough tonight, which isn't what we're going to get in most of the regular season out of him.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hopefully it’s only because it preseason but I hope Matt Martin the fourth line is done seeing the ice with less than five minutes left while chasing a goal.

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
Aho was a +3 . Give this man the Norris ! Bolduc you’re on notice …
Nelson, Engvall, Dufour we’re all +2

Wahlstrom with a few nice scoring chances there but couldn’t score.

Barzal/Horvat looking good out there

Reactions: xECK29x

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Well, that was an embarrassing lurker reaction ^. So excited about the big 6-5 preseason win that they couldn't resist the temptation to "contribute". :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: Hisch13r

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
The Devs are built for the [preseason and the] regular season. I'll give them the President's Trophy, because there's a decent chance they win it. The playoffs and the Stanley Cup? Not so sure they're built for that. We'll see.
watching the devs feed tonight, hence for my sarcastic post. We all better not play hockey this year it sounds like

Reactions: doublechili

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
watching the devs feed tonight, hence for my sarcastic post. We all better not play hockey this year it sounds like
Mediocre goaltending, small forwards and a defense "anchored" by Dougie Hamilton. Sounds like a recipe for playoff success to me. ;)

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Honestly? Not mad at this game. Went to the Rock, fun game, and they definitely played better than you'd think. Isles flaws honestly are with their backup defenders in Hutton, and I really think Pageau is so important as a 3C. Gauthier also is important as an islander. Martin's time is up, I think he goes first over Clutterbuck.

Reactions: xECK29x

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Major takeaway for me is that the trio of Marino/Bratt/Hughes is very good, and the Penguins are god damn STUPID to have let go of Marino. I'd also like to say that Ishakov, Dufour, and Hutton are AHL players for now, Lee is okay, and I really just don't like Martin at this point against faster teams. This is where we miss Pageau, Pelech and Palmieri.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Only saw the highlights. Looked like terrible coverage in the neutral and D zones. NJD just waltzed right through the neutral zone, then NYI looked lost in their own zone. Only way this team has a fighting chance is by playing that D they did to end last season.

With that said, glad Barzal put two on the board.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Only saw the highlights. Looked like terrible coverage in the neutral and D zones. NJD just waltzed right through the neutral zone, then NYI looked lost in their own zone. Only way this team has a fighting chance is by playing that D they did to end last season.

With that said, glad Barzal put two on the board.
They played a good 1st and 3rd, sandwiched by yet another garbage 2nd period. Seriously they played their best hockey in the 3rd period. Devils just played the pace of the game after that Nelson goal. It was tough, but thats the issue of how good NJ is.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
They played a good 1st and 3rd, sandwiched by yet another garbage 2nd period. Seriously they played their best hockey in the 3rd period. Devils just played the pace of the game after that Nelson goal. It was tough, but thats the issue of how good NJ is.

Did they play with the same pace they did v. NYR?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad