GDT: Pre-Season #2: Tue., Sept. 17, 2019, FLYERS at Islanders, 7:00 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Can’t be any less entertaining than last night. A bunch of scrubs again, but at least a lineup that should play with more physicality.

Reactions: hatcher

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
It's really not that odd. A rib injury, for example, is something you could skate around and shoot with and just grit thru the pain, but anyone hitting you in the chest could set back the recovery badly.

Frost will be back before opening night, but will he be fit enough to get a chance to look great in these next four preseason games before they head to Europe?

Reactions: PhlthyRich

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Three Unknowns in the line-up. I wonder if they are related.......

Looks more like the Phantoms or even a beer league line-up for tonight's game than the Flyers.

But Hart will have to play like Bernie Parent for us to win......wait he is Bernie Parent........! ;-)

And if he does not....... then a slugfest is in order.....

View attachment 255193

Depending on the day, it is still either 1 or 2 of my all time favorite albums, the other being Sticky Fingers. But those albums are now 50 years old for god's sake......with Mick Taylor as lead guitar.
Mick Taylor is one of the most underrated guitarists in rock history. The Stones were never the same after he left.

Reactions: mmvvpp

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Does that put Laughton on the 3rd line? If so, gross.

By default as of this morning. I like farabee game, but I think they will plan to start him in LHV with Frost for a month if everyone is healthy.

I don’t think anyone can really judge Farabee till you see him with 2 legit NHL linemates in a game situation. Seems like he has really impressed in practice, which is awesome. I liked his motor last night, but didn’t see the flash yet. Again put him with Patrick and Lindblom/Voracek/TK and that might change. But as of now I think it’s laughton spit till lose, especially with Rubstov looking like a good 4C right now.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Farabee could be on the 3rd line with Laughton for opening night. I'm not going to assume anyone who isn't playing right now due to injury is a lock to be there for game 1.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom-Laughton-Farabee
Andreoff-Rubtsov-Raffl
NAK

Reactions: BiggE

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Farabee could be on the 3rd line with Laughton for opening night. I'm not going to assume anyone who isn't playing right now due to injury is a lock to be there for game 1.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Hayes-Voracek
Lindblom-Laughton-Farabee
Andreoff-Rubtsov-Raffl
NAK

Not enough Gabriel/Stewart...

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
By default as of this morning. I like farabee game, but I think they will plan to start him in LHV with Frost for a month if everyone is healthy.

I don’t think anyone can really judge Farabee till you see him with 2 legit NHL linemates in a game situation. Seems like he has really impressed in practice, which is awesome. I liked his motor last night, but didn’t see the flash yet. Again put him with Patrick and Lindblom/Voracek/TK and that might change. But as of now I think it’s laughton spit till lose, especially with Rubstov looking like a good 4C right now.

There's literally no way you could know that.

Reactions: Striiker

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
CDBC677E-A493-4214-B246-31E7A01E8501.jpeg

Dude was skating in cement. I’m confused

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Looking over CapFriendly, despite not having much cap space now that everyone is signed, there are likely to be 16 teams with less cap space once Tkachuk, Point, Connor, and Laine are signed.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's really not that odd. A rib injury, for example, is something you could skate around and shoot with and just grit thru the pain, but anyone hitting you in the chest could set back the recovery badly.

Frost will be back before opening night, but will he be fit enough to get a chance to look great in these next four preseason games before they head to Europe?

How exactly does one get a rib injury before any contact starts though? Bar fight? Lol.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Until a guy smaller than him lights him up....
He played his role and was open twice if certain players could have gotten him the puck and had two hits in the 3rd that caused turnovers that led to 2 great chances. 1st game in awhile but was better then the slow linemates.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
He played his role and was open twice if certain players could have gotten him the puck and had two hits in the 3rd that caused turnovers that led to 2 great chances. 1st game in awhile but was better then the slow linemates.

Slow linemates? More like line mates that are 100% on the roster while he's begging to make it.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Slow linemates? More like line mates that are 100% on the roster while he's begging to make it.
We'll see what happens but Lindbolm is on just because and Rubtsov is back in the minors. Stewart wil;l have a chance and AV sees it already as a role needed.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
We'll see what happens but Lindbolm is on just because and Rubtsov is back in the minors. Stewart wil;l have a chance and AV sees it already as a role needed.
AV has praised Rubtsov also. He's definitely got a shot at 4c.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad