Pre-Game Talk: Pre-game talk: Pens vs. Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
There is no "Revenge" motive for the Pens tonight. :laugh: I don't get why people are saying that. These two teams have 6 recent Cups between them and the only bad blood is the Pens whipping their ass in the early 90s (which doesn't carry over to today). The two organizations with 6 Cups in recent history don't have motive for regular season revenge. They don't care unless it came down to the SCF.

I think from the Pens perspective they don't put much stock in these games with the Hawks. But Kane has come right out and said that these are big games for his team, that they hated that the Pens matched their three Cups last year and they do view them as a measuring stick. Chicago has treated these games accordingly IMO and that's why the Pens lose all the time to them

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I think from the Pens perspective they don't put much stock in these games with the Hawks. But Kane has come right out and said that these are big games for his team, that they hated that the Pens matched their three Cups last year and they do view them as a measuring stick. Chicago has treated these games accordingly IMO and that's why the Pens lose all the time to them

Oh I definitely think both teams look at one another as measuring sticks. That's for sure. But I don't believe the Pens have pent up anger they need to redeem themselves for. They are focused on finding themselves. Chicago is focused on finding themselves. Both teams treat this game as very important, but I don't think the Pens give a shit who rips them apart. They know they are good enough and need to find their game.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
There is no "Revenge" motive for the Pens tonight. :laugh: I don't get why people are saying that. These two teams have 6 recent Cups between them and the only bad blood is the Pens whipping their ass in the early 90s (which doesn't carry over to today). The two organizations with 6 Cups in recent history don't have motive for regular season revenge. They don't care unless it came down to the SCF.

You don't think these guys are proud enough to want to get back at a team that whooped their asses 10-1?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
You don't think these guys are proud enough to want to get back at a team that whooped their asses 10-1?

Just my opinion... nothing more. They'll say the right things to the media, but in the minds of the Penguins - they don't feel hatred or feel disrespected by being beat 10-1. They let that loss roll right on off their shoulders. They don't keep any belief that the Hawks game was an outlier to who they are and having nothing to do with their identity. The Pens are winners and a beat down didn't take that away.

Just my opinion. They'll say the right things, but none of them actually hold that loss near to their heart or mind.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Just my opinion... nothing more. They'll say the right things to the media, but in the minds of the Penguins - they don't feel hatred or feel disrespected by being beat 10-1. They let that loss roll right on off their shoulders. They don't keep any belief that the Hawks game was an outlier to who they are and having nothing to do with their identity. The Pens are winners and a beat down didn't take that away.

Just my opinion. They'll say the right things, but none of them actually hold that loss near to their heart or mind.

I agree they are winners and aren't worrying to much about a loss in October, but they still got embarrassed. They won't treat tonight like a playoff game or anything, but I'm sure they circled this game with at least a moderate desire for retribution.

Maybe that's a fan mentality though so you could be right.

Reactions: ColePens

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
It would be nice to see retribution by way of a blowout win by the Pens, but I just don't see it. I don't think that 10-1 score bothered them enough to play the game of their lives tonight to get it back.

The Pens may win, but it'll be something like a 3-2 or 2-1 win rather than any sort of statement game score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad