WJC: Pre-Game Talk for Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruor

May 12, 2012
How many people in sweden are aware of the World J's? I would assume it's not canada level, but it must be at least semi popular

A lot of people, during the past 5-6 years it has gotten big coverage.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
How many people in sweden are aware of the World J's? I would assume it's not canada level, but it must be at least semi popular
What made it big was the 2008 WJC when sweden, unfortunately lost 3-2 in OT in the final against Canada, even the tournament the year before when sweden hosted barely anyone took notice, even though we had a superstar named Bäckström on the roster... the 1988'ers were the first (in a looooong time) who went far in the tournament and didn't embarass themselves...really close winning it all.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
betting on Canada to win by 2 or more, sounds pretty realistic if Saros plays lika a human.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
I predict:

Sweden will fall flat on their faces after taking an early lead against Russia. Everything will look awesome the first 20 minutes and after that it'll be nothing else but darkness and despair.

Finland will put up a heck of a fight.

Canada will win gold.

(I could use this same post every year)

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Think Canada and Sweden will prevail and I`ll give the Swedes the edge for the Gold........Canada hasn`t played consistent hockey as a whole but give them credit of putting decent back to back games............

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
il_570xN.256554423.jpg

This thread is to discuss the pending Semi-Finals, everyone. Not education and languages in different countries.

Stay on target.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
I think my fellow countrymen should be a bit more humble, Russia is no walk in the park. I predict a very close game as usual with Russia.

jeangauthier

Oct 10, 2007
Montreal,Canada
Sweden = Gold (they look like Robots out there, one of the strongest Sweden Junior teams i've seen).

Canada = Silver (As long as they stay out of the penalty box against Finland, and get the 1st goal. This isn't bad since I didn't think Canada would even get a medal this year). Should the Fins manage to beat Canada, then my prediction will come true that another year without a medal.

Russia = Bronze (much stronger than the Fins, and the Fins will be deflated by the lob-sided loss to Canada).

this.......I went into this tournament with low expectations.......

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
I predict:

Sweden will fall flat on their faces after taking an early lead against Russia. Everything will look awesome the first 20 minutes and after that it'll be nothing else but darkness and despair.

Finland will put up a heck of a fight.

Canada will win gold.

(I could use this same post every year)

Come on, you guys are doom and gloom. Looks to me like one of your top junior teams ever. Keep the faith, however I hope Canada can kick your ass from one side of the rink to the other. ;)

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Sweden and Russia should be just as good as the USA vs Russia game in my opinion. I think the game will go like:

Russia's big defensemen getting big hits on the Swedish players, a quick start with loads of goals and not a lead more than 2 goals. Then Russia takes it with Zadorov and Slepyshev taking the game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad