WJC: Pre-Game Talk for Semifinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Canada/Finland will start at 19:30 CET.

Why is that? Sweden has been playing before Canada all tournament, I would have thought they'd rather be the late game.

Works well though as Eastern Canada gets to sleep in

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Why is that? Sweden has been playing before Canada all tournament, I would have thought they'd rather be the late game.

Works well though as Eastern Canada gets to sleep in

Probably because the medal games are the next day, it gives them more time to rest.

Anyways going to be a great day of hockey

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Russia Sweden will be close - Sweden winning in OT. Canada Finland will be meh. Finland will lose.

Antonglk

Dec 28, 2012
Moscow, Russia
Second time in a row Russia will face Sweden in semifinals. Last time it was close, 3-2 in shootout. I hope Russia will play much better than Slovaks today

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Apparently Sweden has changed their mind and asked for the late game now

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I hope gods let us get trough Canada. It would be dream to beat Sweden in the Final in their home soil in U20.. unforgettable. That would make junior championship almost as important and adults one. Ofcourse Sweden would have to beat Russia, too.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Russia - Sweden will be a tight game, Russia will play more physical and probably fail because of it. Finland need to pull of some impressive stunt to win against Canada, but well... they have done it before but I do not count on it.

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
I hope gods let us get trough Canada. It would be dream to beat Sweden in the Final in their home soil in U20.. unforgettable. That would make junior championship almost as important and adults one. Ofcourse Sweden would have to beat Russia, too.

It would be unreal, but it requires either a complete meltdown from Canada or an unreal performance from Saros and our defense. Neither of those are impossible, but not very likely either. Still, today's performance gives me hope.

EP40 AKA Lil Wayne

May 9, 2013
Finland got a hungry team, Canada is overrated and full of themselves, great depth but the top elite is not better then other top teams(USA, Russia,Swe).

Hopefully Finland got this one. :handclap:

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Finland will not be an easy opponent to knock out. Saros has been fantastic and Teravainen is very good. I just hope Canada continues to work on their discipline. Penalties will kill you in this tournament. Dumba especially needs to be talked to.

It's never easy having to face the same team twice in a tournament. The first Sweden Russia game was a squeaker victory by the Swedes. Yes, they dominated early, but it looked like Russia was figuring out how to play them by the end of the match and I expect the game to be an all out war.

Sweden was the clear favorite prior to the tournament. There is immense pressure to win on home soil and it doesn't happen all that often. I think Russia was ranked second before the tournament. You can't take them lightly. You can dominate possession, cycle all over their zone, but all they need is one mistake, one break, and their skill allows them to score. They always are a scary opponent.

Both games will be awesome and all 4 teams earned the medal round. Can't wait for Saturday.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Finland will not be an easy opponent to knock out. Saros has been fantastic and Teravainen is very good. I just hope Canada continues to work on their discipline. Penalties will kill you in this tournament. Dumba especially needs to be talked to.

Finland's pp is inadequate.

Maybe they will wake up on Saturday and score a few pp goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad