Pre-Game Talk: Pre-emptive 9th Overall Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
If we even pick at 9th its a win.

Knowing Benning, he will probably trade it for a bag of beans that is almost ready to play, but just hasen't found his potential yet... or ever will.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
This is gonna be that year where we won't drop to 8 or 9 so fans can cry about our bad luck nor will we get the top 3 picks for the sheer joy. We will stay at 6 and everyone will just go meh, ok.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I would put the tank nation Sabres in there too. If Vancouver doesn’t win I hope the Islanders win with Calgary’s pick

In some sick way I almost enjoy Flames failures more than Canucks' success. I might prefer the Isles landing 1st overall with the Calgary pick more than I would us landing the 2nd or 3rd overall. If both happen....that's totally fap worthy.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I've never really hated the Flames. Oilers and Leafs yes, but I've never been able to get on board the same way with Calgary, at least not in the last 25 years. Their fans are less obnoxious, their team has generally been pretty likeable, and other than 1989 their franchise history isn't much different to ours.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
I've never really hated the Flames. Oilers and Leafs yes, but I've never been able to get on board the same way with Calgary, at least not in the last 25 years. Their fans are less obnoxious, their team has generally been pretty likeable, and other than 1989 their franchise history isn't much different to ours.

Joel Otto's skate
Theoren Fleury
Jim Peplinski
Gary Suter
Rachel Notley

Plenty of reason to hate them if you ask me.

Oignon Saute

Dec 19, 2011
There a 7 players I really like in this draft so I'm just as happy with 7 as I am 6. 8 I'll have apprehensive optimism and 9 I'll rage. It just can't be 9th...

Charles Bushman

Apr 22, 2018
You need to go read calgarypuck

Reactions: Canucks5551

Charles Bushman

Apr 22, 2018
:skeptic::help:
In some sick way I almost enjoy Flames failures more than Canucks' success. I might prefer the Isles landing 1st overall with the Calgary pick more than I would us landing the 2nd or 3rd overall. If both happen....that's totally fap worthy.

I read that really quick and I thought you said flap worthy

I’ll show myself out

Reactions: ginner classic

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I am closing this the moment we don't finish with the 9th pick

and if we do finish with the 9th pick, accept my contrition in advance

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Closing this won't change who we really are.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad