GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 23 • Canada 5, Finland 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhiggins27

Nov 23, 2009
Halifax, NS
www.twitter.com
I'm expecting this game to be dominated by Canada, simply because they played extremely sloppy, especially on the PP, against Sweden despite coming out on top with a 4-1 victory. If it wasn't for Olivier Roy, the result of that game could have been a lot different.

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
Finland had a long journey to Kitchener and Canada has already had two pre-tourney games. I imagine that Canada will dominate most of the play.

nitz

Jul 27, 2009
I wouldn't be too upset if we lost to Finland. I've kinda got a man crush on that country when it comes to hockey.

Daryl

Jul 22, 2010
I hope I get this game on my television otherwise streaming and posting will be difficult at the same time..

I predict another strong game by us,I'm hoping that Couturier has a strong offensive and defensive game.

Latex*

I use this to get pumped up for our national games:

I start to get chills and feel so patriotic (lol) after 3:35

My guess is 6-3 for canada. Armia 1+0 and Pulkkinen 1+1 Vatanen best player for the Finns. Ortio sucks again this year... (he's very medicore imo)

Couturier with a storng game 2+1

oh, and i hope there is going to be a stream for this

Muuri

Nov 14, 2009
Should be fun as long as Canadians leave out cheap shots this time around.

Patrice Cormier never forget.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I miss Cormier and Della Rovere but we'll dominate the Finn's, the only reason it will be fun watching is the battle of Canada's offense vs Finlands goalie.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
I'll be happy if we score a goal and give up less than 10. Seriously, Finland has no chance at even a draw. I just hope Pulkkinen and the rest of the offence gets its game somewhat together already in the first game, defence is questionalble and goaltender sucks. And no cheap shots this time, plz?

MaNNe

Sep 27, 2009
Finland
5-2 for Canada is my prediciton, but let's hope Finland has a good game. Is there going to be any streams for this game ?

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Pulu the pigeon is sick. Finland's lineup tonight:

Iiro Pakarinen - Erik Haula - Mika Partanen
Sami Vatanen - Jyrki Jokipakka

Toni Rajala - Joonas Nättinen - Joel Armia
Rasmus Rissanen - Nico Manelius

Joonas Donskoi - Henri Tuominen - Julius Junttila
Tommi Kivistö - Jesse Virtanen

Teemu Tallberg - Valtteri Virkkunen - Jaakko Turtiainen
Olli Määttä - Jani Hakanpää

13th forward: Miikka Salomäki

Joni Ortio
(Sami Aittokallio)

Finland will probably win this one with a wide margin, double digits with ease. :toothless

The Saw Is the Law

Jul 31, 2010
I use this to get pumped up for our national games:

I start to get chills and feel so patriotic (lol) after 3:35

I was almost crying and throwing my laptop to wall at one moment. Suddenly I got chills and was waving Finnish flag after that I was freezing....

6-2 Canada. Damn there are also Penguins Capitals at 2AM

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
Now I have a good reason not to wake up at 2AM and watch the game, great!
This game is definitely worth watching. Combination of 60 hours of travelling, jetlag, small ice and the toughest possible opponent will tell a lot about the Finnish players. The players who are capable of playing well in this game might actually have a chance of developing into NHL players someday. Hopefully it's not a total uphill battle for Finland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad