GDT: Pre-Competition • Dec. 21 • United States 2, Czech Republic 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Energise

Mar 6, 2009
The Phog
A few random thoughts/observations:

-I thought Clendening was particularly bad tonight
-Bourque didn't do much to impress me all night long
-Palmieri and Kreider were rather chippy for a majority of the night.
-Etem was super explosive and looked excellent with Kreider in the OT. Had a chance on the doorstep that he didn't elevate. I'd like to believe his lack of ice time early on was due to the fact that he's a lock to make this team.
-Chris Brown will be an excellent component on our 4th line.
-I really liked what I saw from Faulk, especially on the PP.

USA had the edge in terms of controlling play without question. A few chances on the doorstep or in front that we couldn't put away coupled with some others on bouncing pucks in tight. Hopefully they get comfortable tomorrow and come out firing Thursday.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
How did Faulk and Dumoulin do play? Its nice to hear that Faulk got an assist, but was it a skilled set up or last one to touch it kind of thing?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
How did Faulk and Dumoulin do play? Its nice to hear that Faulk got an assist, but was it a skilled set up or last one to touch it kind of thing?

Broken play. He shot it and it was partially blocked by the Czech pk'er right in front of him. The puck went right to Palmieri on the half board and he put it in with a slap shot.

Energise

Mar 6, 2009
The Phog
How was D'amigo?

Quite simply a non-factor. Didn't get much ice time and didn't do much when he was out there.

As far as the Faulk assist goes, cagney is right on. I thought he looked good tonight in general, though. Thought Dumoulin played a solid game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad