GDT: Pre-Competition • Canada vs. Switzerland • Dec. 20 • 7:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009
Lander? That is Edmonton bias at best lol how about Larrson?

He didn't say anything like Lander was the best player on Sweden, just that he's excited to see him which makes sense as Lander could be part of his team soon. What the hell are you talking about?

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Did he though? I thought Hamilton had more chances and created more, but Ashton actually produced. But like I said, could be my bias.

Either way, tough to tell too much from one blowout anyways. I'm more interested in the Sweden game.

I only saw the 3rd period, so take it FWIW, but I thought Ashton showed the most offensive prowess and creativity of that line. That said, as an Oil fan I was focusing more on Hamilton and was very impressed at his reads and anticipation. He looks like he could project as a way more disciplined version of Ethan Moreau. And Chopper in his prime was one of the premier checking LW's. I'd be good with that.

Cheli

Jul 6, 2008
Toronto/Waterloo
This.

Visentin looked shaky, I think if we were facing a USA team, he would have not gotten a shutout.

Don't we play Sweden next game? I think we should rotate goalies. Vistenen

I believe it was already confirmed by TSN before the game that Roy gets the start tomorrow vs Sweden.

chi11in88

Jan 8, 2010
Windsor
He didn't say anything like Lander was the best player on Sweden, just that he's excited to see him which makes sense as Lander could be part of his team soon. What the hell are you talking about?

WOW I was just playing around why don't you calm down.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Personally I was really disappointed by the effort of the Swiss, they must have been really tired or jet lagged or something, because they are better than the effort the put forward tonight.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Comments about Schenn are laughable. Kid looked very good in LA, probably just a bad game trying to fit in on this team.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Comments about Schenn are laughable. Kid looked very good in LA, probably just a bad game trying to fit in on this team.

Most of the comments I have read are that he looked bad.

I don't see how that's really all that laughable, because he was definitely in the bottom third of Canada's FW's in the game.

I agree that he will be fine, but I don't see how it's laughable to be honest and say that he wasn't all that solid in the game.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Most of the comments I have read are that he looked bad.

I don't see how that's really all that laughable, because he was definitely in the bottom third of Canada's FW's in the game.

I agree that he will be fine, but I don't see how it's laughable to be honest and say that he wasn't all that solid in the game.

Read back on the thread again then.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Read back on the thread again then.

Ok....

Schenn, good or bad?

Really good. But guilty of overhandling the puck a bit.

Fair point.

To me Canada's worst line was actually the top line of Schwartz-Schenn-Leblanc.

My point. I still stand by it.

Schenn line played with a load of skill, probably shouldve had a couple more points tonight, Swiss goalie was excellent..

Fair point.

Braden Schenn had a very disappointing WJC last year and again he is trying but not finishing and being very sloppy with the puck. I really question his puck skills and speed. He may be demoted to the 4th line if he keeps this up.

Yes, negative, but it's someone's opinion. And he was pretty sloppy with the puck in this game.

Leblanc & Schenn did a solid job distributing the puck, and Schwartz had a few opportunities, one which he buried with a nice one-timer in the 1st.

Someone giving the line some credit for working well together.

Schenn never impressed me much as well..

Another who agrees that Schenn wasn't that good.

I thought Schenn was Canada's weakest player.

Fought the puck. Made mistakes.

:(

Another who agrees that Schenn wasn't that good.

I have to agree with others. Brayden Schenn doesn't have the talent and the finish to be on the top line. He didn't impress me last year, and he was okay tonight.

Another who agrees that Schenn wasn't that good. Might be going a bit far and to an extreme, but still.

Schenn put up 7 points in 7 games in the AHL...I think he's fine. He's not supposed to wow you offensively,

Someone defending Schenn.

in Schenn's defense he hasn't played very much hockey these past few weeks due to injury, but he was pretty sloppy tonight. where he made up for that was in his board play, he cycled well and won the majority of the battles along the boards.

Nothing wrong with this.

Yes, we could. I just don't think that, when the tournament ends, Brayden Schenn will be leading us in scoring even though he's looked as the main guy by TSN because of his appearance last year and time spent in the AHL/NHL.

I still think that Brett Connolly and Jaden Schwartz will be Canada's best players offensively, but who knows?

Could some of these comments be considered "laughable"? I dunno. I guess. But they are opinions. No one is saying he shouldn't be on the team.

People just have high expectations for a player that was in the NHL this year. You would think in an 8-0 game, maybe he could've played a bigger role, I guess.

I'm still a Schenn supporter, but I don't think it's unfair to say he wasn't that great tonight. That's not "laughable". It's honest.

Pyke*

I thought Barrie had a good game; better than Gudbranson anyway.

I was watching for Cowen, he played okay; I was really impressed with his speed and reach; though I would have liked it better if he didn't look lost a couple times in the defensive zone. I'm not sure if he's just not used to playing with a new partner.

Olsen and Ellis were both really smooth; but that's as advertised.

I barely noticed Ashton's line on the ice, but thought Kassian-Coutourier-Foligno were dominant. I'd like to see that line stay together. Was a bit disappointed to see Connolly on the third unit, maybe swap him and Schwartz, not that he had a bad game; but I feel like him and Johansen might light things up.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Switzerland... I am dissapoint.

I was not expecting a blowout like this :<

Me too ! :(

Come one, it is a preparation game !
just for fun and to tune up the lines !
our goalie had a day off, giving the opportunity to the 2nd to play

win win situation !

They will question themselves deeply and ... the result will be astounding ! (i hope:))

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I predicted a 8-2 loss so a little more offensive effort from Switzerland.
I'm not surprised, they are jet-lagged and practiced together only once. Most of them have never played on the small ice.
It's good for them to get blown out in exhibition games so they realize they have to stand on their heads to get points against the top 5 teams...
And there is a chance now that Canada underestimate them a little more.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^
Who do you guys think will be in nets next game? I was very disappointed and happy. Dissappointed because Conz got blown out along with the whole team. Really want Conz to be drafted this year and IMO he will need another solid tourney, if he plays like this then...
Happy because Canada destroyed. Then again, it's only exhibition so these games mean nothing.
Hopefully Conz can play like King Conz and Swiss can find their game back. For Canada, stay the same :P

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton

He wasn't bad bad, he just looked like he was trying to be way too fancy. Stick-handling around in his feet with three guys on him, dumb stuff like that. Like we get it, he's a good player, but I'd much rather he just stick to a simple game and use his size and experience. He should still be one of the best players in the tournament if he does that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad