GDT: PRE 8 | "Preseason Tune Up" | Oilers vs. Stars | 9.27.13 | OKC | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auguste McEscoffier

Oct 20, 2009
I don't like Eakins burying Yakupov with two players who aren't offensively gifted, nor do I like him rewarding Smyth with top line minutes as a result of being a veteran. It's frustrating that the philosophies of our coaches never change.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Remember when Kruger did that and Hall flipped.

Remember this moment.

Also, an interesting note, it took from June 2007 till nearly October 2013 for me to turn into DSF/Replacement.

Bitter and Jaded I have become.

h72217808

Hans Moleman

Was saying Boortuzzi
Apr 4, 2004
FTW
I think it was a bit of a joke the team Dallas dressed tonight. We are a couple days from regular season and we face a b squad in pre season what was the point of the oilers showing up they might as well have had a Baron squad play preseason tonight.

They wanted to show off players from last season's squad, I imagine. Didn't work out so well. They all look like they're trying to avoid being injured.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
What if the Oiler's just aren't trying this game because it's a meaningless preseason game and the opening night lineup is already set with no one having to fight for their jobs?

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
You'd be flipped out by now if you had to watch the last 2 decades of this. lol.

Its OK, I'll save you a seat on the crazy train;)

That's just as long as I've posted here. I couldn't become someone I didn't know existed.

I am 28. I don't rememeber 1990. I think the only thing that has kept me sane is those first years the Oilers went onto sportsnet before I had cable out on the acerage growing up.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
What if the Oiler's just aren't trying this game because it's a meaningless preseason game and the opening night lineup is already set with no one having to fight for their jobs?

This still equals unprofessional hockey club. Doesn't matter. You put the logo on and play. Thats the new message here, new and improved from the old message.

Out, OUT with this losing culture..

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Our Barons fans are at NHL level when it comes to leaving an embarrassing Oilers game early.

They pulled the audio asap.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
This still equals unprofessional hockey club. Doesn't matter. You put the logo on and play. Thats the new message here, new and improved from the old message.

Out, OUT with this losing culture..

Agreed that's the exact crap that needs to be weeded out of this team.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Yeah you guys are getting an AHL lineup tonight but at least it's a damn good conference champion AHL lineup! Our AHL guys already won against a much more experienced Florida Panthers squad earlier this preseason so I wouldn't be counting the win yet :) Willie Desjardins has these guys playing with a ton of speed and as punishing a forecheck as you're likely to see.

Thought I'd quote this comment I made before the game :sarcasm:

It's happened to the Dallas Stars before too in previous seasons. For some reason AHL players go to the limit in pre-season and they can often surprise a much better team. I wouldn't worry about it.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Ugly.

Still means as much as the 4 preseason wins.

I expect Eakins to be losing his mind.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The only thing I'll take from this is we know that the team, and certain star players, are still very well capable of this.

An embarrassing performance from a club that still hasn't awarded the captaincy.

The same attitudes I railed about last year in OKC still persist. Trouble is they surface at the NHL level as well.

Players that play like this have still not bought into the privilege and what it means to play pro sports.

The best hockey player ever stated that he plays every game so that a person only seeing him one time would be able to see him play well. Wayne learned this from no less than Gordie Howe.

Maybe words like that could still be on the dressing room wall.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010
Disappointed to see the result, but this was the first game, preseason included, in over 4 years that I just couldn't be arsed to watch. Mean-nothing game in an AHL barn. Who cares. I'm certainly not going to cry myself to sleep over a 5-2-1 preseason. Bring on the games that matter.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Stouffer saying this was a very disappointing performance... very few decent bright spots.

Definitely agree... but again, the Stars were clearly the better, hungrier team and they simply outplayed the Oilers in every way. Oilers have to get to that next level of compete and work their ***** off against better teams like this... this pre-season hasn't been a good indication of what they'll face in the "real season". Still a long ways to go for this squad and a lot of chemistry to develop between all these new line combinations that Eakins has thrown together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad