GDT: Pre 5 | Oilers vs. Kings | Vernon, BC | 7:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
How is it that Nuge looks unreal against much tougher competition at the World Cup then turns average with us? Havent been able to watch the last two games so relying on reports.

IMO Nuge had a really good game last night. He's been quoted as working and developing his 2 way game more than anything else. He really showed it again last night.

He was noticeably unnoticeable last night...if that makes sense. I think he's a force in his own right.

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
IMO Nuge had a really good game last night. He's been quoted as working and developing his 2 way game more than anything else. He really showed it again last night.

He was noticeably unnoticeable last night...if that makes sense. I think he's a force in his own right.
Thanks for this.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

I agree with this assessment somewhat. I just wish he showed more offence at times.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Nuge won some key defensive zone faceoffs last night.. well atleast in the first 2 periods that I was able to watch.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

like a snake in the grass? :sarcasm:;)

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Thanks for this.

No problem...just my opinion of course. There are some really small thing Nuge brings to the game that typically go unnoticed. I think it's good to look past the points aspect of his game and kinda dig into the minutiae of the detail in some of his work. There's a lot more going on with his game than some may think. It's almost complicated to explain for me. He's just good at hockey.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
I'm still trying to figure out how the hell JP got that puck up so hard and fast. What a release.

It was an amazing shot considering he just snapped it. No way for goalkeeper to even think he's going to shoot it - it just exploded off his stick :D

I'd love to see Pulju and McDavid together for a couple of games. They'd be fun to watch on counter attacks.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
No problem...just my opinion of course. There are some really small thing Nuge brings to the game that typically go unnoticed. I think it's good to look past the points aspect of his game and kinda dig into the minutiae of the detail in some of his work. There's a lot more going on with his game than some may think. It's almost complicated to explain for me. He's just good at hockey.

id like him to start putting the puck in the net. Ive followed him and i see the progress in the full ice game. he has always taken pride in improving and not forgetting his own zone.
Id like some of that old flash back thank you. you are top 6 not a checker. great that you can be solid all over the ice...now lean to offense and let the matchup checkers deal.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
It was an amazing shot considering he just snapped it. No way for goalkeeper to even think he's going to shoot it - it just exploded off his stick :D

I'd love to see Pulju and McDavid together for a couple of games. They'd be fun to watch on counter attacks.

maybe he gets such explosive release because he works with both hands on the stick.

:nod:

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Pulju isnt ready for that yet. Hes just starting to gain some confidence out there where hes playing. No need to overwhelm him even more at this point.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
You're in a frisky mood :laugh:

That first post was just too tempting in its wording. I am disappointed in my initial quip as i already figured out better delivery...but thats why it is called a quip...
and its early monday morning at work.

hard to be in quip mood on monday morning when your first task of the morning is to lead a boring technical lecture/meeting at work

they should really have a quip face emoticon on here...kind of a "jim from office" type side tilt straight face

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Haven't been able to catch too much preseason, but how has Nurse looked out there?

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Haven't been able to catch too much preseason, but how has Nurse looked out there?

I think hes looked really solid. In Calgary game he looked great. Last night he made some really good plays but also some mistakes. He turned it on as game went out

Teh encouraging thing is that hes making better reads and really improving his play with and without puck from redline down. Noticeable improvement there. But still making questionable plays once he crosses redline

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think hes looked really solid. In Calgary game he looked great. Last night he made some really good plays but also some mistakes. He turned it on as game went out

Teh encouraging thing is that hes making better reads and really improving his play with and without puck from redline down. Noticeable improvement there. But still making questionable plays once he crosses redline

Yup. He's not just passing the puck to his first read in his own zone, he's making smarter plays and playing calmer.

Still has work to do, but he's fine as a #6 for us.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta

Much improved. I've railed on him, but he looks much more composed, is taking an extra beat to assess situations and is picking his spots better.

Still needs to work on his breakout pass, but I don't think Nurse will ever be a particular threat offensively.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Hopefully Yak and Pool Party are able to join him because they need the seasoning more at least for now

Sadly I doubt Yak would accept the AHL. He'd probably just hit the KHL and never come back in that case. I imagine he's going to be traded soon. I seriously hope he can turn things around wherever he ends up. I've always liked him.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Sadly I doubt Yak would accept the AHL. He'd probably just hit the KHL and never come back in that case. I imagine he's going to be traded soon. I seriously hope he can turn things around wherever he ends up. I've always liked him.

He'd never clear waivers anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad