GDT: Pre #1| Sunday, Sep. 15, 2013|Flyers vs. Maple Leafs (London, ON) | 6:00 p.m. ET

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The defense was pretty garbage overall tonight but that should be expected when you only send most of the immobile ones on the trip.

Luke Schenn was probably the best looking one tonight IMO but he even had some bad plays.

bobbyt911

Raymond & Ranger for me, Gibson was pretty solid as well.

I am happy that they both looked good cuz I am hoping they both make the team.
Brayden looked good at time but also seemed uninterested at times. Cousins was really going hard, I like to see that in a player.

bobbyt911

I looked at Cousins jr stats and was kinda surprised he went in the 3rd round. I guess his size kept him out of the late 1st early 2nd round. If he fills out he is gonna be a steal at 68th

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Cousins was fantastic this game. If he can troll his way onto the Flyers third Line this year I'd be happy.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Cousins was fantastic this game. If he can troll his way onto the Flyers third Line this year I'd be happy.

With only one spot really up for grabs, I can't see Cousins beating out Laughton. Laughton is definitely the better player at this point.

Even so, the future bodes well for Cousins.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
One thing Cousins realllyyyy needs to work on is his skating. Kid is gonna hurt himself.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
With only one spot really up for grabs, I can't see Cousins beating out Laughton. Laughton is definitely the better player at this point.

Even so, the future bodes well for Cousins.

Yeah Cousins certainly has a hill to climb on the depth chart. I still like Akeson or McGinn for the third line anyway But we've seen some surprises in terms of roster spots given out over the years. Laughton IS definintly the better player right now but he has a more offensive ceiling no doubt. But Laughton's skill might be wasted I Netherlands bottom six at his age. Cousins is a year older and his ceiling is a third liner anyway really. Cousins could work better on the wing as well. His game coud work well in the bottom six. Plus Read and Couturier are more than solid enough defensively to help him over come some flaws.

Maybe I'm just excited for Cousins but I think he has a long term future on this team. Making the team this year would be difficult but if he continues to play like this all pre season then he'll make it a tough decision for Holmgren and Laviolette.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Stolarz played? How was he?

Did Morin play?

Yup, he played extremely well. He gave up a goal but he made the initial save off it & the rebound bounced to an unmarked Paul Ranger on the doorstep for a goal.

Negative he didn't make the trip, I would assume he'll be in the lineup for the Caps game tomorrow night.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
best player today is
1 cousins
2 stolarz
3 laughton
4 clarkson

Nah.

Laughton was definitely the best overall player in the game. He was incredible at both ends of the ice. Brayden Schenn was number two, and I'd give Cousins a close three.

Stolarz was better than expected but not nearly enough to beat out some of our forwards who had great games.

Clarkson was good, but he definitely was not in our top 5 of best players today; probably not even top 10.

I want to point out that, before his injury, Rinaldo was freaking EVERYWHERE. He looked really good and seemed to have a step on everyone on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad