Line Combos: Practice day

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
upload_2021-1-20_12-48-11.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Interesting mendes asking DJ about analytics, Dj says you look at it after a period and after a game, and talked about lines having strong numbers then parlays that discussion into praising Wolanin.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm not sure White is getting a legitimate chance when Dadonov is also struggling to create any kind of offence. Paul is playing well, but I would rather see Batherson with them than Dadonov, they should consider putting him with Tkachuk & Norris since they are both playing better. This lineup needs another playmaker on the roster like L. Brown, there is really only Batherson right now, everyone else is either a mucker or shooter who needs to be set up.

Reactions: TheDebater

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Wolanin looks to me like he has all the tools to be a top 4 player with one exception right now & that is he looks very nervous about making mistakes & being benched or scratched for it. He needs a confidence boost which can only come from working through the mistakes & building the confidence to make better & quicker decisions in real time. IMO of all the players on this roster I have more confidence that he can work through this & improve than most others who I think should never have been signed or should be moved asap.

It would be interesting to see Stutzle start the AHL season with the B-Sens to build up his confidence as well. If he could play down there the way he played in the German League it could go a long way to helping him adapt to the NA game, speed in decision making & reading plays at both ends. It might help his development to get away from this shit show for a while given T. Mann is so good at developing younger players.

Reactions: TheDebater

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Interesting mendes asking DJ about analytics, Dj says you look at it after a period and after a game, and talked about lines having strong numbers then parlays that discussion into praising Wolanin.

Yeah I talked about that today

Wolanin has been really nervous, made some mistakes (like basically every other D-man) and before the season, he had only played 12 pro games in almost 2 years.

His advanced stats are still relatively quite good at ES (didn't check PP)

CF% : 2nd
GF% : 2nd
SF% : 5th
SCF% : 1st
HDCF% : 1st

They get outshot when he is on the ice, but they have much better quality scoring chances. Of course, all of this is still a very small sample size

Player Season Totals - Natural Stat Trick

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Paul/White/Dad sounds good. Just please leave them alone as a line for 5-6 games. Coaches are so impatient. Let guys get used to each other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad