Pre-Game Talk: Practice 4/18/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Wish he'd take his frustrations out on opponents rather than beating himself up over it. There's no confidence in his game right now. Needs to sinplify and play to his strengths- lay the body and shoot the puck and make contact through each whistle.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Wish he'd take his frustrations out on opponents rather than beating himself up over it. There's no confidence in his game right now. Needs to sinplify and play to his strengths- lay the body and shoot the puck and make contact through each whistle.

And try going to the net rather than plying to the outside all the time.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
the seasons almost over, and hes owning up to it now?

is there any excuse for it though?

Pretty sure he would have owned up to it had he been dropped to the 4th line earlier...I'm not defending him...he has underperformed goal scoring wise and fighting wise...all his other numbers are right on par. He should have been taken to task earlier then this.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
If Lucic can't keep up the physical game throughout the year and the playoffs, then he isn't worth what he makes. He can't get by just on skill. If he's not hitting HARD and intimidating, he's just yer average player.

xX lucic crew Xx

Jun 23, 2010
I'm surprised Neely has not sat him down and chewed Looch out, especially because Neely is the player we all hoped Looch would develop into.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I was hoping that being on the 4th line he would get the hint to hit and skate and create energy, but he didn't... I'd scratch him the next three games.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
Sure thing.

Although he's actually pretty good at protecting the puck and/or keeping it on his stick in the O zone.

Yeah he is and that happens either when he goes wide and / or starts a cycle in the corner or behind the net.

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
So let's say we trade Lucic. People are complaining we arent the big bad Bruins anymore.

What would happen if he left?

You sign a banger to take his spot and you get a good asset in return.

If this guy is so highly valued, why couldn't you get the #3 - #5 pick in the draft?

Lets see that could be Drouin, McKinnon or Monahan right?

doakacola*

Feb 12, 2009
If he can drop his shoulder and protect the puck in the corner, he can drop his shoulder and go to the net, like he used to do.

Not with the puck he can't, he's not fast/quick enough or deft enough with his stick.
He'll get broken up repeatedly. His strength is crashing, banging, fighting and some
decent to good passing. He is a below average stickhandler and skater for a top 6 forward.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
"haggs" reported that lucic said he needed to find his hunger again. aside from the comical irony of that statement, i'd say that's a little troubling. i do think he'll find his game, but a $6M player shouldn't need to "find his hunger again"

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I'm surprised Neely has not sat him down and chewed Looch out, especially because Neely is the player we all hoped Looch would develop into.

Because Neely is not the coach, and doesn't interfere with the coaching staff.

And please speak for yourself on who Lucic develops into. Not only was that an unfair burden, players should be themselves, not someone's clone.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA

I think you speak only for yourself there. I remember most of us saying we hoped Looch would develop into a 25 goal per season 100+ PIM 15 fights a year feared power forward.

Expecting/hoping for him to be Neely was/is unfair as Neely is one of a kind.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
"haggs" reported that lucic said he needed to find his hunger again. aside from the comical irony of that statement, i'd say that's a little troubling. i do think he'll find his game, but a $6M player shouldn't need to "find his hunger again"

What Lucic (and other players) needs to do is not try to be honest with the media. Crash Davis had it right. "I'm just here to help the team win." Marc Savard was a master at that. You'd never know what he really thought.

BergyMeister

Overpaid 4th liner
Mar 5, 2010
Tampa Via Vermont.

I wonder if something is wrong with his baby. He did have the game in The peg he didn't go to for personal reasons. If his mind is someplace else like the health of a child. I dunno just seems like an odd statement to make.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I wonder if something is wrong with his baby. He did have the game in The peg he didn't go to for personal reasons. If his mind is someplace else like the health of a child. I dunno just seems like an odd statement to make.

Since it's paraphrased and not a direct quote, tone and context would probably go a long way toward making it clearer.

If I was to venture a guess, I'd say it sounds like believes he has to get back to being more predatory on the ice. Stop thinking and just go full speed ahead. I think that's what he needs, and I believe he knows that.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
So let's say we trade Lucic. People are complaining we arent the big bad Bruins anymore.

What would happen if he left?

a valid point.....except for the fact that we are NOT the big bad Bruins WITH Looch (about to start earning 6 mill per)....so why not invest that 6 mill elsewhere?
I would only deal him for someone like Bobby Ryan, for now, I am fine with him sitting out a few games so that he can learn that he is not above being scratched.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Get me close to equal value and I would deal him in the summer. Hell give me Kreider and Rangers 1st
round pick and I drive him to Logan.

I thought that you didn't have a clue before, but this statement confirms it. Have you watched Kreider play? Nobody is "untradeable", but that package is a joke, and I'm sure the Rangers would jump at it.

It's funny, people who defend players are fanboys, but you come out ridiculous statements like this and likely consider yourself "objective"...

:laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad