Total daily $4.1m

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
Players: 853 355
Staff: 1 403 745
Facilities: 980 158
Arena: 1 070 088
Total: 4 307 346

I sold two of my most expensive players yesterday so that's around 200k less, but my facilities jumped 180k since yesterday. Staff is expensive but having 20k arena i need 4 working there and trying to train players as best as possible means big salaries. I still need to buy a 200 OR coach or two, but i plan to get rid of my two SD's for camp as my main ones will be reaching 200 OR by the late part of next season. I also have managers with 84% scouting so they are more expensive.

Currently 7th in world in money with 550M, though i don't think any richer team has spent more than me in infrastructure (625M this season, 2.386B total)

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Player salaries 620,525
Staff salaries 115,854
Facilities maintenance 200,838
Arena maintenance 1,496,990
Total 2,434,207

My arena is done now, so facilities and staff costs will start ramping up quite a bit.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
I just voted for the Russian manager for the U17 National Basketball Team. It felt a little dirty, but the current manager ran a sub-optimal line-up last season and picked players from her team to fill out the bench over better players from other teams.

I've never voted for someone from another country to run one of our national teams before, but this feels like the right call imo.

suprvilce

Sep 12, 2006
I'm having a hard time deciding what to do with my general sponsor. I have 4*, 4* and 3* offer today. I'm thinking of taking a win based 4* offer but i'd need to win 32-33 games to match a 4* basic offer which i think i could. But position based offer with only 3* gives me even more: i'd need to win 38 games with win based offer to equal what i'd get i reach 4th place all 5 times. I hoped to take type 3 offer for next season but only 2* and 3* so far. I don't know if i should wait until tomorrow and hope for some 5* offer or 4* position based one or take the win based offer today. Media offer has been 3* both days with 4M less per week than current offer. Normally i'd follow the 4-4-3 rule but with getting 3 offers per day the gamble doesn't seem so bad.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Wow is my soccer team suddenly in some deep trouble.

My 1000 OR midfielder gets injured for 9 days on the 10th, I lose my 675 OR central defender who gets his 4th card in that day's game, my 1000 OR striker gets injured for 16 days last night and now my 685 OR right defender gets his 4th yellow and left (1st sub) forward gets a straight red. I'm going to be forced to play my 4th string forward, my 4th defender and my 4th central midfielder while having my two best players out for Sundays game.

At least the next 4 games (including today) are against the current top-4 teams in the league, so I don't think I ever stood a chance, but I'm going to take a real beating over the next week and a half. :(

tescosamoa

Dec 13, 2012
I think that PPM has hit the last of its days on its current schedule. I hope that it comes back and reinvents the wheel. If not, it was a good part of my life the last few years. :) PPM was a good distraction to a 2000KM ,then 4000KM moves due to economic situations. Oh well.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I think that PPM has hit the last of its days on its current schedule. I hope that it comes back and reinvents the wheel. If not, it was a good part of my life the last few years. :) PPM was a good distraction to a 2000KM ,then 4000KM moves due to economic situations. Oh well.

What do you mean re: last of its days?

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
I'm letting go of my B-ball team folks - most of the team are up for sale, some good players to be had.

Only got time for 1 sport on PPM - and soccer get's the nod every day of the week!

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Got 4 and 5* sponsors for soccer this season. No performance bonus, either. Gonna get almost $115M. Probably still only be enough to add another full section to the stadium and boost each facility one level. Thankfully I'm not planning to buy anyone this season, and I'm actually a little ahead of schedule.

Hopefully my hockey team can get the same. Need a good influx of cash there.

capsaicin28

Sep 26, 2015
Progress Report:

I) Basketball: I no longer have Kabelsky, who would be the 4th best player in the United States now (at 19), but my team is looking very promising. I ultimately got 175,000,000 for a player I paid 42,000,000 for (though that was a lot at the time).

I used the money to buy a new starting roster of elite young players. They were expensive, but Kabelsky's money and the money I got from selling the older players I replaced covered everything. I already had a great young SG who is on the U19 United States NT. I got a German PG (now 18) with extremely high passing who was on the German U17 team. I should have his ratio fixed (he came from a dead team that had him only training passing) by the end of the season. I still have a representative on the U19 Ukrainian national team with my new SF (now 18). When I bid on him, the only other bidder, the manager of one of the Ukrainian national teams, had posted his scouting information, but the numbers were all about 10 less than the numbers I saw (my scout turned out to be correct) - this ended up helping me win the player since the other manager didn't log on in time and scared away any other potential bidders. Finally, I picked up a now 17 year old PF that has about 600 OR at the moment from the Latvian U17 national team. He might be one of the best 17 year olds in the World in terms of OR at the moment and should be better than Kabelsky in the future. Finally, I drafted a pretty good center who has about the same potential as my 18 year olds but is a year behind. The center also managed to make the U17 U.S. NT. My center position is weaker now, but I managed to improve 3 other positions to build an entire team, which I believe could be one of the best in the U.S. in the future (they're already I.1 quality). I'm debating whether I should invest in TF 13. I mostly intend to focus on my stadium (finally) going forward, but TF 13 might better go along with my current strategy.

After 2 great seasons in II.1, my team's OTR has recovered and could end the season in the top 10 in the United States. Unless there is in upset, I should see the Detroit Pistons in the finals, though the Townplace Animals might be a darkhorse contender. I think 2 teams could promote from II.1.

I voted for the Russian for the U17 team as well. Hopefully the current manager will get better with experience and after scouting more players. Luckily, the current U19 manager added the key players that the U17 manager missed last season.

II) Handball:

My arena finished a while ago, and my facilities are developing nicely. I should have about enough money to upgrade to TF 15 and HRE 14 in 5 weeks when it becomes possible. Otherwise, my team is on autopilot and is one of the 4 best in the league (probably top 3 after the Doppelgangers swap with Beer and Pizza next season). I managed to pick up a decently trained 900+ OR player for about 1,000,000 recently when everyone else was bidding on NT players from a dead team.

III) Soccer:
My team is currently the 184th richest team in the world. My team was awful in I.1 last season. I lost about as much in sponsors as I earned by cutting salaries, but hopefully my sponsors jump back up next season. It looks like my team could be competitive for 4th or so and should continue to improve due to its age. I might see if I can pick up one older player - a strong goalie in his 30's or with low CL. I am completely done building infrastructure.

IV) Hockey:
My team is 34-0-0-2 in II.2. It looks like my team could possibly be a top 12 team in I.1 next season due to better teams folding (the loss of the Boilermakers cost the United States NT many quality players, especially forwards, who were too young to make the NT but too old for the U20 team). In addition, my sports academy has been producing 1-2 worldclass players (good enough to be a star player for an U18 team) per season for the last few seasons. I could have an pretty good team in a while without having to buy anyone. Lynn Pace could come close to hitting 700 OR as a 15 year old. For infrastructure, I only have to upgrade my scoreboard and lighting and sound once more, as well as my maintenance facility 2 more times.

V) United States U18 Hockey Team
The U18 team is in its fifth consecutive season in the top division. It made the playoffs in 3 out of 4 seasons in the top division and is now ranked 4th in world (it was in division II when I started) ahead of teams like Russia and Slovakia. This is the team that I'm probably the most proud of. The group looks challenging this season, but I have the 2 best goaltenders ever to play for the U18 team this season. The first game will be against Canada.

Last edited:

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011
It's hard to predict much in these games, but one thing is for certain - Doppelgangers will not promote to I.1 next season. He's stated repeatedly that he would rather keep his OTR as high as possible in II and spend money on facilities. That's his game, "competing" on facilities.

capsaicin28

Sep 26, 2015
I agree that he might prefer not to promote, but his team at full strength was earlier in the season about 10 team strength points better than my team, which has generally been second or third, along with Team USA. That might be enough thwart an attempt to avoid promotion. For most of the last few seasons, there have been other strong teams in the league. If he does manage to avoid promotion, I wouldn't mind a return to I.1, though I probably don't have the ability to put together a team that could be too competitive for many more seasons.

kytihu

Jul 21, 2011
I agree that he might prefer not to promote, but his team at full strength was earlier in the season about 10 team strength points better than my team, which has generally been second or third, along with Team USA. That might be enough thwart an attempt to avoid promotion. For most of the last few seasons, there have been other strong teams in the league. If he does manage to avoid promotion, I wouldn't mind a return to I.1, though I probably don't have the ability to put together a team that could be too competitive for many more seasons.

How can you thwart an attempt to avoid promotion? He'll do just what he did last year - win the league and then dump in the playoff finals and promotion round.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Good start to my soccer season. 3-0 and 5 teams with much worse team strength to face the rest of the month.

Meanwhile in the National Cup I got screwed again in the draw as I get to face a team with a 24k stadium (mine is over 32k) even though about 75% of the teams in Pool A were over 70k. :(

Going to finish 3rd unless a newbie team somehow beats me in hockey. I'll get a GM-less team in the first round and will probably throw my 2nd round matchup (if I tried, I might have a longshot chance, but I'd then have to deal with a promotion game and I don't want to even risk possibly winning it) and try to finish 3rd in the playoff standings as well. If I get good sponsor and skybox offers I might take a shot at promotion next season, otherwise I'll take whatever placing I can get season 24, sell off most of my A-team players and then start developing youth when my training and PR facilities should be at level 13 and building level 14.

Cory

Hockeytown
Nov 18, 2013
Michigan
Wow, creepy radio silence going on here.

At any rate, looking at day 1 of b-ball offers and for GS, I've got a 5* type 1 offer and crap type 2 and 3 offers. However, I'm going to stay in II.1 where I consistently finish 1st in the league at the end of the regular season. I know I'd make more with an incentive-based offer. Would you guys take the 5* regular offer, or hold out for an incentive-laden deal?

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Yeah, when some of the most talkative people quit the game, things get pretty quiet. I've been pretty annoyed myself as of late since the last three 4 star players I've pulled in hockey have all ended up being fairly crap. The fact that only 4.5 star players seem worth pulling is just silly, given how rarely I see one.

I'm fairly risk averse in my sponsor offers after getting screwed a few times, so I'd take the 5 star type I for sure, even though it might be better odds to wait for a 4 or 5 star type II or III.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
My mid-season soccer draft really worked out well for me. I got two high-quality defenders (for me, at least) after pulling another one the week before:

Barry Blair: 298 OR, 84D/72SP/69PA/83TC/59HE
Zackary Bourgeois: 279 OR, 71DF/91PS/90TC/60SP/57HE

Nicolas Beckham: 344 OR, 86D/66SP/76PA/78TC/92HE

Gonna train Blair and Beckham as fullbacks and Bourgeois as a center-D.

Considering selling off my most of my 20-26 year olds in hockey next season since I'm worried I might accidentally promote if I don't. Pretty sure I'm not ready to start developing players for a legit run at DII yet, but promoting right now would probably be nothing but trouble.

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
I'm still here. Just don't check as often as I previous did since stepping away from an official admin role on PPM.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Taking a run at the U20 soccer team for Canada. Please give me your votes and keep those damn Argentinians away from our squad!

vaidyagopal

Mar 30, 2016
Finally the leagues with inactive teams are going to be merged with continental leagues. A good move.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Gameday 1 of season 20 in soccer is done...

Man, this thread is ancient. :laugh:

Seriously, though, I asked this in the PPM forums and haven't gotten an answer yet: does an NT manager need a minimum number of votes to be elected, including cases where there's only one nominee?

If not, I'll get the U20 Canadian soccer squad by default, but I want to be certain before I start posting stuff/asking questions in the official thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad