PPM #14: Soccer Season 15 Starts Today!

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

**I changed these to referral links. I just want to see how many people join from here. And how many people stick with the game. I must have a referral link posted somewhere else because I've had 5-6 people join through it. But only one of those people have kept playing. I earned 6 total credits for that:laugh: If you join through that link and I get credits, message me on PPM and I'll send em your way.

Basketball is here!

NEXT SPORT? Who the hell knows?

Part I - January 2009 - January 2010
Part II - January 2010 - March 2010
Part III - March 2010 - July 2010
Part IV - July 2010 - January 2011
Part V - January 2011 - August 2011
Part VI - August 2011 - February 2012
Part VII February 2012 - September 2012
Part VIII September 2012 - April 2013
Part IX April 2013 - January 2014
Part X January 2014 - April 2014

The Basic Set Up
PowerPlayManager, or PPM, is a browser based simulation. It's completely free to play, but you can buy a ProPack to support the game. Which will also make a bunch of things easier, adds some graphical flair, cuts out most advertising, etc. But no actual in game advantage.

Currently we're playing hockey and soccer. Handball is coming soon(?). Yes. I said Handball. We think they're going with Handball because it's a similar team sport to hockey/soccer. It'll be easier to get that type of game up to speed. And apparently Handball is a huge sport in the countries where PPM is most popular. Once they get those three up to acceptable levels, we're hoping they add F1 or tennis or something very different for the next sport.

You get to name your own team and stadium/arena. The games use fake players. They're randomly generated by each team's Sports Academy. Every week you get 1 to 4 or 5 players depending on the level of your SA. Each country has their own name database, so you won't see anything too weird. You create your own lines and training schedules, decide who takes free kicks and corners in soccer, or Penalty shots in hockey. Hockey also has different line tactics for even strength and special teams.

Hockey is a very good game. Solid rules and execution. They seem to add new stuff every season or two. Soccer is a bit raw. They had some problems with the main soccer programmer moving to another job. So the development slowed down a bit while the new guy got familiar with the code. They're back on track and new things are being added every season.

Oh, I forgot about the National Teams. Each season in hockey, someone is elected to run the NT. They pick the players and schedule friendlies during the season. In the last two weeks of each season, the hockey World Championships are played. I think there's three divisions. Countries vie to host them each season. Unfortunately some countries started doing ridiculous bids (actual trophies and other crazy ish), and that seems to have turned off a lot of countries. They don't get as many bids as they used to. I don't think the US has submitted a bid in several seasons. But it's still a cool idea:) The World Cup in soccer will happen every four seasons just like real life, and their will be other tourneys in the off years. Or something like that. They're still working on that stuff. (National teams have been added in soccer. Our own Obryantj has been the NT manager for a few seasons and has us ranked 9th. That's very good. The US is a relatively small country in these games.)

Both games are set up like European leagues. The top league in each country is I.1. That's league level one (I), and division one (.1). The next level is II.1 through II.4. There's 4 divisions in league II. There's 16 divisions in league III. Then 64 IV divisions. The idea is to win your league to promote to the next highest league. If you finish in second, you get to play someone from the higher league for the right to play in the higher league next season.

When you get your team, you will start in one of the lower levels. That's so you don't get your ass pounded by the more established teams. You'll probably still get pounded by the good teams in lower leagues, but you'll also face a lot of equal competition. Don't get freaked out by losing. This is not the franchise mode in NHL11 or 12 or whatever EA is on. This is a marathon. Seasons last 112 days, so odds are you will start in the middle of a season. Games are played at Noon est for all games in hockey and it varies for soccer. In the US/Canada, they're played at 4:30 est. That's the daily update. It includes the matches and updated standings. The nightly update starts around 11pm est, and lasts an hour or so. This is when injuries are reported, contracts are renewed, training occurs, player suspensions in soccer, etc.

The Infrastructure
Your stadium is divided into 8 sections. You can add seats, snack bars, fan shops, restaurants, press boxes & skyboxes. You can also upgrade the type of seats. You start with benches and work your way up to Triple Floor Multifunctional. There's also Ice/Pitch Quality, Parking Lots, Sound & Scoreboard upgrades. You can even paint your ice.

You also have 7 facilities. These include:
*Training (self explanatory. Massively important.)
*Regeneration (helps players regain energy so they can train better)
*Human Resources (helps scout players better/faster, and helps get better sponsor offers)
Maintenance (Helps with security and lowers daily expenses. Not important at all.)
Education Center (Training for staff members. Staff are too expensive, so ignore this for the most part.)
*Sports Academy (You get new youth every week. Better academy means more pulls and possibly higher OverallRating(OR))
Medical Center (Cuts down number of injuries and shortens time it takes to heal.)

The Staff
Each of these facilities can have two staff who will boost the facilities effectiveness. But you have to be careful. Staff salaries can get very high. I would almost recommend not using staff until you have good young players to take advantage of them. The ones with the * are known as the Big Four. They are the most important and should be built asap.

A bit more on the staff. I cannot put too much emphasis on their salaries. It's paid daily and can get ridiculously high ridiculously fast. Here's the staff salary formula:
I.1- 0.1*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
II- 0.095*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
III- 0.090*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
IV- 0.085*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
V- 0.080*(Atty1^3+Atty2^3)
Here' the cost for staff in I.1:
--Weaker staff with OR around 33/27 cost under 6k per day, 650k total per staff per season.
--Average staff with around 50/50 OR is 25k each day, 5.5M total per season.
--Staff with OR around 71/66 cost 65k each day, 7.3M total per season.
--Stud staff will be 95/95 & 95/95. 170k each, 19M per staff per season.

Staff is not something I usually check very often, so it can easily sneak up on you. We've all reached the point where we can't afford to pay top staff. Several of us have basically given our staff away for pennies so we can afford to keep building. I just cut out 400K in daily staff salary. That's almost 3M per week, 45M per season. My players will train slightly worse, but at least now I can continue to build facilities/stadium. If you're not building you're dying alive.

The Players
Players are probably the most confusing thing to new players. You have to remember that your players are just numbers. Some numbers can change, some can not. I'm going to break a player's page down for you. If something doesn't make sense, just ask.

The Overall Rating, or OR, is just all of the players attributes (offense, defense, shot, technique, speed, etc) added up. This changes almost daily as your players train.

The Average Quality, or AQ, is all of the attributes' qualities averaged. Qualities are maybe the most important thing when judging players. like I said, each attribute has it's own quality. That quality(Q) will determine how well that player trains that attribute for the rest of his career. Equally important is having the right Qs for each position. D-men need Defense, Pass, Tech & Aggr. A player with good Qs (75+) in those four attributes would be a great d-man. There's also something other managers have made up called the Effective Quality. That averages the Qs of the attributes used by the players position. So you wouldn't include the goalie Q when figuring the EQ of a winger.

An example:
Winger A has Qs of 70G/70D/70O/70S/70P/70T/70A
That's an AQ of 70, and an EQ of 70.
Winger B has Qs of 5G/10D/95O/95S/95P/95T/95A
That's an AQ of 70, but an EQ of 95.

Judging them by AQs means you have a couple of nice players. Judging by EQs you have one nice player and one of the best forwards in the game.

I have some players with AQs in the 70s who never play unless everyone is in camp. On the other hand, I also have a 58AQ who has been starting for 7 seasons. He seems like a crappy player, right? But his EQ is actually around 75.

Career Longevity (CL or C/L) is how long that player will be effective. A player with a CL of 6/6 will train much better than someone with 3/6. Each player's CL can change at the beginning of each season. I think you can get the same CL for 4 seasons, but it could change in as few as 2. Injuries can also lower CL faster.

Preferred side should be obvious. A player with a PS of Left isn't necessarily left-handed, but he (duh!) prefers to play on the left side. Play him on the right side and he isn't as effective. I think it drops by 10%. Maybe 20%.

Popularity can be increased by being one of the 3 stars, on the team of the day/season, or finish in the top5/10 at the end of the season.

Salary is paid every day! I repeat: SALARY IS PAID EVERYDAY! Player salaries are a lot less than staff salaries, but I figured now would be a good time to remind you that staff salaries are ridiculous:nod:

Energy has two parts. Before the / is the current energy. It goes down after games, and is replenished during the nighttime update/training. After the / is the seasonal energy. Play a whole game with Very High Importance and seasonal energy drops by 2 points. Once seasonal energy drops, it can't be replenished during the season. It will be reset back to 100 when a new season starts. If your players have low energy, they start to play much worse.

Chemistry slowly goes up as the player plays games. It's a long process, but 100% chemistry helps your players play better.

Now we get to the attributes. Each one is set up the same. The first, bigger number is the actual attribute. The second, smaller green number is the Quality. The number below that in parenthesis is the how much the player needs to train to increase the attribute. So a (0.51) needs to train 49% the next night to increase the attribute by 1 point.

That's some basic basics. If you have any questions, just ask. We love to help:nod:

I just did this as fast as possible. If anyone sees anything wrong with this stuff, please let me know. Or come up with something better:nod:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005

I'm getting my ass kicked right now, but I promise to update this stuff when I can.

Here's what I'm working on for the HFB Player List. If you're not on the list, send me a link or something. I know I'm missing some people...

Canada
|
PPM
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Handball
|
Lg
|
Info
beetbout |
-​
| |
III.1​
|
| |
XX.x​
|
| |
II.3​
|
biznow
o.png
|
-​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.3​
|
canucks357 |
ecan.png
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1+
|
| |
I.1​
|
EspOrrsito (RBPK) |
-​
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
| |
II.2​
|
feichter |
-​
| |
III.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
idiroft |
-​
| |
II.2​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
JoshLind |
-​
| |
III.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
III.4​
|
neksys |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
oldtymehockey |
-​
| |
II.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
PMullings |
-​
| |
I.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

saint2e|
m_s.png
| |
II.4​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
III.3​
|
Steve Shutt (aka XaviesCrown) |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
|
Temm |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
XX.X​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

United States
|
PPM
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Handball
|
Lg
|
Info
BruinsFanMike82 |
-​
| |
III.7​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
bulls4ever |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
NTam​
| |
II.2​
|
| |
I.1​
|
NTgm​
Cam- The Disparager |
-​
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
Coach Bruce (Hawkeye8) |
-​
| |
III.12​
|
| |
III.4​
|
| |
III.5​
|
Cory (Cory Martin) |
-​
| |
III.7​
|
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
diskothek |
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
III.6​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
fakezomg (zomg) |
-​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.1​
|
kytihu |
-​
| |
xx.x​
|
| |
I.1+
|
| |
I.1​
|
Obryantj |
r.png
| |
I.1​
|
NT​
| |
I.1​
|
NT​
| |
II.1​
|
redcard(ngrover) |
-​
| |
II.3​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
tescosamoa |
m_s.png
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.4​
|
NTa​
| |
I.1​
|
Trade legwand (Jonesy) |
-​
| |
IV.2​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
tujague |
r.png
| |
II.4--
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
II.1​
|

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

Other World:)
|
Country
|
Hockey
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Soccer
|
Lg
|
Info
|
Handball
|
Lg
|
Info
Blue Blooded (aka AFant) |
SWE​
| |
II.3​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
Emerald
m_s.png
|
IRL​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
xx.x​
|
Korppu |
FI​
| |
III.8​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
Mr. Orange PPMe |
NL​
| |
---​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
---​
|
SaunaCrew(keeptdos) |
FI​
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
slacklar |
NL​
| |
II.1​
|
| |
II.4​
|
| |
II.1​
|
suprvilce |
SLV​
| |
II.1​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
| |
I.1​
|
taipaddy |
ROC​
| |
III.12​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
trueblue55 |
AUS​
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
| |
I.1​
|
vlady
c_s.png
|
SVK​
| |
III.2​
|
| |
IV.4​
|
| |
III.4​
|

---|
-​
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|
|
---​
|
---​
|

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Interesting Links
PPMe is a very interesting tool designed by Mr.Orange. Click on PPMe to read the article posted by canucks357 explaining why this thing is so awesome. Just in case that disappears, here's the link to the (Chrome version) and for (other browsers).

trueblue has a nice website with some interesting articles for both hockey and soccer. Lots of good info.

The PPM Eyrie - This is a manager who spent quite a bit of time figuring out what has become known as the tactics wheel in hockey. He's done some other interesting stuff, but this is the important bit.
Normal -> Defensive -> Offensive -> Active Forechecking -> Counter Attacks -> Breaking Up -> Normal

Normal beats Defensive, Defensive beats Offensive, etc. You're not guaranteed a win, but playing the proper counter can give your team a big leg up.

Hockey Power Play Tactics
Added based on Saint2e's preliminary data. Will update when possible.

Here's a very interesting Guide for new players from KnucklePuck
Knuckle's guide to success for PPM newbies
-------------------------------------------------

If you play division 1 the only goal is to win cups while keeping the income vs costs balanced. If you play in lower leagues (as a rookie you always start in the lower divisions), the goal is to maximise profit.

Step1:

For a rookie the only way to be successfull is to buy old well trained players (cheap guys around 10-50k $) on the market to make your team competive enough for the lowest leage level.

Step 2: Arena

Build it to medium/large stands. Keep it there. Once you get 100 Mil plus from sponsors, start upgrading to tripple multi.

Step 3: Facilities

Training/ Regeneration Facility: You don't need it because you don't have good young players to train anyway.

Sports Academy: The further the game proceeds the higher the number of players pulled into the system every week, meaning it becomes more and more difficult to pull decent prospects on lower levels (1-10). In season 2 and 3 you could pull superstars with level 5/6. It's almost impossible now, as the chance to pull talented prospects (not the quality just the chance) depends on the level of the academy. The system will even out a bit, when more teams have their academy built to level 15. Don't build it!

Education Center: You don't even need to know what staff is until your facilities reach level 10/11.

Medical Center: You wou won't have good players in foreseeable future. It doesn't matter if your players get hurt. Keep it at level 1.

Maintanance Center: Depends on arena and HR Department.

HR Department. Prime facility to build. The extra income in sponsor money will put you into position to build the other facilities.

Summary

Buy veteran players, build HR department and arena first. As the maintainance costs go up, build maintenance center. Each level of maintainance center saves 2% facility and arena costs.
Result: high income and very low costs as you don't have to maintain the other facilites and pay for staff.
Upgrade your team with veterans every now and then to keep your team competitive enough. Players that cost 100k today will cost 10k tommorrow. But keep an eye on their wages. Once you have a full arena and HR at level 12/13 only then start building the other facilities. Hire staff when your facilities reach level 10/11.

I'm not sure how I feel about some of his more interesting choices, but I can understand why he's doing it. I don't think you'll screw anything up if you do follow his lead. I especially love his advice about avoiding staff at all costs. Their salaries are way too high for their limited impact on crappy facilities. EDIT: I fully support his ideas. I think this is the only way to go if you're starting late. Get that Arena done asap.

Anything else needs to go here?

Last edited:

camrawrn

Apr 16, 2013
I won my League Cup in an interesting fashion today. I'm hoping to purchase two more soccer players this week to jumpstart my I.1 push. So if you guys see a high OR player that's under about 22 years old, lemme know. :)

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Soccer draft wasn't great for me, waiting to see who I got, but I'll probably ditch them all!

In unbelievable news, NONE of my 17 year old or younger players dropped from last seasons CL. It's unbelievable due to the fact that I have 20 of these players in my squad!! 8 of these players were transferred in last season too.
There were 3 already at 5/6, but to have none of them drop fills me with unadulterated joy. :yo:

In total, I had 3 CL drops in my squad of 37 players.
1 was a natural 18yo to 19 yo drop to 5/6, but the other 2 were completely unexpected which may mean I have to look to replace one or both of these players as they are first teamers.

Anyway, can't really complain at all!
(Until next season, when the PPM Gods slaughter my players CL)

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
I had a total of 16 drops out of 44 players. Only three of the drops were for teenagers (19 and 5/6; 17 and 5/6; 17 and 4/6). The two 17 year olds were already on the list to be sold.

Of the non-teenagers, five were in my top 11 and four were in the next 11.

I have zero 18 year olds, so no 18 and 6/6 players. I did have two players make it to 22 and 5/6; Esteban Alaniz (G) and Matt Hernandez (SD).

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Draft:
My first rounder appeared as a "C" after drafting. All guys are bubble players and likely canned. Furthermore, the glut of GKs I had scouted as promising all went to teams with junk SA so our U17 NT is screwed.

CL Drops:
As always, my elite-Q 15 6/6 CF dropped to 16 5/6. I don't know why I even bother with 15 6/6 guys. Between him and the 4 purchases I had the season before last, all but one dropped to 16 5/6.

Emerald76

May 20, 2010
Dubh Linn
Soccer draft wasn't great for me, waiting to see who I got, but I'll probably ditch them all!

In unbelievable news, NONE of my 17 year old or younger players dropped from last seasons CL. It's unbelievable due to the fact that I have 20 of these players in my squad!! 8 of these players were transferred in last season too.
There were 3 already at 5/6, but to have none of them drop fills me with unadulterated joy. :yo:

In total, I had 3 CL drops in my squad of 37 players.
1 was a natural 18yo to 19 yo drop to 5/6, but the other 2 were completely unexpected which may mean I have to look to replace one or both of these players as they are first teamers.

Anyway, can't really complain at all!
(Until next season, when the PPM Gods slaughter my players CL)

Ok, I may have jumped the gun here when I logged in today, it would seem only half the CL drops I was due only updated after I originally checked...

As it stands, my joy has turned to complete and utter dismay...
It turns out 5 of last season 17 year olds or younger have also dropped CL...:shakehead

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Pleased to see my IGR updates. Sharrard is my first player to break 100 and he's at 105!!! He finished the year at 80-something... needless to say I worked the snot out of him over the season. The scary thing now is he'll drop at least 1 IGR point per game :(

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Beat my closest conference competitor in basketball today in league play by roughly 30 points. I played N/N/L/VL to his N/N/N/N as well. Again, no clue what I'm doing right in basketball, but I like it!

slacklar

May 12, 2014
Soccer sponsors are similar to last year, 4* win bonus GS and a 5* MS. I probably should've promoted last season but I got cold feet and even considered going all 15-17 yos again. I'll need to buy 2 strikers at the very least and perhaps a goalie upgrade. Then see how much $$ there's left.

Did win the League Cup without much issue as the top two regular season teams bowed out before facing me. The draft was a waste. I had scouted three As but all were picked before me and the B's I got were 2,5-3* so didn't even bother accepting them.

Basketball is going surprisingly well. I'm off to a 13-1 start playing everything on VL. Might go big on energy in the NC and see what happens there.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
What rotten luck. I have a few days left on my soccer camp and what happens? I open the season with two of my main competitors, obryantj and zomg. ****. And I don't even have enough decent players available to even try. I've basically been using McCready, three starting Mids and one starting Dman. So not only do I not have enough good players to compete with those two, but I can't even use Very High because the few players I have are starters.

Don't waste your energy, guys. I'm going Low:shakehead

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
What rotten luck. I have a few days left on my soccer camp and what happens? I open the season with two of my main competitors, obryantj and zomg. ****. And I don't even have enough decent players available to even try. I've basically been using McCready, three starting Mids and one starting Dman. So not only do I not have enough good players to compete with those two, but I can't even use Very High because the few players I have are starters.

Oof. I used to always open up tough in I.1 soccer but for some reason this year I have a couple easy teams followed by my tough opponents - like everything was shifted a couple days. My camp ended Monday to avoid your situation. Sucks for you, I know that basically puts you in 3rd from the get go.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010

I'm in a camp as well, with only two starters available. Since I pulled a goalie in the draft, I can play him instead of a CM at least.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
Any good? Can I push for dual-citizenship and use him on the Canadian U17 team!?!

Eh, he's 6/6, 444 OR, and ~78 EQ. Doug Bauer

I also drafted a LD at 6/6, 454 OR, and ~80 EQ. Jackson Harden

I believe both were "B"s in the draft. Bauer is behind a group of stellar goalies who are spaced well by age (26, 22, 19). Harden will help my full back prospect situation, but he's up against two 16 year olds with better Qs that are also 6/6. Being pulled early in the season and the associated OR advantage (for his age) may help him stay on the team.

Edit: Neither is scouted, but I trust my scouts a lot at this point.

Last edited:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
I'm in a camp as well, with only two starters available. Since I pulled a goalie in the draft, I can play him instead of a CM at least.

What the hell? What the hell? I just checked our match. I was dreading this after you killed the same lineup in the LC when I was actually trying. But I really had to see if anyone important picked up some yellows. The score was about what I expected. But not. It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was looking at. And a few more to figure out how that happened. I never would have expected you to screw up more than I did! Why did you run a camp with no goalies? There's no way I win that if you had anyone decent in net.

Hell, I'm still not sure how that really happened. Yeah, your goalie was bad, but you still had the better team overall. I'm running a 3-4-3, but it's really a 1-4-1 because two Dmen and two forwards are all young crap who weren't even good enough to get into camp. This is so bizarre.

How did I even manage to get 6 shots on goal with my lineup? Aside from your terrible goalie, everyone on your team was at least a 43igr. While I had a 10 & 25 playing D, a 15 playing LM, and a 13 & 16 playing forward. What happens? A 5-2 WIN?!? How? HOW?!

I swear to god I only beat you when I'm not trying and I don't deserve it. Give me a full healthy lineup and I lose every time.

I guess this means that zomg should watch out. This lineup is scarier than I thought:dunno:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
In other, saner news, the Edison Illuminating Company's Menlo Park Quadruplex will have 6 Triples by the end of this season:yo:

They're all minimums, but who cares. That's awesome. Almost as awesome as that arena name. Menlo Park was the name of Edison's research lab. It was built after he sold the rights to his new telegraph, which was named the Quadruplex. That's a freaking sweet ass arena name, ladies and gentlemen. Keeps with the theme very well, and freaking sounds like an actual freaking arena name. Damn, now I'm wondering if it is...

The EIC's goal differential has finally recovered from that first two games when the starters were in camp(hmm, that sounds similar). It was a -34 after two games, and -38 after eight. Due to low Chemistry, I guess? It finally went green after game 19, and currently sits at +14. Thank goodness, cause that was ugly.

The team has also made it up to 4th in the standings after that lackluster start and some lineup experiments that didn't go well. I knew they wouldn't. The chem/exp isn't quite there to make large changes right now. I'm not sure if I'll stay in 4th though. I should start conserving energy. Either play on Low or get the second line on the court sooner. I should do something, but I am enjoying winning quite a bit:D

And Jay Woodall is once again leading the league in scoring because that's what he does. Plus he's finally getting some help. After a 19 point performance, Mohammed Dinninger is up to 15th in the league. If they both start producing consistently, I could finally replace Gregg Rivers at the other Back. He's a decent enough player, but there's younger guys who are ready to take over (Schnell and Boothby). And Rivers would be a perfect backup.

Obryantj

Sep 7, 2010
What the hell? What the hell? I just checked our match. I was dreading this after you killed the same lineup in the LC when I was actually trying. But I really had to see if anyone important picked up some yellows. The score was about what I expected. But not. It took me a few minutes to figure out what I was looking at. And a few more to figure out how that happened. I never would have expected you to screw up more than I did! Why did you run a camp with no goalies? There's no way I win that if you had anyone decent in net.

Hell, I'm still not sure how that really happened. Yeah, your goalie was bad, but you still had the better team overall. I'm running a 3-4-3, but it's really a 1-4-1 because two Dmen and two forwards are all young crap who weren't even good enough to get into camp. This is so bizarre.

How did I even manage to get 6 shots on goal with my lineup? Aside from your terrible goalie, everyone on your team was at least a 43igr. While I had a 10 & 25 playing D, a 15 playing LM, and a 13 & 16 playing forward. What happens? A 5-2 WIN?!? How? HOW?!

Congrats on the win.

I've sent all of my goalies to camp at the same time and won various times (even outside of the league cup); mostly because of not allowing shots on goal. I've lost or tied as well, but I was willing to take that chance. I've had only three goalies for a while and they're good, but this is probably Spicer's last camp. Note that due to a suspension, the line-up you faced only had 1 projected starter: Vrsecky.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Just signed up for this to give myself something new to mess around with while at work. Took a hockey team (Brampton Batallion...yes, I know it's a typo, but I have to wait until the offseason before I can change it for free) and then a soccer team (Julius Caesar) in Canada. Ended up in III.1 for both, though that means I'm a division above the lowest in hockey. More interested in hockey, but I liked playing Hattrick before they decided to drastically change everything over an about 10-week period, so I'm going to give soccer a try. I used the same name as I'm using here. :laugh:

Really into the upgrade system, especially compared to Hattrick, though I don't like that stadium/arena capacity is based on something other than choosing the amount of seats you want. In any case, I'm always an upgrade nerd no matter what I'm playing (the strategy game I play most right now is AOEIII and I always get 100% on the upgrade score :laugh:), so even if it's useless, I'm still buying it. Already built my arenas up to the max capacity at bench level (800 in hockey, 1600 in soccer) and am building food stands and souvenir shops for all 8 levels, and have been building up my facilities quickly (currently on day 1 for a level 4 training facility in hockey with everything else at level 2 or 3).

Still a little confused about the quality attribute, though. The FAQ/Guide says it doesn't change, but one of my guys has already gone from being an 84 AQ when I first signed up to a 55 AQ (Brent Belisle). I am, however, scouting him (42% atm). Is that why? :help:

Also not happy about the 10-day waiting period for buying and selling, not so much for players as much as the fact that I hate being coachless, regardless of how expensive staff is. It doesn't seem right to me, even if I'm just being anal. :laugh:

I'm 2-1 so far in hockey (just lost 6-2 to the 7th place team who just lost its GM) and tied for 16th place, 2 points up on 17 and 3 up on 18 and 19, while probably having the weakest remaining schedule of the 4 (I play 18, 19, 3 and 1, while 18 and 19 only get me as a winnable game and 17 gets the GM-less 20th place team, 13th, 14 and the GM-less team that just beat me). I'm considering tanking the road game against the 19th place team (I assume that losing games with very low game importance on the road won't affect crowd levels...is that correct? The guide seems to imply that, but it doesn't say it explicitly) so that I can play a season in IV.1 (or whichever division I get). Is that a good idea, or should I try and stay in III.1?

canucks357

Jul 17, 2009
Canada
Just signed up for this to give myself something new to mess around with while at work. Took a hockey team (Brampton Batallion...yes, I know it's a typo, but I have to wait until the offseason before I can change it for free) and then a soccer team (Julius Caesar) in Canada. Ended up in III.1 for both, though that means I'm a division above the lowest in hockey. More interested in hockey, but I liked playing Hattrick before they decided to drastically change everything over an about 10-week period, so I'm going to give soccer a try. I used the same name as I'm using here. :laugh:

Really into the upgrade system, especially compared to Hattrick, though I don't like that stadium/arena capacity is based on something other than choosing the amount of seats you want. In any case, I'm always an upgrade nerd no matter what I'm playing (the strategy game I play most right now is AOEIII and I always get 100% on the upgrade score :laugh:), so even if it's useless, I'm still buying it. Already built my arenas up to the max capacity at bench level (800 in hockey, 1600 in soccer) and am building food stands and souvenir shops for all 8 levels, and have been building up my facilities quickly (currently on day 1 for a level 4 training facility in hockey with everything else at level 2 or 3).

Still a little confused about the quality attribute, though. The FAQ/Guide says it doesn't change, but one of my guys has already gone from being an 84 AQ when I first signed up to a 55 AQ (Brent Belisle). I am, however, scouting him (42% atm). Is that why? :help:

Also not happy about the 10-day waiting period for buying and selling, not so much for players as much as the fact that I hate being coachless, regardless of how expensive staff is. It doesn't seem right to me, even if I'm just being anal. :laugh:

I'm 2-1 so far in hockey (just lost 6-2 to the 7th place team who just lost its GM) and tied for 16th place, 2 points up on 17 and 3 up on 18 and 19, while probably having the weakest remaining schedule of the 4 (I play 18, 19, 3 and 1, while 18 and 19 only get me as a winnable game and 17 gets the GM-less 20th place team, 13th, 14 and the GM-less team that just beat me). I'm considering tanking the road game against the 19th place team (I assume that losing games with very low game importance on the road won't affect crowd levels...is that correct? The guide seems to imply that, but it doesn't say it explicitly) so that I can play a season in IV.1 (or whichever division I get). Is that a good idea, or should I try and stay in III.1?

Welcome!

1) Qs don't change, what is changing is the value your weak scouts see them as. Once scouted, they'll never change.

2) Staff are a giant waste of money! You'll cripple yourself out of the gate if you load up on them. The 10 day waiting period is to avoid n00b mistakes in the market *and* prevent people from multiplaying.

3) You should be able to win often and soon if you wanted to. Winning is the main thing. Be careful about relegating as league restructuring could move you back up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad