Pre-Game Talk: Powerstance Goes To Disneyland! Oilers v Anaheim tomorrow at 8 PM.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
If you lose twice to the Ducks they kick your coach out of the league... atleast they should.

Losing to the actual worst coach in the league twice means your coach should be relegated, agreed.

The Oilers are toast. Campbell is gonna shit the bed in the next two California games and the Oilers will be all but done.

Holland won't do anything because of patience. But big changes will come in the off-season.

Wishful thinking? Sure him and Woody will get fired and that alcohol pickled brain Nicholson will get to retire with grace (lmao), but Katz hires another moron to select the next GM. I’m sure it would be Jim Rutherford if his senile ass wasn’t already making promises he can’t keep in Canuckland.

Reactions: bellagiobob

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
If this organization wants to see what they got in Broberg maybe it's time to give him more minutes.

He's got great skating/speed, length/size, defends and moves pucks well. Maybe it's time to see if he can put it together and grow confidence against tougher comp. It's not like the current top 4 is getting it done. So tired of other teams dmen either come as advertised or develop/reach their potential even at young age.

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
"well you all might see it that way..but what I saw was a hockey game going into the hockey game."

-Jay Woodcroft

On a bad note stl sucks and let flames get a loser point so now they have 2 points on us.

Bag skating to Woody is just Disneyland with no Genie+ pass...

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
If this organization wants to see what they got in Broberg maybe it's time to give him more minutes.

He's got great skating/speed, length/size, defends and moves pucks well. Maybe it's time to see if he can put it together and grow confidence against tougher comp. It's not like the current top 4 is getting it done. So tired of other teams dmen either come as advertised or develop/reach their potential even at young age.

Woody would rather give Nurse 30 minutes a game so he can “shelter” Broberg. It’s the Holloway effect.

On the bright side Woody is going to go 11-7 vs Anaheim so they can see what they have with Desharnais and his 3 minutes of ice time tomorrow.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Woody would rather give Nurse 30 minutes a game so he can “shelter” Broberg. It’s the Holloway effect.

On the bright side Woody is going to go 11-7 vs Anaheim so they can see what they have with Desharnais and his 3 minutes of ice time tomorrow.
If you can’t roll your lines vs Anaheim maybe it’s time to fire everyone

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Woodys firmly into In Case Of Emergency Break Glass territory here.
I'm scared to know what that even means. Is he going to dress 3 forwards (McDavid + Draisaitl + Hyman) and 15 defensemen?
bf6232385bc4db4059a8a2c1abc1827348bf5dab.gif

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016

Trust me I am starting to lose hope, as one of the few that thinks he's a good coach. HIs deployment of Holloway and Broberg while others play like they're half inebriated is perplexing.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The Oilers are toast. Campbell is gonna shit the bed in the next two California games and the Oilers will be all but done.

Holland won't do anything because of patience. But big changes will come in the off-season.
Kenny has this all figured out guys. Plan is for Kane to come back and play him 20 mins/game at F and 20 mins/game at D, apparently fixing all of our problems with one strategic move. ;)

Reactions: walktheboulavard

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
If we lose this game, Woody gets canned immediately after the game. If we win, he doesn’t get canned until the next morning. ;)

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
If we don't win this game...cancel the season...tank for Bedard...sell one or two of McDrai and start a rebuild.

Bury Nurse for what you have to pay...send Campbell to the minors (maybe not possible).

Keep Skinner/McLeod/Hyman/Kostin/Kane/RNH and three of the D`s.

And yes...

I am serious.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Another day another former coach out to mock us

If we don't win this game...cancel the season...tank for Bedard...sell one or two of McDrai and start a rebuild.

Bury Nurse for what you have to pay...send Campbell to the minors (maybe not possible).

Keep Skinner/McLeod/Hyman/Kostin/Kane/RNH and three of the D`s.

And yes...

I am serious.
Another lose?

Close down this board for a week

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Even the Penguins with Mario, I mean they were starting to win Cups at this point when Mario was 25/26.
They were. But the 1990-91 Pens' team was awful defensively, and nobody expected them to win anything when the playoffs started.

See? The Oilers have got all other teams right where they want them...

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I was just thinking about something: I've been following the Oilers since about 1984, and I'm not sure I've ever seen a more disappointing defensive team than this year's edition.

I know some recent clubs were statistically a bit worse (like 2018 and 2019), but that was with a depleted line-up and (in 2019) with fat Grandpa Ken Hitchcock running the show. The mid-90s' teams were worse for a couple of years, but it was hardly their fault as the Oilers' budget then was comparable to what the Rangers were paying for locker-room decoration.

Here's one to think about: Our top goaltender (technically a rookie) has played very well this season. Yet the Oilers' defensive record so far this year is comparable to the 2008-09 and the 2011-12 "decade of darkness" Oilers.

This, despite our "top" defenseman (Nurse) being in year one of a eight-year, $9.25 million a year contract, which is seemingly going to hinder the club until 2030.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad