Pre-Game Talk: Powerstance Goes To Disneyland! Oilers v Anaheim tomorrow at 8 PM.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
FLXvkxSVIAANxT8.jpg-large.jpeg

c5c09b2cff83b8d291b65cf624a2b0c3.jpg

Looks the same to me...

Projected 11-7 lineup

Draisaitl McDavid Hyman in case of emergency break glass line
Kostin RNH PJ which will do exactly nothing
Holloway McLoed Yamo has some hope but not much
Janmark Ryan yawn

Nurse Ceci which hasn't worked all year but then nothing else has either
Kulak Barrie a great 3rd pairing playing 2nd pairing minutes
Broberg Bouchard the developing 3rd pair and Bouchard defensive mess
Desharnais who will get 3 minutes of ice time

Campbell Soup who will be served hot

Last edited:

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
We will either play amazing, or pack it in and throw the season away. Don’t anticipate any middle ground.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Unknown-2.jpeg

OK this is how the breakout works.........the D get the puck waaaay down here and the strong side F goes to the other teams zone and circles back above their blue line while the other 2 forwards race out of our zone so all our forwards are 150 feet away from the puck.....then then D passes a hail mary to the forward along the wall here who is in strong coverage but thats ok because he will chip the puck into their zone so we dont have to worry about mistakes in our zone and we stretch the ice......then one of the other forwards goes and gets it and even though the other team now has possession if you work hard you can maybe get the puck back and we can try for something in their end....but if they get the puck and they always do we will fall back into a 1-2-2 defence leaving the middle of the ice open at times but thats ok because that means we have the walls covered and if they come at us 3 strong we always have someone back.....so that means back into our zone deep so they dont walk you and then play man on man following the guy around who has the puck and everyone else paying attention to their crossovers and try not to get confused and if that doesn't work then we have goalies who will make the save and we start the entire process all over again.....

Got it?

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
I predict Mcdavid scores 2 goals, but we lose 3-2 after giving up a 2 goal lead due to multiple defensive lapses. Mcd then breaks his stick over Pul's head , punches Woody in the face and requests a trade Thursday morning.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I predict Mcdavid scores 2 goals, but we lose 3-2 after giving up a 2 goal lead due to multiple defensive lapses. Mcd then breaks his stick over Pul's head , punches Woody in the face and requests a trade Thursday morning.

It does smell like an “aww shucks they got 50 shots, but were snake bit!” type of game where we don’t bear down on any opportunities while Campbell gives up repeated stinkers the other way.

Reactions: Stoneman89

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I liked Lowetides idea from his article. Run a young guy with some vets. If we only have 4-5 forwards that show up, couple them with a guy who needs to take a step. I would go when Kane is back,
Kane - McDavid - Kostin
McLeod - Draisaitl - Hyman
Holloway - RNH - Yamamoto

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
Haha I just looked at the standings for the first time in awhile. Kings are 9 points up, Kraken 5 points up. Preds, Blues, Avs, Flames and us all within 3 points of each other. I dont think there is any way we come out of that group with a playoff spot.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I liked Lowetides idea from his article. Run a young guy with some vets. If we only have 4-5 forwards that show up, couple them with a guy who needs to take a step. I would go when Kane is back,
Kane - McDavid - Kostin
McLeod - Draisaitl - Hyman
Holloway - RNH - Yamamoto
Yamamoto plays like a young guy still.... so. But, yeah. Maybe youre right.

McLeod being a fast one, I think he need to be the one controlling his line , driving the puck into the zone. But could be good with Leon again

Kostin scores with nuge, dont know if he scores with McDavid?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
View attachment 633097

OK this is how the breakout works.........the D get the puck waaaay down here and the strong side F goes to the other teams zone and circles back above their blue line while the other 2 forwards race out of our zone so all our forwards are 150 feet away from the puck.....then then D passes a hail mary to the forward along the wall here who is in strong coverage but thats ok because he will chip the puck into their zone so we dont have to worry about mistakes in our zone and we stretch the ice......then one of the other forwards goes and gets it and even though the other team now has possession if you work hard you can maybe get the puck back and we can try for something in their end....but if they get the puck and they always do we will fall back into a 1-2-2 defence leaving the middle of the ice open at times but thats ok because that means we have the walls covered and if they come at us 3 strong we always have someone back.....so that means back into our zone deep so they dont walk you and then play man on man following the guy around who has the puck and everyone else paying attention to their crossovers and try not to get confused and if that doesn't work then we have goalies who will make the save and we start the entire process all over again.....

Got it?

everyone got it, except for that guy represented by the squiggles in the bottom left face off dot.

1673379908010.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

oljimmy

May 9, 2013

Got it?

this is shockingly accurate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad